SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Vietnamese-American Against Kerry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melanie Phan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: A Vietnamese-American Against Kerry Reply with quote

I am against Kerry because of his anti-VN war actions. I sincerely hope that the swiftvets are speaking the truth about Kerry's emblishments on his medals. I can't wait to receive "Unfit for Command" from amazon.com (5 to 7 weeks).
DanielKronlid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Kronlid from Sweden here.

What do you think motivates him to do what he does?

Also, what do you think ordinary Vietnamese (typo?) feel about John Kerry? Or, if they haven't heard about him, what do they think about veterans like him?
Melanie Phan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Daniel,

I don't know what motivated John Kerry to join the anti-VN war protests. I believe he didn't educate himself as to why the US government wanted to stop communism from spreading. It is painful for us, Vietnamese, to talk about the war because we lost. However, I wish that the anti-war Americans realize the US involvement in VN war was noble from the beginning. An uncle of my father said that the North Vietnamese officials were ready to surrender had the US military not withdrawn. Footnote: My father's uncle fought with Ho Chi Minh in Dien Bien Phu and he chose to stay in the North. We heard of his afore-mentioned comment from my grandmother who was contacted by this uncle after 1975.
savinggrc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

Kerry said what he said in order to boost himself politically - at the time. It's no different than anything else he does. Whatever it seems that people want to hear, Kerry says it.

My father-in-law served three tours in Vietnam. I've seen the medals he received from there, but only because he died last year. He received more than Kerry and he stayed in after he was injured, instead of running home to his mama to whine in front of Congress about the supposed atrocities. No doubt there were some, but nothing like he has said and certainly not by "every single one of us." The last thing he ever did was brag about what happened over there or show off his medals. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how any thinking person in the US can listen to Kerry and still think things like "honest" and "hero," etc. It's an oxymoron!

Yikes!

Keep up the good work.
smalltowngirl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Vietnamese idiots? Reply with quote

Dear Melanie, I was very interested to read your post. How do you feel about Kerry's past comments that your people "didn't know the difference " between Communism and freedom? I think that is such a racist comment, on par with liberals saying now that Iraqi people don't care either. Everyone everywhere would choose freedom as opposed to oppression. I sincerely thank the swiftvets for what they are doing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: