SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

start of rough draft of Kerry article...take a gander please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: start of rough draft of Kerry article...take a gander please Reply with quote

On July 30, 2004, John Kerry ‘reported for duty’ at the Democratic National Convention. A self-proclaimed war hero, he has ignored 19 years of service as a senator—possibly because he did nothing of substance in those two decades—and instead put forth an image of a world-weary veteran who knows the face of war and will do better to serve our troops than the current administration. This article won’t bother to attack the particulars of his service, mainly because the Swift Boat Vets for Truth are doing such an outstanding job for us; instead, it will focus on his actions after he returned home, and especially his actions as head of the one senate committee he ever held a leadership position in.

What is known about John Kerry’s political actions is that they started almost immediately upon his return to the United States. As the spokesman of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, he was perhaps the most powerful firebrand in the entire anti-war protesting community. It was he who first used the word ‘baby killers’ to describe returning vets and it was he and his group that mocked the uniform and the people as they returned home from a year or more (many times his 4 months in country) on the thin red line. A recent research finding by Yale University researchers has directly implicated Kerry and his other fellow protesters in the sharp rise in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms in returning Vietnam veterans, believing that the lack of a sense of community and patriotism brought to bear by protesters was not an amenable environment to men who have seen the ravages of battle.

We also know that in 1971, Kerry, as a private citizen, traveled to Paris in order to hold peace negotiations with the North Vietnamese government, an act that undermined the government’s authority, and as such qualifies as a treasonous act. That same year, FBI files show that Kerry attended a VVAW meeting where a vote was taken on whether or not to assassinate several pro-war senators. But that’s ok, his campaign now tells us, because even though he was a part of such an organization, he voted not to assassinate these men. I’m definitely breathing a sigh of relief right now.

(start the POW/MIA stuff)

comments and criticisms appreciated....diving into the POW stuff right now, expect that part of the article to be twice or three times what you see here
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I’m definitely breathing a sigh of relief right now.

Wink :::snicker:::

Good start and good luck putting all that POW/MIA stuff together.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's starting to come together, just reading and rereading everything, getting my timeline done, hopefully tommorrow afternoon i'll have a finished rough draft.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one correction that I would make. He was not a private citizen when he went to Paris, he was a Commisioned Naval Officer. Officers do not Discharge like Enlisted soldiers do, it is a life long commitment or until their commision is revoked or retired. They are just released from active duty to the active reserves or inactive reserves. Like the 65 year old internal medicine doctor who was reactivated for Gulf #1 to work on the USS Mercy Hospital ship. I think that is the right ship. Semper Fi.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent start, I appreciate that it explains why he is incapable of leading our present forces, we can't escape our past!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: