SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Almost more important than Kerry's fraud:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Almost more important than Kerry's fraud: Reply with quote

Something very precious is coming out of this whole controversy, more important than Kerry's fraud.

I remember the Vietnam years as a regular female civilian.

This is the first time I've heard what incredible bravery our troops showed in that war. It's also the first time I've heard that our troops in Vietnam showed decency and kindness to the civilians they enountered.

It's been a moving and amazing experience. Up until now, most of the stories out of Vietnam have been total products of the Anti War movement.

Thankyou so much for coming forward. It is past time to hear the truth about that war.

Tilly
MG
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: You Are Right! Reply with quote

I took a class at college about the Vietnam War, and most of the books were about the anti-war movement. I had to do an oral report for the class, and I found a GREAT topic: War Dogs. I bought the book and video. It was such a moving experience for me. Shame on our nation for only discussing the dark side of the Vietnam War! The men that handled the dogs told their stories, and I, like you, realized what a disservice our Vietnam vets have endured by negative attitudes and comments. Swiftees to the Rescue! Keep the stories coming!! Very Happy
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Service performed by Swiftees Reply with quote

The Swiftees have performed a great service by confronting Kerry with this past, and standing up to the Kerry campaign spinmeisters, aided sadly by Sen. John McCain's dismissal of their legitimate effort to get the truth out.

This so called wound had to be re-opened, and if Kerry is defeated, maybe then it will finally begin to heal. To the liberal Dems and their far-left allies to tell us that Vietnam was 30 to 35 years ago, and old wounds shouldn't be opened, I say: Kerry and the VVAW radicals created those wounds to begin with, with their defamation and lies.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: