SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is he the source of the hatred?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inbutnotthere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Is he the source of the hatred? Reply with quote

I was not in Vietnam. I was stationed at Walter Reed from 1972 until the end of the war. Being in the service during this time, I still resent that I could not wear my uniform in public without getting scorned and on occasion spit at.

In looking over the news articles and some of the information in Kerry's earlier book, it appears that much of the hatred that was experienced by returning Vietnam vets is a direct result of Kerry's actions and testimony to congress. It could be surmised that a significant amount of what is now the rememberd atitude of the anti-war public is from Kerry's actions

I am currently on Active duty with the U.S. Army. (Guard unit that was called up). I am pleased to see that we are working hard to defeat a person who was responsible for such a negative stigma for our countries defenders.

It appears that Kerry suffered from a guilt complex in his post Vietnam actions. Could it be that they things he attributes to others were actually his actions and he is trying to atone for his actions?
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a minute to understand what you ment, but I fianlly got it.
Could be, but I see him as having grandeous tendencies.

I remember when he was on Hardball once, and Chris asked him what he will do if he looses. He gave Chris this HARD stare, and said

I am going to win this thing.

Chris said well what if you don't?. Kerry said.

I am going to win this thing.

I truely felt Chris was a little stunned by his brittleness.
This guy is NEVER going to admit defeat.
Not without a straight jacket.

Unfortunatly we don't have time to convince him hes suffering from
a guilt complex, some how I doubt he would agree.
I am more inclined to feel he is in total denial, and believes
half the crap he has said. No one around him is going to cross him
I don't believe.

If someone could get him into treatment though, I am all for it.

If he would just come out with a public appology and about fifty retractions along with a 180, we could all move on.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is he the source of the hatred? Reply with quote

Inbutnotthere wrote:
It appears that Kerry suffered from a guilt complex in his post Vietnam actions.

Laughing

A politician feeling guilt? You gotta be kidding. Everything candidate Kerry has done, and is doing, has been VERY carefully calculated!

Including having the enlisted folks on his boats take 8mm movies of himself with a camera he though to bring along. I wonder if anyone remembers him having the 8mm camera on the Gridley.

I took lots of pictures when I was in-country, but they are of places, things and other people. I only have one picture of myself on the bomb-dump ramp of TSN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: