SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Civilian speaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grateful American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Civilian speaks Reply with quote

I have never served,and so I do not pass judgement on thoses who put there lifes on the line. but those who served with Kerry have a perspective I want to hear.

Thank you
HeyJude
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never in the military but I'm an American and I find Kerry to be a total jerk, which is putting it mildly!
How he could have come back from Vietnam, pulled off what he did, then turn around years later using his "hero" status as a campaign tactic is just beyond words. Not to mention a lot of those supporting this "hero" status of his were in the same boat with him at those anti-war rallies. Just damned amazing!
I've disliked people like him and that pig Jane Fonda since my parents took in a war protest in Denver around the summer of 1966 right after my older brother went into the Navy. It was nothing big but there was a lot of yelling back and forth. My parents were very sorry they took us kids. I've always been glad they did though because I learned at a young age what pieces of garbage these people were and still are. That day I watched a bus from the Air Force base come around and make men get on and go back to the base. Men who might have been shipped out soon. Their days were ruined because of that rally and it's always pissed me off!
Pardon my rant but that is how I feel about this whole thing! [/quote]
AMERICANPRIDE
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have never served, but I grew up on the tail-end of an era where it meant something to serve your country. I remember in the 6th grade what an honor it was to be chosen to raise and lower the Flag for that day, and what a terrible thing it was to let it touch the ground. Handling it was like handling a holy relic. It's a national tregedy that many kids today could care less, and that many don't even know the Pledge of Allegiance.
My sister is currently serving in the Nat. Guards @ Camp Phoenix, and my daughter's fiance just left for Fort Polk yesterday morning. He served for 16 months in Iraq, and just this week was promoted to Sgt.
I am deeply ashamed that our country will allow someone like Kerry to run for President, much less serve as a senator. His policies disgust me. I saw his speech in Ohio on CNN, and was so infuriated I had to turn the channel. How dare he speak of faith and veterans after what he did to besmirch the honor of those who laid their lives on the line? He is crass and totally unfit to run a country.
When he said that 90% of the burden of the cost of the war was being shouldered by America, that 90% of the coffins were draped with the American Flag, he was right. HOWEVER---he went on to say that America needs a President that will get the Coalition Forces to be a more integral part and shoulder more of the war, I was pissed, to put it mildly. Weren't well OVER 90% of the casualties of 9/11 AMERICAN??? I think that makes it our responsibility to shoulder the lion's share of the war effort. His plan would send the message that anyone could terrorize us and he won't do that much about it.
War is never a good thing, but sometimes it becomes a necessary evil, and regardless of whether or not a person thinks the war is right, they should still support our troops. Thank God for them!!! They make it possible for us to enjoy the freedoms we have.
Bless each and every one of our Veterans and currently active soldiers, and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE GIVEN AND CONTINUE TO GIVE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: