SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A letter to Molly Ivans. w/link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GroundChuck
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: A letter to Molly Ivans. w/link Reply with quote

http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv

Dear Molly
Such a sweet smile you have. When you wrote that the swift boat vets are liars, were you smiling like that? Is that really you as it's deceiving by your words. But you're not deceptive, are you? I know a lady with a nice smile. As soon as she opens her mouth it blows the whole image. And so it goes.

I really do see how you could not understand Honor. You have none. No really. You remind me so much of your twin --are you Siamese?-- Pitbull Carville shouting down O'Neil. When all arguments are lost, hit the table. When it becomes futile, use both fists. Guess what sweetie, they aren't surrendering and they aren't going away because they paid the PRICE for your freedom that you abuse to write your trash. And America, the real America gravitates to the truth.

Truth, and Honor. What novel idea's. Maybe your 'john' (nothing to do with the pimping trade, but it did come to mind) could release the other 94 pages of his unreleased military record that heretofore remains unreleased. George Bush released his and had them picked over by your ilk with a fine tooth comb, and you found nothing.

Speaking of teeth. Isn't trying to make dental records incriminating, kind of embarrassing? I mean, even for you?

Allow me to offer you some prophetic advice since your man kerry is going down, and down he is going. Concede defeat, and all who understand 'HONOR' --I really can't speak for all, as your man kerry did, when he called them all rapist's and murderers, much to the communists delight. Strange why he wasn't tried for treason instead of now running for CIC. ps, the kids in Iraq want Bush-- will allow you to leave while holding the door for you. Even though we do have principled dignity, we still possess compassion, and even tolerance. But NOT ON THIS STAND, sweety.

You could write a piece in concession titled:

'The real Hero's of Vietnam'. Or something with a little more bite, matching your out of control tongue (misguided devotion?):

'Vindication finally for traitorous activity by kerry and fonda, the REAL hero's find peace after 30 years.'; or

'Redemption of Vietnam'; betrayal of Vets finally acknowledged by real Americans."

Go for it. I know you will think of something in that little head with the sweet smile. *grin* Thank you so much.

Chuck Fetter
Willard, Ohio
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a slight resemblence, yes?
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivins is queen of the ABB crowd. She just writes in a ultraleft stream of unconciousness mode, and anyone in the way of her liberal screed will be run over with no remorse.

She is a mean spirited, hateful, bitter old woman much like Helen Thomas, unapologetic critics of anything to the right of Stalin, particularly if it is named Bush.

Naturally, she is obligated to jump onto the sinking Kerry Swiftboat, because he is a Democrat and nothing else (pun intended).

Let her sink with him.

Don't expect her to do any background research or even mention anything to do with an honest appraisal of the Swiftee criticisms of Kerry.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local newspaper runs her column with a photo that must be 20 or 30 years old. I saw her on O'Reilly (??) and couldn't believe it was the same person.

I can't stand her. Don't usually read her column.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, great letter you wrote!! Probably falling on deaf ears with her, but this is the type of thing people need to do! Do not just let the Media go on the offensive for kerry regardless of truth!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a draft of a letter I plan to send to my local paper, which ran that disgusting Ivan's column. Comments?

----------------

Ms. Ivins is certainly an expert on lies since she managed to recount several whoppers in her August 27 column. Or maybe she's just so accustomed to living in a world of lies that she doesn't recognize the truth when she sees it.

First, Ms. Ivins lies about the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth by referring to them as the Swift Boat Liars. However, the facts belie her label since nothing the Swiftees have alleged has been disproved, while several of their claims have already been proved and even more evidence is being gathered to support others.

Ms. Ivins claims that the Swiftvets have lied when they said that their organization has no ties to the Bush-Cheney campaign. She uses as evidence the fact that Benjamin Ginsberg had served as the lawyer for both the Swiftvets and the Bush-Cheney campaign. Never mind that an ethical attorney would be prevented from discussing one client's business with another client or that Robert Bauer is both the top legal counsel for the Kerry campaign and for America Coming Together and Joseph Sandler is a lawyer for both the Democratic National Committee and MoveOn.org. Remember that 527s are required by law to be independent.

So far, the Kerry camp has admitted that John Kerry was not in Cambodia Christmas 1968. Mr. Kerry's diary indicates that he wasn't in Cambodia at all. The Cambodia story wouldn't be important if Mr. Kerry hadn't claimed that this episode was a life-changing event that was seared, seared into his memory. It turns out that this life-changing event was pure fiction.

The Kerry campaign is also backing off Mr. Kerry's first purple heart. It appears that the Swiftees' assertion that there was no enemy fire when Mr. Kerry "earned" his first purple heart is true, which means that he should not have been awarded that first purple heart and shouldn't have gone home when he did.

There's mounting evidence that the Rassmann rescue was not the heroic event Mr. Kerry and Mr. Rassmann have portrayed it to be. They've each told several different versions of the story, none of which match the accounts told by others who were there that day. Mr. Kerry claimed that all the boats left and his came back. The truth is that Mr. Kerry's boat is the only one that left the scene, and another boat was within a few yards of Mr. Rassman when Mr. Kerry pulled Mr. Rassman out of the water.

The documentation for the above is available at www.swiftvets.com, where there are ongoing discussions and research on various assertions in Unfit for Command. So far, the evidence points to the Swiftees being the truthful ones.

As for President Bush's National Guard Service, www.aerospace.org sheds some light on some of the questions Ms. Ivins asked. In 1972, the Vietnam war was winding down. The jet that Mr. Bush flew was being phased out and his service was nearing an end. There were more pilots than there were slots for pilots. It made no sense for Mr. Bush to train in a different plane and if he wasn't going to be flying any longer, there was no reason for him to take his annual physical.

According to information I read recently, slots in the Texas Air National Guard were coveted, as Ms. Ivins states. However, slots for fighter pilots were not because training as a pilot required a one-year full-time commitment, which Mr. Bush was willing to make but most weren't.

Ms. Ivins claims that Bush's Guard records were lost. However, the Pentagon found and released those records in July, before the Democratic convention. An article on ABCnews.com dated July 23 discusses this. Ms. Ivins' either lied about this or didn't bother to do her homework.

Ms. Ivins should take a lesson from Paul Harvey and learn to tell the rest of the story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: