SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I found a kerry lie, nobody to my knowledge has talked about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunder_chief
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: I found a kerry lie, nobody to my knowledge has talked about Reply with quote

It's about his request to get out of Vietnam. I was watching the replay of John Kerry's debate with John O'neal 33 years ago on the dick cavett show last sunday night on CSPAN. And I noticed something that he said about 2 weeks of "deliberation" on leaving South Vietnam so I went and got the transcript and here's what he said.

John Kerry said "The fact of the matter remains that after I received my third wound, I was told that I could return to the United States. I deliberated for about two weeks because there was a very difficult decision in whether or not you leave your friends because you have an opportunity to go,...."

Well according to Naval records and the book "tour of duty", John Kerry was wounded and recieved his 3rd purple heart on March 13th, and on March 17th, 4 days later, he put in his request to be transfered out of South Vietnam. If 4 days equals 2 weeks my ass is grass.

If you want to see the transcript of that debate go to
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=KerryONeill

It says in the Naval records he has on his own website that he put in his request to leave four days after his supposed 3rd wound. Also it says that in 2 places in Doug Brinkley's book. I forget the page number of the 1st one but the 2nd instance is in the timeline in the back of the book.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe this too has been discussed elsewhere here, I sure remember reading it. If not mistaken, I believe I read it also in Unfit for Command. Look at pages 93 and 94.

Good observation, though. People are looking and catching these things Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: