SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I feel very unworthy in posting among all these true heroes here, as I only served during peacetime in the 80's, but i would like to mention something. I was too young to serve in Vietnam. I saw the speech that Kerry gave in 71 and it hit me hard that everything he said in that speech I had seen before.

Namely in the movies. most movies about the war had these same scenes of atrocities in them. Almost to the last detail as Kerry mentions. I was always ashamed that we had commited so "many" of these atrocities and i felt and told many that i "felt: it was really just a small minority that commited them. It was a blight on the whole country that these scenes were replayed to all the world over and over. I did find it strange that i read many books and articles that it hardly seemed to be blanket policy and that most commited these atrocities.

Now the reason I am posting this is that now I find that these atrocities that Kerry said occured in front of the senate and the country were mostly false. It appears that he did so just for political purposes. I am mad about this. I want to know if I should be mad about a man that has caused this shame on the whole country and given me this false impression that I had of our serviceman. I always did think it was just a few as there are always a few bad apples.

Thank you guys for helping to bring this truth out there. It has been way too long. Ya'll were true heroes back then and are showing me that ya'll are still heroes to this day because I am sure ya'll know that there are forces out at this very moment coming after ya'll. Also if Kerry becomes president these forces will be even more immense. Maybe ya'll should start a defense fund, I will write a check as i did for ya'll last week.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Smile

All vets are welcome here.

They even let a one-tour peacetime ex-airedale type like me hang around. Wink
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the 80s and 90s as well - but one thing I always seemed to know is not to believe anything that comes from Hollywood. They have an agenda there and in some cases, it is downright evil. John Kerry went along with what he viewed as the 'popular' opnion of the day. He is a politician after all. 35 years later - maybe he will learn about truth and consequences.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Thanks Navy. Also i know that most of what i see in the movies is not true. I was just pointing out that it seemed that all the atrocities that we saw over and over in the movies seemed to coincide with what Kerry spewed out that moment for all the world to see. I am mad that he said it then and really mad that it I found out it was LIES.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

And one more thing. After he apologizes (which he won't) to his fellow brothers in war, he needs to apologize to the whole country for his LIES.
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know... this is what I think about people who have only served during peace time: YOU ROCK!!! Someone still has to keep things going and by golly YOU DID!!!!

It is sort of like someone who is an E2 and retires and I have heard people talk about this. I've heard people who did it make comments like they were just there to do a job and it was nothing like being an E9 or even an Officer. BULL HOCKEY!!! It takes EVERYONE to make it work and no job is better than the other!!!!!

You did your time and gave your heart and soul for your country!!!! You sacraficed as the others did!!!

Sorry to go off on a tangent...... Smile
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

Thank you gunnywife. You are right about what you said but i guess i have always been in awe of combat veterans. My father was injured and I was told by my family that he was a hero. I knew my father till i was grown into adulthood and never knew this stuff because he would never talk about his tour in korea. I learned about all this stuff after he passed away. So i read every book and article i could get my hands on of every conflict and am so humbled to this day of combat veterans.

I was proud of my service and i feel i was a good soldier (Army). I was lucky and never actually had to fight and i always felt it was because of all my fellow brothers in all services. We were well trained and ready but none of us wanted to fight as I feel every soldier never eants to. I will say one thing though, woe be to any who made us. As Saddam found out soon after i got out.

I am so proud of these swiftees for still showing their true grit and fighting this fight for us all. I may have been too young for Vietnam but I am grown up now and will stand with them. Anything I can do i will. I wish i could write a bigger check but I can't. I can help carry the message and wil.
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until marrying my husband, I didn't "understand" nor did I even give military life a second thought. During the Gulf War there was a picture of some Aviation Ordnancemen loading a bomb on an FA-18 on the front page of the USA Today. I was married and starting a family and I thought the whole idea of that war (conflict - whatever) as being wild. I saved some of the papers and copied some stuff on tv......... anyways what I am saying is that I didnt' know much about the military because my family members were all retired and didnt speak of it.

Guess what.............

10 years later I married one of those guys in that picture on the cover of the USA Today! lol!!!! Who would have thought....

Now I have a whole new understanding and in fact I have some "writings" in a book published for military spouses. I explained the difference between civilian and military life and how in awe I was....still am.

So sir, in my opinion YOU are a HERO!!!!!!!!!!
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

No hero here. And trust me I do not need a pat on the back for doing my duty. To me it is a very tough job being the spouse of someone in the military and I will say Thank You for keeping the home fires stirring.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do not need a pat on the back for doing my duty

Anybody who did their duty deserves a pat on the back. Anytime you're in the military, you are subject to war at any given moment. After the draft ended in 1973, those who joined voluntarily deserve even more of a pat on the back, given attitudes that are still prevelant.

Welcome aboard and hold your head high. Peacetime vets are still vets.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard lucky!!

Thank You for your service! These people on this site are the most wonderful!! They are true HERO'S and it's high time and way over due for the truth to come out concerning this man.

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Thank you Mom and lew. I do hold my head up high Lew. Maybe too much so. I do agree that the fight is commencing and I am in it for the long run. Nobody trashes my country and MY heroes and gets away with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: