SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill in discussion at the Washington Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the difference between the questions Hurley was asked and the ones O'Neil was given.

Talk about softballs. It looks like Hurley wrote those questions himself!

Remember, this it is not a free-for-all. The Washington Post chooses these questions from all those that are sent it.

For O'Neill:

Quote:
Mr. O'Neill, you are questioning the validity of medals awarded to John Kerry by the U.S. government. Aren't you also by implication questioning the competency of the medal eligibility determinations made by U.S. military brass? If so, aren't you in reality calling into question the authenticity of every medal awarded to every U.S. serviceman? If so, how do we differentitate the "good" medals from the "bad" medals?

Mr. O'Neil, are you saying that John Kerry lied when he reported the information he had received about atrocities in Vietnam to Congress? Are you saying there were not attrocities committed in Vietnam or that they should not have been reported?

If you have all these issues with John Kerry, why wait 35 years to bring them public after he has served in the US Senate all these years? It seems that much of what we are hearing is literal gotcha that can easily be turned on anyone including yourself.

You are accepting money from Bush supporters. You have personally donated money to the Republicans. You voted in a Republican primary. How can you claim, with a straight face, to be any sort of apolitical organization?

Since there is no written record, produced to date, backing any of your group's claims and ample written evidence to the contrary, why should the American people continue listening to you? Aside from the affidavits you hold, which as a lawyer you know are worth no more than the paper they are written on, can you produce any documentation to back your claims?

Pretty confrontational, huh? That's fine. O'Neill can handle it and it's important to get this information out.

But look at some of the questions Hurley got:

Quote:
Mr. Hurley, is it true that a total of ten men served as crewmen on the two swiftboats that Senator Kerry commanded? And that nine of these ten fully support him and endorse him? What credibility can reasonably be given to those who were never on his boats?

How is your group effectively countering the allegations put forth about Kerry's service? And do you feel it is possible to do so without appearing partisan or tied in any way to the Kerry campaign in the same way the "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth" has alleged ties with the Bush/Cheney campaign?

This following one sounds like a tough one. Except for anyone who knows anything about this story.

Quote:
Please answer O'Neill's description of the Silver Star Sampan Incident.... It sounds like Kerry was negligent by allowing that vessel to approach his PCF. The implication is that Kerry was asleep at the radar.

And the subsequent death of a young child and his father was turned into a massive Viet Cong attack thwarted by Kerry's heroism....according to Kerry's after action report. How does Kerry respond to this ?

Why does the Washington Post let that question is? Silver Star? Why would they do that? Hurley of course focused on the silver star and the guy asking the question sounded like a lunatic.

And a few more...

Quote:
With respect to the SwiftVet ads, what kind of voter is supposed to be most affected by them and why?

Is Kerry's campaign concerned with "meeting the charges head on," changing the political dialogue to focus on Kerry's vision, or what?

And then my favorite tough question question. I'm not kidding! This is a question!

Quote:
I am so disgusted with the lies of the this group. Can Senator Kerry sue for slander and defamation of character?
Did you see the segment where O'Neill spoke about his non visit to Cambodia interview with then President Nixon?

That was a question The Washington Post filtered through to Hurley.

I do not believe further commentary is necessary.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, a smoking gun of pro Kerry bias at the WP.

I sent in three questions to Hurley.

First about him sliming his own engineer batallion in Viet Nam

Second about Kerrys statement in his Senate testimony that the USA(armed forces) "murdered 200,000 Vietnamese every year"

And finally, a question about why O Neill had such hostile questions and Hurley had only softball questions.

Needless to say, none of my questions got through the ideological gate keepers at the WP.

The Lying Liberal Media are lower than even the communist hacks who used to work with Pravda!

At least the Pravda hacks feared for their lives while the frauds at the Washington Post do it out their own free will!!!!
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Support from beyond the grave Reply with quote

I found this Hurley answer revealing:

Quote:
John Hurley: Actually, a total of 12 men served on the swift boats that John Kerry commanded, and eleven of those twelve support him whole heartedly. He is honored by the support and encouragement that they provide him as he seeks the presidency.

Tommy Belodeau supports him from the Great Beyond?

"I'm Tommy Belodeau, and I'm dead. I approve of this message."
risawn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Support from beyond the grave Reply with quote

jrsdad wrote:
I found this Hurley answer revealing:

Quote:
John Hurley: Actually, a total of 12 men served on the swift boats that John Kerry commanded, and eleven of those twelve support him whole heartedly. He is honored by the support and encouragement that they provide him as he seeks the presidency.

Tommy Belodeau supports him from the Great Beyond?

"I'm Tommy Belodeau, and I'm dead. I approve of this message."

ROTFLMAO!

Man, that's great. What these guys won't say to make their guy look good! Of course, a lot of people probably won't notice that one small detail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: