SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"VC" the Flying Dog?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeastofThese
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: "VC" the Flying Dog?! Reply with quote

HumaneUSA.org

Quote:
When I was serving on a swiftboat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC. We all took care of him, and he stayed with us and loved riding on the swiftboat deck. I think he provided all of us with a link to home and a few moments of peace and tranquility during a dangerous time. One day as our swiftboat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat. After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA. Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog. It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed confused, but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol.

Did this really happen?! This is supposedly Kerry's response to a question asked by HumaneUSA and was being discussed on Atlanta radio this morning. One caller to the show brought up an interesting point: what might be the consequences of calling out for "VC" while on a combat mission? Surprised
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this link out

http://www.mightyrighty.com/nuke/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11902
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
LeastofThese
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, admin! I actually did start this in Gedunk, before I moved it to SBVFT! Wink

Thanks for the link, kmudd. I'm sure this has been around for a while, but it was new to me today, and I didn't find anything when I searched for it.

Even though it's just a cute little dog story, the question of whether or not there is any truth to it seems relevant to me.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeastofThese wrote:
Sorry, admin! I actually did start this in Gedunk, before I moved it to SBVFT! Wink

Thanks for the link, kmudd. I'm sure this has been around for a while, but it was new to me today, and I didn't find anything when I searched for it.

Even though it's just a cute little dog story, the question of whether or not there is any truth to it seems relevant to me.

It is important because it shows Kerry is lying again . Thanks for posting about this I never heard this story either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: