SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real hero's don't talk much

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobp
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Real hero's don't talk much Reply with quote

Real hero's (and there are many but I don't believe Kerry is one of them) don't want to talk about it and most will tell you they really don't remember much about the situation that made them a hero.

bobp

BP
rcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Service isn't about self Reply with quote

I agree 100% with the above post. My grandfather and his brother both served in the Navy in WWII. I didn't hear either of them ever say one thing about the war until just a few months before he past away. My grandfather was a great man, and yet he was probably the most humble man I know. For him, as I believe it is for most in the military, he felt it his duty to serve the great country we live in, and that the small role he play was a part of a bigger picture. He never bragged about his time overseas, but I never felt more honored to know this great man when they gave the 21 gun salute at his burial.

I am in my thirties and don't have any idea what it is like for those fighting for their lives to defend America and the freedom we enjoy, but I can tell you that I have the upmost respect and honor for these vets.

God bless you all and God bless America Laughing
retreadhiker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are dead on Bobp.
The Chinese have a saying..."Those who speak do not know. Those who know do not speak."
I say again...John Kerry would'nt make the pimple on a real sailors ass.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: