SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Witness the Heroic intrepid actions of Kerry during fire fig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Third
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Witness the Heroic intrepid actions of Kerry during fire fig Reply with quote

My name is E. David Pratt III. I was in the Navy in VN from October 1968 to October 1969. I was on river boats in the Mekong Delta area. I served on Tango Boats and Alpha Boats as a Gunners Mate GMG2. This was at the same time and at the same places John Kerry served on a Swift Boat.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Kerry was able to personally witness war crimes being committed, presumably, by the same people who couldn't possibly have witnessed his actions as a Swiftboat commander due to their proximity to his boat?
Third
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

Should read Fire Fight not Fire fig. I guess the subject line only takes a limited amount of letters.
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third,

Maybe you can answer the question I asked in another post. Were The Tango and Alpha boats called gunboats. Did they have metal plating around the operators section and a small gun turrent on the front and if I remember a 60 on the back. These boats I saw seemed smaller than the swiftboats. Just curious as I was stationed on the Mekong River with an Advisory Team (Tan Chau). I wasn't Navy so it's a little foggy after 30+ years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: