SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for shipmates of Rd2 Kenneth P West COSTDIV-15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost my swiftie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Looking for shipmates of Rd2 Kenneth P West COSTDIV-15 Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking for former shipmates of Ken's, who can fill in some blanks, for me.

He drowned, at the age of 24, 6/22/69 at SeaFloat Nha Be.He was from Butte MT and had been in the Navy 6 years.

I have a picture of Ken, and 2 other lads, who his sister and I would love to find out who they were, and if they made it home OK!

Thanks to all of you,

Sheryl [/b]
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for shipmates of Rd2 Kenneth P West COSTDIV-15 Reply with quote

Lost my swiftie wrote:
I'm looking for former shipmates of Ken's,
who can fill in some blanks, for me.

Sheryl ....

I have posted your request on a Swift Boat discussion group
where sailors that might have knowledge of those in your
picture might be able to provide assistance.

As I am sure you are aware, Swift Boat sailors remember our
fallen shipmates with great passion. We maintain a tribute to
all the "Swifties" that are still on patrol in South East Asia in
the restored Swift Boat located in the Vietnam Unit Memorial
at the Naval Amphibious Base in Coronado, California. Ken's
picture is part of that tribute.

Lost my swiftie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Looking for shipmates of Rd2 Kenneth P West COSTDIV-15 Reply with quote

Thanks so much!!! I have been in touch with Terry Boone, and I will be going to Coronado on what would have been Ken'd 60th birthday 11/04.

You have all been so very kinda, and it has made his sis and I feel, like we are still part of the family.

God Bless you all,

Sheryl
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If theres anything you need while here in California on Nov 4th let me know.My family and I will do everyything we can to make your visit pleasant> I used to live in Coronado, know the city well and might be able to scare up some discounts at lodging etc etc.BTW...An Ex Navy SEAL owns the Parking concession there at the Hotel del Coronado(or he did 5 years ago)..real nice place.
I live about an hour and a half north on Pacific Coast Hwy in Newport Beach,Orange County.Pls feel free to PM me or contact the Admin of this board for both my telephone number and bonifides.

All the Best,
Detective, just another proud American
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: