SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing into Kerry's hands?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YankeeMark
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Playing into Kerry's hands? Reply with quote

- It seems like Kerry wants to talk of nothing but Vietnam - it bolsters his anti-terrorism credentials.
- Bush's biggest weakness regarding the war on terror is his dubious lack of Vietnam experience.
- After reviewing the SBVfT's arguments, it looks like Kerry might be guilty of exagerating his injuries, but overall, his record looks fairly impressive to me (sorry - maybe I'm just a dumb civi, but so is 99% of the American electorate).

It seems to me that the best strategy is to not make Vietnam an issue. Or if it is to be made into an issue, attack Kerry's post Vietnam lefty protest shinanigans.

Better still, why not attack Kerry's liberal Senate record?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yankee!

Stand by. Wink
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick him in the shin, (1st ad)
Punch him in the gut, (2nd ad)
Uppercut him and lay him out on the mat. (Documentary)
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Playing into Kerry's hands? Reply with quote

YankeeMark wrote:
-It seems to me that the best strategy is to not make Vietnam an issue. Or if it is to be made into an issue, attack Kerry's post Vietnam lefty protest shinanigans.

Since you've decided Kerry's your boy, I just bet you want us to get off his Vietnam record. Wink

Seems like most of his supporters feel like you do.

Hurts...doesn't it? Very Happy
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Playing into Kerry's hands? Reply with quote

YankeeMark wrote:
- After reviewing the SBVfT's arguments, it looks like Kerry might be guilty of exagerating his injuries, but overall, his record looks fairly impressive to me (

You and General Glap agree, that is why there is a tribute to John Kerry in a Hanoi war museum.

My suggestion to you is, if Kerry is not elected maybe Hanoi would be a great place for you to live. After all, everyone loves your hero Kerry over there, and they would love you too.

Zell Miller
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm! What 5 letter word starts with a "T" ? Maybe yes...maybe no, this one's got me stumped!
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try Yank... but your argument doesn't float. Fact is the Kerry campaign is falling apart at the seams over this. His own homies are after him i.e. Washington Post, Boston Globe.

Sorry Charlie... you lose. Laughing

http://www.thewebplace.com/
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- After reviewing the SBVfT's arguments, it looks like Kerry might be guilty of exagerating his injuries, but overall, his record looks fairly impressive to me (sorry - maybe I'm just a dumb civi, but so is 99% of the American electorate).

Nice try Troll. Exactly what part of kerrys resume is fairly impressive? The 2 woman he duped into marrying him worth a combined value of 70 percent of the worlds countries?
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Playing into Kerry's hands? Reply with quote

YankeeMark wrote:
-
It seems to me that the best strategy is to not make Vietnam an issue. Or if it is to be made into an issue, attack Kerry's post Vietnam lefty protest shinanigans.

Better still, why not attack Kerry's liberal Senate record?

Two things here. One, Kerry is running his campaign on his 4 months' service in Vietnam. That makes it an issue in the forefront and one to address. Two, his senate record is the reason he's chosen to run his campaign on his 4 months' service in Vietnam. Were Kerry to have campaigned on his pathetic senate performance, he knows far too well, he would have no campaign.

Look at his Senate voting record. In addition, what is a primary issue facing this country? Terrorism and attempts against the United States. Kerry sat on the Senate Intelligence Committe from 1993 to 2000. He attended 11 of 49 of those meetings. Clearly, his attendance thereto speaks volumes as to his concern over intel and terrorist threats against the US. Altogether, not a pretty picture to run a campaign on.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction:

We are not here to elect George Bush. We are not here to elect a republican. We are not here to form a strategy to do any of these things.

We are here to correct the record distorted by Kerry about his own history, and more importantly, the veterans that he served with.

We are here to spread the truth to as many people as we can.

What happens after that is not up to us. After that, let the chips fall where they may. America will get the president it votes for.

The Kerry campaign will figure this out eventually.

Admin note:

Mind if I steal this?

Well said.

Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: YankeeMark Reply with quote

Actually this is a duplicate thread. YankeeMark, assuming you're sincere, and even if you're not, check out the discussion here:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4297
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem that Kerry has does not stop with his dubious Vietnam service. It extends to his dis-service to his country after the war. He will get hammered more on this.

Arm in arm with Hanoi Jane aint gonna fly! Being in the Communist Hall of Fame in Siagon City isnt exactly something he wants out on the street.

Consorting with the enemy in time of war is a serious charge. Especially someone who was still in the Naval reserve!

His 'impressive' military record IS impressive at first glance. Looking into the FULL record is what is needed. But, because there seems to be alot of rather damaging information in his fulll and unsanitized record, he wont sign Standard Form 180 and let the American people decide for themselves.

I for one am sick and tired of all the 'he said he said' about his war record. Would YOU write to all you can and demand that Kerry sign SF-180 so we can get on with the problems that face this country?

This is your country Yankee, isnt it time YOU got the full, unedited story so YOU can make an informed decision?

If the Swiftvets are lying the record will reflect that. If Kerry is lying, likewise.

Its up to Senator Kerry.

My suspections are Kerry is hiding from something really really nasty.
Daniel J. Hutchison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Fit for command Reply with quote

Who would you choose to lead the country in a all out war which was forced upon us by our adversary? 1. A LT Junior Grade with four months experience 35 years ago "fighting" in Vietnam; or 2. A Comander-in-Chief with four years of experience as Commander-in-Chief fighting the current war.

The Navy may have been different, but when I was flying combat in Vietnam 34 years age, the only thing we let the LT do for the first three months in country as a FNG was wipe their own ***.
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think YankeeMark is a Troll. Like he said "(sorry - maybe I'm just a dumb civi, but so is 99% of the American electorate). " I told my sister, she lives in Connecticut, about this site and she sent me back an email about how much she hates Bush. I spent an hour typing up a response on how much I hate Kerry and told her I'm not asking for her to vote for Bush, just not for Kerry. I think it worked. We need to educate the masses.
With so few of the people in this country not having to serve, it doesn't suprise me that some people just don't understand what Kerry did.

Aloha,
Al

Dog Handler, Viet Nam 71-72
US Army Retired 70-97
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al_Hawaii wrote:
I don't think YankeeMark is a Troll. Like he said "(sorry - maybe I'm just a dumb civi, but so is 99% of the American electorate). " I told my sister, she lives in Connecticut, about this site and she sent me back an email about how much she hates Bush. I spent an hour typing up a response on how much I hate Kerry and told her I'm not asking for her to vote for Bush, just not for Kerry. I think it worked. We need to educate the masses.
With so few of the people in this country not having to serve, it doesn't suprise me that some people just don't understand what Kerry did.

Aloha,
Al

Dog Handler, Viet Nam 71-72
US Army Retired 70-97

Good work, Al! I have been thinking about these Bush haters for a while. I may be Republican, but I don't neccessarily always want to insult them by telling them that their opinions are worthless. It could well be that some of them might understand what the SBVfT are saying here.

Perhaps the best thing to tell Bush haters is not to vote for Bush, but to rather just NOT vote for Kerry. Suggest they stay home on election day if they aren't terribly intersted in the local races on the ballot. Fill out all of the ballot except for the Presidential race. Write in Mickey Mouse if they have to...anything but vote for Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: