SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Libel/Slander and what Kerry hasn't done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Libel/Slander and what Kerry hasn't done Reply with quote

My apologies if this has been discussed already. (I'm new to the board, so I'm not aware of everything that's been talked about.)

Kerry complains that the SBVFT are lying and distorting his record. If he really believes that, then why hasn't he filed lawsuits for slander and libel? (I'm certainly not aware that he has.)

According to Dictionary.com, libel means:

Quote:

libel

1. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
2. The act of presenting such material to the public.

Now if we believe what Kerry says, then Unfit for Command fits the definition of libel.

According to Dictionary.com, slander means:

Quote:

slander

1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Again, if we are to believe Kerry's spin, then the two commercials which have aired already fit the definition of slander.

Please pardon my language, but I personally feel that Kerry is full of shite. He whines and complains about a group allegedly telling lies about him and distorting his record, yet the best he can do is file a complaint with the FEC and ask Bush to "make them stop!!!!!" (Reminds me of a spoiled child who doesn't get his way, and so throws a temper tantrum.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerry has NOT filed suit for libel or slander against anybody! Yet he would have us believe that the SBVFT are telling lies about him.

So, Mr. Kerry, put your money where your mouth is. Release ALL of your records, go to court, and sue anybody who you allege is lying about you.

But Kerry won't do that. Because if he actually took legal action, he'd be proven in a court of law to be a lying, low-life, self-serving bastard. (And those are his good points!) That, and I suspect he can't afford to have all his military records released.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're absolutely right - kerry wont sue
he'd be on the receiving end of D-i-s-c-o-v-e-r-y
and being a national fiqure, everything about his life would be open to investigation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: