SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swifts Supports Veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealDeal2004
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Swifts Supports Veterans Reply with quote

Admin: Quota for Kerry Talking Points Exceeded
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not regard whatsoever for truth, for honesty, for sticking with your brothers in arms, then go ahead and drown in your sea of lies and dishonesty.

Good for you, but bad for the country.
republicanveteran
Commander

Ok. Let's talk about his betrayal of veterans and the country. What do you say about treasonous actions of Jane Fonda Kerry.
baldeagl
PO3

Do you not care that Kerry lied about his service? Do you not care that Kerry slandered other veterans with his lies about atrocities in Vietnam? You are holding all other vets to a different standard than you hold for Kerry. You're willng to excuse anything he says or does while demanding that vets who know the truth just shut up.

That's disingenuous and worthy of being ignored.
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not regard whatsoever for truth, for honesty, for sticking with your brothers in arms, then go ahead and drown in your sea of lies and dishonesty.

Good for you, but bad for the country.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree. Veterans should support honorable veterans. Do you believe that veterans should show support for William Calley?

John Kerry has admitted in a interview that he did not volunteer for combat; he volunteered for Swift boats because, at the time, they were patrolling offshore. After he volunteered, they were ordered into riverine combat operations.

There are an awful lot of veterans, many of them here, that do not agree that John Kerry is a war hero just like any veteran of Vietnam or the Gulf War.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Let's talk about his betrayal of veterans and the country. What do you say about treasonous actions of Jane Fonda Kerry.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ride a swiftboat

Swiftboats are piloted not ridden. I think a swiftboat is much larger then then a bicylce. Btw, How do you explain Kerrys leadership position in VVAW a group funded by the communists in the early 70's
MDunlap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. RealDeal2004,

I have a close and trusted friend who served in Viet Nam at the same time John Kerry did. Like John Kerry, he received Purple Hearts, two of them. In the 15 years I have known him, he has told me many personal things. He has NEVER told me how he earned the Purple Hearts or his Bronze Star. All he has ever said is “A Purple Heart is easy to get in battle. All you have to do is stand up.”

For years I asked him what he did to get the medal. All he would say was he was very lucky. Now, I was not a soldier, but you don’t get medals due to luck. He said “I was a scared young man who ran. I was lucky that I ran in the right direction.” It took over ten years of friendship before he told me how he received one of his Silver Stars. And as he did, his voice still held the fear, anger, and intensity of the situation. Out of respect for my friend’s privacy, I will not say how he received the medal. I can say that it involved saving a wounded comrades life by carrying him several miles, with great personal sacrifice, danger, and the taking of many human lives close up.

Unlike John Kerry, my friend chose to stay in Viet Nam and serve his country. He served two tours of duty there.

Unlike John Kerry, my friend did not get on a stage with Hanoi Jane Fonda to say how we were committing atrocities, war crimes, and murdering people. My friend’s picture is not hanging in the Hall of Hero’s in North Vietnam. He was not considered a hero of the Communist Vietnamese Party.

Unlike John Kerry, my friend did not throw his medals over a fence and later claim he only threw his ribbons. He never disgraced the men or the memory of fallen comrades when he came back.

Unlike John Kerry, my friend still honors the men he served with. He still cuts the grass and cleans the grave of a fallen comrade. We go to Washington D.C. at least once a year on business. Each time we go, without fail, he goes to the Viet Nam Memorial. From memory, he goes to a certain place at the wall, reaches up, and touches a name. He closes his eyes and tears flow. I do not know the story behind this and I never will. I have not earned the right to know.

My friend is no different than 95% of the other Viet Nam veterans. They served their country under very trying circumstances for a public who did not honor them. They sacrificed more than we will ever know.

It is amazing to me that a person can do what John Kerry did and think he has earned the right to be the Commander in Chief over the same people who he dishonored after his Viet Nam tour of duty. IN CONGRESS, John Kerry said that American soldiers raped women, killed civilians, and burn houses. John Kerry was a Naval Officer. Under the code of military procedure, as an officer he was suppose to put a stop to any illegal activities he witnessed. If he was unable to stop it, he was required by law to report it with names and bear witness against the person committing the crime. He never did so. Why not? No one has ever answered that question.

They talk of John Kerry risking his life to save another soldier. That is bravery at the moment. Real bravery is never compromising your personal integrity and doing what is right no matter what the circumstances. I would respect John Kerry if he had reported the atrocities through the proper channels. He has never named names and he has never come forward so we may prosecute these atrocities if they really occurred. I do not believe John Kerry ever saw them.

I believe John Kerry is a coward and a traitor to every American. It doesn’t take balls to betray your country and the men he served with…just a black heart.

I would lay my life, my wife’s life and my children’s life in my friends hands and know he would keep them safe forever or die trying. By his actions in keeping the faith with his comrades, he has proven to me that he would do it.

I only have one question of you. Would you do the same with your life, your wife’s life and your children’s life in John Kerry’s hands? From his past actions, I would not.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealDeal2004 wrote:
If you don't like Kerry, at least focus on the present and future of this country under his potential authority instead of the distant, inconsequential past.

I think this is exactly what we are standing up and doing this for. We are worried about his potential to lead our country in the future. As a commander to our forces, we need someone who is loyal and we can trust. How can he be Commander In Chief and expect the entire military to have trust in him when he has repeatedly shown signs of dishonesty, lack of loyalty, and the lack to lead others. This is what it all comes down to, just like Mr. O'Neill's book, "Unfit For Command", this is atleast what I believe, he is unfit for command, and the present and future of this country is comprimised if he were to be President.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Veterans Should Support Veterans Reply with quote

RealDeal2004 wrote:
J If you don't like Kerry, at least focus on the present and future of this country under his potential authority instead of the distant, inconsequential past.

Sorry, this is the wrong site for such discussions. This site is about candidate Kerry and his Vietnam issues.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not care that Kerry lied about his service? Do you not care that Kerry slandered other veterans with his lies about atrocities in Vietnam? You are holding all other vets to a different standard than you hold for Kerry. You're willng to excuse anything he says or does while demanding that vets who know the truth just shut up.

That's disingenuous and worthy of being ignored.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealDeal2004 wrote:
]If you don't like Kerry, at least focus on the present and future of this country under his potential authority instead of the distant, inconsequential past.

Which "distant, inconsequential past" are you referring to?

I don't recall any distant, inconsequential past. I do recall a not-so-distant, very consequential past of activities that lost the U.S. a major war, cost hundreds of thousands of veterans their honor, and several million Vietnamese their lives.

Or perhaps, Mr. Real Deal, you consider such things "inconsequential." In the world of moral relativism, I guess that could be the case.

FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: