SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arizona - Not a single copy anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Arizona - Not a single copy anywhere Reply with quote

I don't think (at least from what I can find) that there is a copy of Unfit for Command in the whole state of Arizona.
I have it on order in three bookstores in Prescott, including Barnes & N, Hastings Superstore, and have been waiting 2 weeks and nothing. For the guys saying "They say it will be in at the end of the week" well I have been hearing that for going on 3 weeks now.. so don't hold your breath.
I was listening to 550 KFYI out of Phoenix today (huge talk radio station that covers the whole state and parts of Southern Calif). They had a public outing of all their jocks (they call it a Smackdown) which they do on a monthly basis. They hold it at a big venue and invite the public and all their radio personailties participate. All the audience could talk about is that the book is NOWHERE. People have scoured every bookstore in Arizona and can not find a copy. Amazon is quoting "usually ships in 7 days".. yeah.. right.
When I went to B & N they acted as if they could have cared less. THE BOOK IS #1 on the best seller list and they just say "sorry, can't get it from the publisher". Is this true or BS.
I am starting to think there is something very wrong going on here. Are these publishers in business or are they idiots.. For crying out loud, how hard can it be to print a book if that is the business you are in.
There are people out here begging for the book and everybody at the bookstores just shrugs and looks like a deer in the headlights when you ask for it. Hasting Superstore has told me they have had 200 copies on order (and this is a small town) for weeks and haven't gotten a single one.
WHAT GIVES ? Does ANYONE know.

(ps).. I just sent a copy of this same email direct to 3 email addresses at the Publishers web site.. I'm getting tired of this crap. Is this still America or what, can't even get a book anymore. But then again, it's probably being printed in China or India like everything else today and the Publisher is waiting for the boat to dock.

RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the publisher's update thread at the very top of the forum - the publisher just simply did not forsee that this would be the HUGE seller that it was.

Hang in there - they're on the way!
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ordered our copy from Borders in AZ. When we checked in after a few days we were told we were # 10 on the list and they weren't sure how many copies they would receive.

After ten days, we were notified and picked up our copy.They received a total of 20 copies. They were all sold and did not even make it to the shelf.

How about setting up a thread for those who might be willing to exchange or loan the book if they can't find a copy.

ondryland
Thanks to all of you for all you have done
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ondryland wrote:
We ordered our copy from Borders in AZ. When we checked in after a few days we were told we were # 10 on the list and they weren't sure how many copies they would receive.

After ten days, we were notified and picked up our copy.They received a total of 20 copies. They were all sold and did not even make it to the shelf.

Isn't that unbelieveable.. supposedly there are 650,000 copies floating around out there somewhere and Borders got 20 copies.. after all this time.
Let's give them the benefit, let's say there are only 500,000 copies out there. 50 states divided into 500,000 copies adds up to 10,000 copies per state. I CAN NOT find one copy in the whole state of Arizona still and I posted my first post on this issue weeks ago. Not counting the fact that I drove all the way to Phoenix from Prescott last Saturday and went to several Borders and NOT A COPY TO BE HAD.. anywhere !!!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON GUYS !!!

RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you order from BooksAMillion.com, you'll probably have it in a week.

If you are retired or active military or otherwise entitled to shop the AAFES.com site, go through the CentricMall link and you'll get the Millionaires' discount.

If you order $25 or more, enter FREESHIP25 in the "coupon" space in the checkout page and you'll get free shipping.

Plus a percentage of AAFES sales go to MWR.
LaRae
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got confirmation from Amazon they shipped UFC today, and I ordered it on 8/29, so they must have gotten a new shipment in!

LaRae
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: