SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBVT cause “stunning swing”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: SBVT cause “stunning swing” Reply with quote

From NY Post Online: Swift Boat Veterans for Truth — the anti-Kerry group whose TV attack ads have rocked his campaign — yesterday called on the Democrat to apologize for 1970s remarks painting fellow vets as war criminals, saying he "aided the enemy."

Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton shot back that the Swift Vets have been "totally discredited."

But Team Kerry made a big announcement of a shakeup in its press staff, bringing in Clinton spokesman Joe Lockhart and a new war-room chief, in what many saw as a bid to reassure jittery supporters.

In just two weeks since the Swift Vets flap erupted, Kerry has gone from leading President Bush by 116 electoral votes to trailing by 38 — a stunning swing of 154, said GOP pollster Tony Fabrizio.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton shot back that the Swift Vets have been "totally discredited."

Really? So Kerry WAS in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968? He really was under fire before he was under fire at the 1st Purple Heart event? He really was in command of PCF-94 on 29 Jan 69? He really did stay to save Rassmann while all the other boats fled on 13 March 69?

These events proven false and acknowledged by the Kerry campaign have been "totally discredited"? Did I miss where this happened?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it has been said many times here before, we cannot afford to become complacent in our success here, i.e. becoming fat, dumb and happy, and losing our momentum. I have seen it many times before. We let up, and the rug ends up being pulled from under our feet.

The prize is in sight, 60 days away. The prize, i.e. the final defeat and humiliation of JFK, is worth it, it's the final victory and we have to stay the course until then.

JFK's bringing in more Clintonistas is an indication that he does not intend to give up. It's going to be tough, but we have to be stronger and persistent.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still 2 months away from election, polls dont decide elections and Bush could still make another badly worded comment like "we cant win". That was taken out of context but it still damaging. The efforts against Kerry need to be tripled.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it all depends on the meaning of the words "totally" and "discredited," doesn't it? LOL!

The real truth is that Kerry has not released a single useful document from his cache of unreleased military records to refute a single allegation! I am sure that would do it. Don't you agree, Chad?

I am sure that Kerry's big staff shakeup is to "increase diversity" in its ranks!

I think Chad is going to have a breakdown soon. I hope he doesn't manifest this by becoming a human hanging chad! (the devil made me do it!)
Jack Lewis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I never could understand the logic behind pissing off a bunch of people with intensive training in combat, who are willing to give their lives. The Japanese use a 500 year old Samurai manual for application to business, and succeeded to soundly thrash us in what we Americans thought was one of our best talents -- capitalism. The SwiftVets have had decades to apply their experiences, dedication and drive into civilian applications, which now includes politics. Kerry and most of the DNC just never seem to get the military, do they.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for telling the country the truth about Kerry. We knew about after the war now we know the real story
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that John O'Neill is more of the Sun Tsu school. Where Mushashi advocates crushing your enemy, Sun Tsu says to leave your enemy an out.

That letter sent to Kerry is a prime example.

However, both books are absolutely required reading. I doubt Kerry has read either.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will never admit he was WRONG
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say -- crush John Kerry.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: pissing off a bunch of people Reply with quote

Jack says: “I never could understand the logic behind pissing off a bunch of people…”

Arrogance, IMHO.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I say -- crush John Kerry.

Ah, I meant The Art of War says that. Not YOU.

Nice to see you posting, even after almost 2500 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: