SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form 180: Kerry & Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoomie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Form 180: Kerry & Bush Reply with quote

I know that Kerry has yet to sign a Form 180 to release his military records. But, does anyone know if Bush signed a Form 180 when he released his military records to the public? Please don't get me wrong... I am a supporter of Bush, but the below article/quote has gotten me worried about whether or not Bush signed a 180 as well:

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040818-121345-3874r.htm

Quote:
At the White House, press secretary Scott McClellan said he couldn't say specifically whether Mr. Bush signed Standard Form 180, but the president did request and release his own military records in February.
"I don't believe he signed any form, but he did authorize making his military records available publicly," Mr. McClellan said. "We have released all the records, and reporters were allowed to look at his medical records as well."

Someone informed me that President Bush does not need to sign a Form 180. As CIC, he can order it done. In any case, if anyone could provide some info/feedback regarding this issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and I apologize if this question has been brought up before.

Thanks in advance!
305th Maintenance Squadron, McGuire AFB
1998-1999
303rd Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
Skivvy Nine
Keeping the Morning Calm
1999-2000
SOFMan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, he released everything but medical records. However, there was a fire in St Louis years ago and many records for thousands of vets were totall or partially lost. Many Bush critics say "yeah, right", but this is indeed true, as my dad's and father-in-law's records were lost when I tried to send for them.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fire in St. Louis was in 1973 and destroyed mostly WW2 vets records. The latest records lost in it were from the very early 60's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: