SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion for ad number 4.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much prefer to see something that doesn't resort to anything that looks like cheap propaganda. You know, like the DNC broken record ad.

Stick to easily verifiable facts.

I do like the original suggestion at the top of this thread......but, then again, who am I?
GST
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Warner and a couple of other POWs telling how Kerry's "war crimes" comments were used by their VC captors as psychological torture when they were interrogated and coerced to confess to war crimes. This would probably be better done by a POW group rather than the Swift vets, because the Swift vets focus has been on what Kerry did in Vietnam, although the Swift vets have set the perfect stage for this to happen. I don't see how Kerry could refute this.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No Man Left Behind... Well Really Only Kerry Fled".

The Kerry campaign has admitted this. This will completely shatter Kerry's whole "Hero" story at the convention, because the truth was that while the other boats stayed to help the damaged boat, only Kerry fled down the river. No one will believe anything Kerry says or claims after this.

Ad the end of the Ad, a 10 year old girl with her family around her, should challenge Kerry by saying, "The public deserves to know the truth. Sign Form-180 and release all your service records to the public". Kerry won't sign Form-180, so the longer he holds out, the more guilty he looks.
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: War Crimes Reply with quote

Does have to make you wonder if John Kerry supports the notion that US troops should be subject to prosecution by the World Court for War Crimes? Especially since he has already confessed to being GUILTY!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make a great ad. I'd also very much like to see an ad that outlines step by step the proven lies that kerry has been nailed on by SBVT.

#1: NEVER in Cambodia, retracted.

#2: NO after action report and no enemy fire from first Purple Heart, kerry said "might" have been self-inflicted.

#3: Lied about diving in for rassman, lied about NOT fleeing kill zone of mined boat, lied about enemy fire, no damage to other boat other than mine only damage to 03 boat, and no evidence of his stated 3.2 miles of "enemy A/W & S/A fire on both banks".

#4: Silver Star citation forged with Admiral Leahy's signature, and "V" for Valor on Silver Star a fraud and never awarded to any Silver Star EVER.

#5: Retired Admiral Schachte / JAG soon to come out proving that kerry lied about enemy fire while on whaler.

#6: kerry's own personal diary, pointed out by SBVT proves that he lied t get first Purple Heart, because nine days after he applied for that first one, he wrote in his diary that they HADN'T taken ANY enemy fire! NINE DAYS AFTER he said he was wounded by enemy fire!

That's just six off the top of my head, a couple of them different angles that the SBVT proved the SAME kerry lie! That needs to be an ad that's flooded all over the swing states and really, even the most liberal states just to put kerry's lies in the face of his most strident supporters and make them deal with their own ignorance and denials.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Fourth Ad Reply with quote

I leave it up to the Moderators and Veterans to compose the ad, because they know best what Vietnam was like, but I believe that the most effective ad would concern Kerry's testimony before the Senate in 1971 saying that withdrawal would not result in heavy casualties, followed by a description of what happened afterward, followed by a clip of Kerry saying (in 2004) that he would withdraw from Iraq in six months would resonate well with non-veterans.

It seems like questions about Kerry's unearned medals and lying about Cambodia resonate well with veterans, but there are many more non-veterans than veterans in the electorate, and something needs to be done to relate Kerry's history to non-veterans, to what Kerry would do in the future if elected President. If his past judgment about withdrawal from Vietnam was disastrous, what consequences would his faulty judgment have if he were President?

But SBVT does seem to be scoring points with parts of the electorate.
Rasmussen now shows Bush leading 48-45 nationally, his biggest lead since June 12. Bush now leads Wisconsin 48-45, but is still behind in Ohio 48-46, and Pennsylvania 49-45, where SBVT ads have run. USA Today now has Pennsylvania at 47-47 with Nader included. The "Kerry bounce" has been wiped out...SBVT needs to finish him off before November!

I also was talking with my father (no fan of Bush and a PA voter) this weekend, and he still seems to be still convinced that Kerry's 1971 testimony was true. Could the SBVT run an ad to document the fact that Kerry's charges have since been discredited, and that Kerry misled the American people, rather than blowing the whistle on something true?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it the more I remember the helicopters evacuating from the US Embassy in Siagon. I still remember watching during real news times as the last helicopter lifted off and the thousands of people trying to scramble onto the roof, grabbing for the helicopter.

John Kerry testified that only 3,000 would need evacuated.

Do we want a replay of that scene in Afghanastan or Iraq?

John Kerry wrong in 1971, wrong today.... wrong tomorrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: