SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to go on "Meet the Press" / "60 Minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies without restitution are meaningless. He can show me the sincerity of his apology by:

Publically admitting that he lied to Congress in 1971 and write a publication that will expose all who conspired with him (Congressmen, media figures not excluded) to defeat the Nation's efforts to free S. Vietnam from tyranny.

Publically denounce "War Criminal" label to be unfounded and unjustifiable and take steps to restore honor to whom honor is rightfully due - the Vietnam War Veterans.

Publically denounce all documentaries, books, and movies as being based on his lies and false testimony and discourage future portrayals of the Vietnam Veteran as anything less honorable.

Resign from his political career and surrender to the Federal authorities and sign a confession to specific war crimes and atrocities, treason, conspiracy, and mass murder of millions.

Submit his neck to a noose with the understanding that his blood is on his own hands.

When he does these things - then, I will believe that his apology is sincere.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had an opportunity to apologize on Tuesday, he did not take it.

Instead he dug in on Tuesday and came out on Wednesday swinging.

I had thought Kerry's best move would be to apologize. However that was under the assumption he had dignity and regard for others. I tend to attribute those qualities in all people as an assumption, until proved wrong.

In Kerry's case he has proved my assumption wrong. Kerry has now shown his disregard for the impact of his actions and words on others. His actions in from of the Congress in 1971 had an enormous impact on many individuals.
Yet Kerry does not comprehend this best case, or worse case he does not care. Either way, and in between, he fails to show the emotional and intellectual capacity to deal with setting the course of a nation.

Kerry is a protester, and voter in the Senate when he shows up. He has no track record to justify his application to the duties of an executive office.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatrice1000 wrote:
The Ghost wrote:
has any one spotted Teresa Heinz Kerry with john kerry lately ??

and, where's Teddy?

Teddy can't say anything because in the 1969 time period he was driving young woman off a bridge and letting her drown.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest he came to words of regret was when he said he might have been "a little bit over the top" in his anti-war rhetoric, plus we now have the Dem spin machine saying those were "words of an angry young man." Hmmm, OK, and the point of that is....? He just yesterday also repeated his usual garbage about his "courage" to stand up after his service, "speaking out" against the war, all altruistically for America and against his own self-interest. As if he never tried to out-radical the radicals to grab the leadership in VVAW and use that as a base for his political career.

I don't see any kind of apology coming from Kerry. Ever. Apologizing and speaking the truth for Kerry would be like the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz coming in contact with water...aaahhh, I'm MELTING, I'M MELTING, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Larry
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 - Also note that in his PA speech Tuesday, he said "...you should judge my character on that incidentally, ..." referring to his anti-war activities and senate testimony upon returning from Vietnam;

#2 - He reiterated that SBVFT & Bush keep repeating the lie that he served only four months, but he served two tours. (Really? I suppose his two tours were served during those super secret CIA missions into Cambodia.)

#3 - My husband and I commented a while back that Kerry's photo on the cover of "Unfit" looks exactly like the wicked witch of the west in Wizard of Oz.....Funny you mentioned that!!!!!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances of Tim Russert or the 60 minutes crowd having a Form 180 to hand Kerry for signing?

That is the essential document --- How can Kerry apologize when the truth is still "unknown"?
OldAbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatrice1000 wrote:

Quote:
To me, the only apology acceptable by that man would be: "I have finally come to my senses as the fog clouding my reason has slipped away, like little evil gazelles leaping over a lake -- gone now are all the delusions I have harbored for so long, and I now realize the terrible wrong I have done to all the veterans of the Viet Nam War and to the heart and soul and integrity of this great nation -- and further, to prove to you the sincerity of this apology, and that my words come from the deep, dark depths of my being: I will at this time step down from my run for the presidency and fade slowly away into a quiet and unobtrusive place from which you will not hear from me again."

I couldn't agree more. I think that there are some things that should disqualify you from holding the office of POTUS. He can ask forgiveness and some may grant it, but that's not enough. He went way over the line and has been unrepentant through it all. He could have apologized at many points in the past years but has chosen not to do so. How can an apology now not appear, and in fact simply be a craven ploy to try and avoid answering the questions? If the people of Mass. think he's such a fine upstanding unit then they can continue to allow him to be their senator. He's not qualified to be POTUS.

- OldAbe
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction:

The closest to an apology he will offer will be words to the effect of, "I am sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt by the language I used." He will then go on to deny, deny, deny on any actual salient point.

Watch his exact words on whatever will be spun as an apology.

Apologizing for how someone else feels is different than apologizing for your own actions.

THE 1971 TESTIMONY IS THE MOST DAMAGING ISSUE TO KERRY. He absolutely must try and innoculate it before it becomes the focus of the story.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will discuss the present day issues - Kerry will charge Bush with failure to deal with the issues and using SwiftVets to avoid facing his "embarrassing mishandling of American Affairs."

In regard to SwiftVets - they will be discussed in so far as the liberal left counter that they are a Bush supported attack machine created to undermind Kerry's honorable service in the military and his honorable service to America in bringing closure to the Vietnam War.

This very timely for Kerry since he has waited to address the issue after the media has become weary of the Swift Vet issue - so it will be an opportunity for him to discredit the validity of the SwiftVets on the basis of their "spurious backing." The MSM will give him the benefit of the doubt and will let him have the last word.

It would be devasting to his political ambitions and to the image that he has errected for himself if he were to apologize. Not to mention that it would destroy the relations on an international level.

Don't expect an apology - except something in the form of: "I'm sorry you guys chose to arbor resentment for me doing what I clearly saw was right - and I'm sorry you guys chose not to attend the support groups in which talk-therapy was supposed to get your minds re-aligned to liberal left thinking."

Let's count how many times Kerry uses the expression: "Look, Tim!"

You can send your questions that you would like to be asked on "Meet the Press" to: mtp@nbc.com

The question I will submit is: "Mr. Kerry, since you believe that the SwiftVets is Bush backed for re-election purpose - Do you anticipate that SwiftVets will fade away after the election?" and/or "If SwiftVets don't fade away after the election, would this indicate to you that SwiftVets is about something much deeper than the election?"
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose Russert would have the stones to put Kerry against O'Neill again, would he? It would be a masterstroke if he could pull it off.

I am sure that Kerry insisted on being interviewed alone though. What a "hero."
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, he cannot afford to apologize to vets.

The minute he admits ANY sort of mistake, error, etc. in his 1971 testimony is the minute the far left anti-war bunch desert him in DROVES.

Remember, the hard core base of the Democratic party are leftists.

They believe NO war is justified, EVER!

If he tries to say that the remarks he made about Vietnam vets were wrong, he immediately SINKS his support.

It's a no win situation for him. He cannot get the Vets without a real apology and he cannot keep the anti-war Left with one.

The only way the Vets would accept it is if he said, "I said things in 1971 that were FABRICATED, that I KNEW were untrue."

The minute he does that, it's OVER for him because the core Leftists will be outraged.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
Beatrice1000 wrote:
The Ghost wrote:
has any one spotted Teresa Heinz Kerry with john kerry lately ??

and, where's Teddy?

Teddy can't say anything because in the 1969 time period he was driving young woman off a bridge and letting her drown.

BRING IT ON !!!!!
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions I would like to hear Tiim Russert ask John Kerry on "Meet the Press":

"Regardless of who wins the Presidential Election, if SwiftVets and other Vietnam War Veteran organizations do not discontinue, would that indicate to America that we are dealing with something much larger than we suspected?"

"Who specifically was it that led you to believe that you didn't need any solid tangible evidence to support your testimony before Congress in 1971 - is this your understanding how things should be done today in Senate hearings and court proceedings in our Judicial System - ie, to simply take accusers at face value, without requiring supportive evidence to back up one's allegations?"

"Is it fair to say that, in 1971, that you represented more than a number of veterans - but, you also represented a number of anti-war Senators and media who had premeditated to mold public opionion against our Nation's efforts in Vietnam - because, let's face it, if this agenda didn't pre-exist, nobody would have even heard of John Kerry."

What questions would you like to hear John Kerry answer?

When it is announced that Kerry will appear on "Meet the Press" submit your questions to: mtp@nbc.com
Egret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Sounds like Clinton Reply with quote

Where have we heard this strategy before?

Before: "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

Later: The big apology on prime time television.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this, a person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder has traits that are similar to three other personality disorders:

1. Anti-social;
2. Borderline;
3. Histrionic.

One of the common traits of all three is an inability to empathize; that is, to understand and also experience the feelings of others, and sincerely moderate their behavior thusly. Note the p/c to Mr. Brant: "Well, I didn't mean the Swifties, I just meant all the other veterans..." when talking about (war crimes). So consider that this was done to try to stop SwiftVets and nothing else. It was not an apology. Any so-called apology by this type of person will be for effect and effect only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: