SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ann Coulter was on FOX NEWS at 10:55
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Ann Coulter was on FOX NEWS at 10:55 Reply with quote

I too am a big supporter of Ann Coulter but I would have liked to see a Kerry campaign reprensentative debating her rather than Estrich - her role with Dukasis is history and no longer current.

JK
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann is a great debater, She does her homework and does not let the talking heads shout her down. She is always armed with facts and presents them in a logical manner. The way they always try to deal with Ann is to gang up on her because they know that is there only chance. You would think the Dem's would like an intelligent,opinionated,Woman and she is much better looking than Ostrich hatchet face Very Happy
chemung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Didn't see the show but Reply with quote

Didn't see the show but I did listin to the mp3. Thanks.

I heard Estrich call Bush a draft doger. The gloves are coming off. Boy did Estrich do all National Guards personel a disservice. I always thought the draft dogers went to Canada?

Al
bugman29102
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: My name is JOHN KERRY , reporting for duty!! Reply with quote

I, John F. Kerry served in Vietnam. While there I faked my first of three purple hearts. It was important that I receive three purple hearts quickly so I could return to the States.After returning to the States I proceeded to denounce my Country and my fellow Servicemen. I called them liars, murderers, and user of drugs. I said they cut off heads, burned villages and raped the women. I joined the VVAW group, anti -American, anti- vietnam war group.We held secret meetings with the North Vietnam Communist Government and supported their cause. I was " honored" by this communist government by having my picture hung is their museum ( in HANOI)honoring those who were most responsible for defeating America.I could go on and on about my pro North Vietnam and anti- American positions but you should get the picture by now.
I hope, by using the Liberal News Media as a shield, to hide my past and depend on the radical wing of the democrats party to push me into the White House. If I can fool enough moderates and silence the opposition through lies and lawsuits my goal can be accomplished.
Yes, I am a war hero, in North Vietnam that is.Let us see if we can Fool the Citizens again and scare the opposition enough to capture this Nation.
Now reporting for duty!!
In my opinion the above would be a valid accounting of John F. Kerrys' past IF he were to TELL THE TRUTH!! Will THE REAL John Kerry PLEASE STAND UP!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen the Real John Kerry. He slinks up all the time. If you expect anything different, you're going to be sadly dissappointed, I'm afraid.
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Stop Geraldo from using the troops as a prop Reply with quote

Geraldo has stood in front of troops in Afganistan and Iraq and used them as a prop to further his career at Fox. Now, in the comfort of the studio he shows disdain and disrespect for a group of Navy veterans and POWs who selflessly fought and bled for our freedom. He does not defend the rights of those who once defended his. It is obvious to me he has not one ounce of respect for former members of the military ergo he must not in his heart of hearts respect the current members of the military. If he respected veterans he could never quickly dismiss any group of them, regardless of what they say or do. As one with multiple family members currently serving in Afganistan it has crossed my mind to raise objections from both the families and the serviceman themselves to Geraldo ever again being able to visit the battlefield and shamelessly showboat.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagdad john (and his people) keeps talking about Bush's service in the Nat'l Guard as if he DID go to Canada or Europe (Clinton) - that's disgusting to me.... they serve our country also.... many are in the war now.... The dems really slam the Guard. They should be slammed back for that - maybe that's a job for Ann. I think she's the one to dig up and bring out Bagdad john's deferment request and denial....
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My name is JOHN KERRY , reporting for duty!! Reply with quote

bugman29102 wrote:
I, John F. Kerry served in Vietnam. While there I faked three purple hearts.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let's stick to the facts here. There will be no gossip mongering around here. No lies. No exaggerations. And we should never say anything we can't confirm.

That being said, he only faked two purple hearts.

There is no convincing evidence that he faked the third (2nd, chronologically). While there is no convincing evidence that he earned it either, the point is we don't know.

So please, from this point further, stick to the facts. He may have earned one of those purple hearts. Maybe.

In baseball, a .333 average would be stellar, so it's all in the context.

Oh, wait. I think I misquoted you. Never mind.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie - You are so right. This persistent denigration of the National Guard and Reserves in intolerable. GWB flew a fighter jet, the F-102, that had a tendency to crash. His unit could have been called up, but maybe the military brass didn't want to risk the son of the Ambassador to the UN being captured and used for propaganda purposes. In any event, GWB risked his life in the service of his country.

I believe people need to start HAMMERING members of the KKK, aka the Kerry Kool-Aid Kamp, whenever they claim that members of the Guard and Reserve were "draft dodgers", such as Susan Estrich did last night on "Geraldo". Comparing the flying of fighter jets with fleeing to England, like Clinton did, is outrageous, disingenuous, and typical liberal ca-ca.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markasass wrote:
Stevie - You are so right. This persistent denigration of the National Guard and Reserves in intolerable. GWB flew a fighter jet, the F-102, that had a tendency to crash. His unit could have been called up, but maybe the military brass didn't want to risk the son of the Ambassador to the UN being captured and used for propaganda purposes. In any event, GWB risked his life in the service of his country.

The guys that know the F-102 assure me its PROBLEMS are the reason is wasn't sent to Vietnam and was given to the NG for Continental Defense which may seem like not much but summon says that Russian pilots did probe us from Cuba (height of the cold war and all that.)

Turns out the F-102 is not only known as a widowmaker it had a design flaw that made almost all of them incapable of Mach 1 (something like 80%) and the others only slightly faster.

Also it was not a bomber -- if you could send it against the Mig fighters and it couldn't bomb, it had no real use in Vietnam and so it flew southern air defense. They weren't about to retrain a bunch of NG guys half way through their enlistment.

It is technically impossible to be AWOL from the Guard when not activated for Federal service.

If you don't show up you don't fulfill you requirement or you make it up.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it had a design flaw that made almost all of them incapable of Mach 1 (something like 80%) and the others only slightly faster. "

Yes, after the F-102 was built the "area rule" design for supersonic aircraft was discovered. The F-102 was modified into the F-106 Delta Dart by incorporating an area ruled fuselage, and it broke the sound barrier easily. It wasn't so much a "design flaw" as ignorance about the root cause of supersonic drag.
"Also it was not a bomber -- if you could send it against the Mig fighters and it couldn't bomb, it had no real use in Vietnam and so it flew southern air defense."
True, it's more trouble than it's worth to deploy an air-defense-only fighter to SEA when the F-4 or F-8 could be configured to do the same job. We had 4 air defense alert aircraft at our base in Thailand all the time I was there, sitting on the alert pad. They were more capable than F-102's, carrying 3 Sparrows, 4 sidewinders, an ECM pod and a 20mm Vulcan gun system. A 2 man crew makes an intercept a lot easier, too.
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Texas Air Guard in Vietnam Reply with quote

It is my understanding from information elsewhere that at the time George Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard they actually had a program where members of the unit rotated through three months assignment in Vietnam. If I am correct, from 1968 to 1970 his unit continuously had an average of two pilots in the Vietnam theater doing combat support missions as part of a program named “Palace Alert Southeast Asia” and that after a conversation with a friend in the guard he went to the unit head and volunteered for the program, ie to be sent to Vietnam for three months. He was turned down because at the time he was still short of enough flying hours to go, plus the program was due to be phased out soon and they had enough volunteers for the program.
Since George Bush joined the Air National Guard in 1968 and his unit had pilots rotating through Vietnam at that time he certainly would have been aware of that fact and not seen joining the Texas Air National Guard as a completely safe haven. Plus he certainly would have been aware other Air National Guard units had already been deployed to Vietnam and there was never any guarantee that his would not be called as well. I grew up in Iowa and the Iowa Air National Guard was redeployed to Viet Nam from January 26, 1968 to May 28, 1969, where they flew over 6,500 close air support and bombing/strafing missions from their base at Phu Cat, and individuals were awarded 12 Silver Stars, 35 Distinguished Flying Crosses and 30 Bronze Stars – the point being that joining the Air National Guard at the time George Bush did could have sent you directly to heavy combat in Vietnam. It would be interesting to know how many different Air National Guard units did have time in Vietnam. I hope I have my facts correct - if not I welcome corrections.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Texas Air Guard in Vietnam Reply with quote

rmeals wrote:
It is my understanding from information elsewhere that at the time George Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard they actually had a program where members of the unit rotated through three months assignment in Vietnam. If I am correct, from 1968 to 1970 his unit continuously had an average of two pilots in the Vietnam theater doing combat support missions as part of a program named “Palace Alert Southeast Asia” and that after a conversation with a friend in the guard he went to the unit head and volunteered for the program, ie to be sent to Vietnam for three months. He was turned down because at the time he was still short of enough flying hours to go, plus the program was due to be phased out soon and they had enough volunteers for the program.
Since George Bush joined the Air National Guard in 1968 and his unit had pilots rotating through Vietnam at that time he certainly would have been aware of that fact and not seen joining the Texas Air National Guard as a completely safe haven. Plus he certainly would have been aware other Air National Guard units had already been deployed to Vietnam and there was never any guarantee that his would not be called as well. I grew up in Iowa and the Iowa Air National Guard was redeployed to Viet Nam from January 26, 1968 to May 28, 1969, where they flew over 6,500 close air support and bombing/strafing missions from their base at Phu Cat, and individuals were awarded 12 Silver Stars, 35 Distinguished Flying Crosses and 30 Bronze Stars – the point being that joining the Air National Guard at the time George Bush did could have sent you directly to heavy combat in Vietnam. It would be interesting to know how many different Air National Guard units did have time in Vietnam. I hope I have my facts correct - if not I welcome corrections.

It would be terrific if the SVBTs can nail down the specifics of GWB's service in the Texas Air National Guard. I'd love a "Talking Points" list, at-the-ready, in order to be able to clearly and concisely rebut the "Kerry volunteered for combat, Bush dodged the draft" nonsense.

What's been presented so far is terrific, but I'd like more definitive information on the courage it took to fly the F-102, on how the "Palace Alert SE Asia" program could have resulted in GWB flying combat missions in Vietnam, and what were the figures for the Texas ANG as compared to the Iowa ANG figures previously mentioned.

It would be great to have a side-by-side comparison to use, e.g., GWB and Kerry both volunteered for Guard duty, Kerry originally sought another deferment to France, Kerry originally thought he would not see any combat, GWB volunteered for the "Palace Alert" program, which could have resulted in him flying combat missions, etc. Primary source documentation and references would be great, too, to go along with a "check list" of this type.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Texas Air Guard in Vietnam Reply with quote

markasass wrote:

It would be terrific if the SVBTs can nail down the specifics of GWB's service in the Texas Air National Guard. I'd love a "Talking Points" list, at-the-ready, in order to be able to clearly and concisely rebut the "Kerry volunteered for combat, Bush dodged the draft" nonsense.

What's been presented so far is terrific, but I'd like more definitive information on the courage it took to fly the F-102, on how the "Palace Alert SE Asia" program could have resulted in GWB flying combat missions in Vietnam, and what were the figures for the Texas ANG as compared to the Iowa ANG figures previously mentioned.

This site and the SwiftVets in general are not really campaigners for or defenders of GWB -- obviously he has to win for Kerry to lose but their goal is to ensure the American people know the truth about Kerry.

There are plenty of places on the web that can provide all or part of what you wish -- F-102s etc -- that is how I found it.

Just search Google: web, news, and groups and you should find more than you can read in a week that is valuable.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Herb, for getting me back "on target", i.e., to assist the SBVT's effort to ensure the American people know the truth about Kerry.

I've been getting distracted with the folks not supporting the SBVTs, e.g., Geraldo Riviera, Bill O'Reilly, John McCain, and John Glenn, to name a few, but I will re-dedicate and re-focus my efforts on the tactical and strategic goals and objectives of the SBVTs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: