SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent WSJ Online article: Kerry's Lost Opportunity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Excellent WSJ Online article: Kerry's Lost Opportunity Reply with quote

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005524
Kerry's Lost Opportunity
He could have healed the wounds of Vietnam. Instead, he tried to exploit them.

BY HERMAN JACOBS
Thursday, August 26, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

Here's the best excerpt, I think:

Quote:
How can it possibly be that his actions 30 years ago, which Mr. Kerry himself described as shameful war crimes, are now so undeniably honorable that no one is allowed to question Mr. Kerry's account of those actions, not even the very men whom Mr. Kerry accused of committing war crimes?

Why must we treat it as acceptable for John Kerry to have demeaned the honor of thousands of his former comrades in 1971 while those men were at that very moment still in Vietnam's swamps and jungles fighting for their lives, but now, when Mr. Kerry himself is well out of harm's way sleeping comfortably every night on the cushion of billions his wife inherited from her dead Republican husband, it's politically incorrect for the men Mr. Kerry called war criminals to raise a question about his antiwar activities?

Why are we are not permitted to consider the possibility, supported by the testimony of credible witnesses, that a man who said he was ashamed to have been involved in war crimes against innocent civilians would not have taken advantage of a few very minor scrapes to extricate himself from further participation in activities he considered to be shameful war crimes?

Why is that in 1971 it was patriotic dissent for John Kerry to tell young men to avoid going to Vietnam (because it was dishonorable), but now an official web site of Mr. Kerry's Democratic Party suggests it was dishonorable for George W. Bush not to go to Vietnam that same year? Yes, the official DNC web site throws down the gauntlet with the statement: "Kerry vs. Bush: Compare their service." To help us make that comparison, the Democrats have for years questioned every last detail about Mr. Bush's National Guard record. But as soon as anyone points out the contradictions in Mr. Kerry's actions during the Vietnam era, Mr. Kerry hides behind his tiny "band of brothers" and wraps himself in the flag with neopatriotic statements like this:

We call her Old Glory. The stars and stripes forever. I fought under that flag, as did so many of those people here tonight and all across our country. That flag flew from the gun turret right behind my head. It was shot through and through and tattered, but it never ceased to wave in the wind. It draped the caskets of men I served with and friends I grew up with.

Is that the same Old Glory displayed in so mocking a fashion on the cover of Mr. Kerry's antiwar book, "The New Soldier"?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the same Old Glory displayed in so mocking a fashion on the cover of Mr. Kerry's antiwar book, "The New Soldier"?

great artical

I heard a blurb from Kerry speech on the radio driving home from work. .. he swore everything about his service was backed up by Navy records and was the God's honest truth

sad, wonder if in his mind he has actually convinced himself of that. He spouts off about the truth, but wont release the records
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am not a crook..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: