SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I (USED TO) disagree with SBVFT's tactics....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: I (USED TO) disagree with SBVFT's tactics.... Reply with quote

Any man or woman who went to Vietnam is a hero to me. They always have been. My admiration for Vietnam veterans was the inspiration I needed to join the Army myself (1987 - 1994). The fact that John Kerry went to Vietnam makes him a hero in my eyes.

I disagree with people attacking Kerry for his actions during that war. At least he was there, right? If you want to attack him, I wish you would wear him out over his post-war treachery instead.

No, I'm not a Kerry supporter. I'm die-hard Bush to the bone and donate $50 per month to the RNC. I just feel that you're attacking Kerry at the wrong angle.

Further, no, I'm not a war veteran, but it's not from lack of trying! I was in the Army Reserves when Desert Shield kicked off. I immediately went to an active duty recruiter and volunteered for a 4 year active duty stint so I could make the big show in the sand. Instead, I was sent to Fort Hood where I was stuck on a vehicle checkpoint for the duration of the war. Sad The funny part of all this? My reserve unit went!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Survivor of the Dept. of Homeland Security COBRATF Live Agent facility (HUAH!)

Last edited by TexasCop on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too feel that all the veterans that came before me are heroes, and i would never slight someones service to their country.

However, John Kerry made his 4 months in Viet Nam the cornerstone of his campaign, thereby opening up his military record to close scrutiny. Had John kerry used his time as Lt Governor and Senator and ran on his voting record, instead of his "Viet Nam experience, it is doubtful that it would have been questioned so strongly.

The reason he used is military experience, is that he knew he could not win on his voting record. John kerry was and still is the most liberal senator in the United States.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I salute your patriotism and your service. I'd really recommend reading through the post on this site to get a better feel for what this is all about. At least for me his twisting of the facts and his outright lies about his service as well as what he did afterwards to his fellow vetrans shows the mans charactor and I also believe not coming out with the truth about him would be an insult to the true patriots of that time who gave life and limb while doing their duty for their country.
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand that, but wouldn't it have been just as effective to strictly attack the fact that he tossed his medals onto the Capitol lawn? In 1971 when he began running his mouth off and doing stupid crap like that, he became free game for his actions.

Besides, what did he do in Vietnam that's all that different from other officers? Officers have always padded their records to beef up their commendation counts for future promotions. The stories I heard from colleagues coming back from Desert Storm blew my mind. I'm sure it's still going on in Iraq today.

Now, to be fair, I know not ALL officers do this. Quite a few have the honor and integrity NOT to pad their commendations, but the ones who do create that negative stigma for them all.
Survivor of the Dept. of Homeland Security COBRATF Live Agent facility (HUAH!)
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

TexasCop. The swift boats here were there and in a unique way can and should speak their mind on this subject. After all the medals he "Threw" over the fence were the ones they are disputing. He sullied those medals and should be held accountable. The same medals that he now wears all of a sudden proudly.

They have and will again show his treacherous conduct after the war. Maybe you haven't seen the newer ads. There are links on this site to them. Please do a search for em and watch em. Also it is a must to take some time and read the postings here to better understand the reasons and actions they are deploying.

It seems that you are new and I also feel uncomfortable attacking anyway combat vet as I only served in the 80's and hold combat vets in extremely high exteem. These men though have more than earned the right to exprees their right to freedom of speech. After much poring over the postings and going to other links It has been much clearer that the course of action has been proper and honorable.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Cop, John Kerry has told lie after lie about his time in Vietnam, he has retracted many things in his accounting of Events there. (Because of the Truth being told by SBVFT!) He has three different versions of his Silver Star Citation, wich is being looked into now because of SBVFT.
He attended meetings where the Assasination of U.S. Officials was discussed and never notified Law Enforcment.
He went to Paris and negotiated with the enemey of this Nation while still an Officer in the U.S. Navy in direct violation of U.S. Law.
He sat in front of the Senate and spewed lie after lie about his and others actions in Vietnam, painting the entire Military as abunch of Rapist, murderers and monsters while our men rotted in the Hanoi Hilton and other POW Camps!
The SBVFT are going at this int the right way, because they have the Truth on their side.
This is about a man who wants to be our CiC and has made his case for election based on his time in Vietnam! Therefore the American People Deserve to know just what it was he did or did not do!
blackbear5
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Kerry service Reply with quote

no one denies Kerry went to VN. I commend him for his service. He went!! That is the bottom line.

However, I will never agree with what he did upon his return (or forgive him--unless he apologizes for what he did). He went and testified before congress (under oath) that war crimes were a common occurance during Viet Nam. He did that for personal political gain--nothing more. He caused furher casualites by his actions. The military never lost a major battle in Viet Nam. We lost popular support because of the actions of men like John Kerry. How many more casualites were caused by this type of action?

Again--I praise his service but have nothing but contempt for his actions upon his return.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt that happens and shouldn't, but this guy basically gave himself (yes himself, from everything people have been able to find out he wrote the spot reports that lead to his getting his medals) 5 medals in 4 1/2 months all of which are questionable and has been using those medals ever since to portray himself as war hero when he was nothing of the sort. Because he's made vietnam service the center of his camaign I think people have every right to question that service. If he wants to stop the questioning then he should sign a SF 108 and release all of his records and prove the accusations against him to be false.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that you would honor Kerry and consider him as a hero because he is a veteran.
Benedict Arnold was a veteran also.
Would you extend the same consideration to him.
greenjeans
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: MADE UP AWARDS IF A COP DID IT YOU WOULD BE FIRED!!! Reply with quote

JOHN KERRY SEEMS TO HAVE ADDED MEDALS AND AWARDS TO HIS RECORD (PREOID) NO BS!!!!!!
THE NAVY HAS STARTED AN INVESTIGATION.
YOU CAN NOT DO THAT CRAP.
THEIRS A NAVY CAPITAN IN THE BRIG FOR THAT VERY THING, RIGHT NOW!!!

Example:::::
WHILE STATIONED AT TREASURE ISLAND NTC IN SAN FRAN IN 1973 -74. MY ROOM MATE WANTED TO BARROW MY RIBBIONS TO IMPRESS PEOPLE AND GIRLS.

I SAID NO WAY MINE WERE SET FOR INSPECTIONS.

HE WENT TO THE PX AND BOUGHT A PURPLE HEART AND WORE IT OUT THE GATE.

THEN HE TOLD ME THAT WHEN HE RETURNED THEY SALUTED HIM, HE THOUGHT THAT WAS COOL!
SOUNDS LIKE MR KERRY MY FRIEND.
WHY DON'T YOU TRY IT?
IF IT’S SO HARMLESS YOU COULD HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT.

ME NO WAY THE REAL HEROES ARE THE ONES THAT DON'T ASK AND GET THEM!!
NAS Corpus Christi, TX.
R. G. Rankin
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Viet vet does not a President make Reply with quote

If you support Bush,you ought to get with the program. Kerry wants us to make him our leader based on his time spent in Vietnam. If you have all this respect for Viet vets ,why don't you have any questions regarding what he did and said when he came home, Kerry pissed on his brothers in arms. Maybe you don't get what this is about, ever hear the term 'turncoat'?
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Vietnam service Reply with quote

TexasCop—Thanks for your different POV TC—personally, I think it’s a reasonable one.

However, my own POV is that since Kerry made it a major plank of his platform—that his 5 medals/4 months in Vietnam, and the fact that Bush or Cheney never went, makes him more qualified to be CIC—then verifying that service and those medals is a reasonable thing to do, perhaps we even have a responsibility to do so. Certainly the SBVT believed they had a responsibility (not to mention free speech) to reveal what they knew Kerry “was made of.” (Edwards challenged us to ask Kerry’s band of brothers what Kerry “was made of.”)

Nevertheless, even without any evidence from the SBVT, as you point out TC, we know that Kerry falsely and opportunistically accused his fellow vets of “all kinds of atrocities,” claimed that he himself committed the “same kind of atrocities,” and then threw his medals/ribbons away. But now that it’s politically expedient, apparently forgetting his atrocities, he boasts of his four months in Vietnam and his five previously discarded medals … Kerry “reporting for duty,” with his “band of brothers.” That, in and of itself, disqualifies him to be CIC.

USAF 66-70
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TREASON OVERRULES RESPECT FOR SERVICE EVERYTIME !

NO EXCUSES.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Cop. Thanks for your good work. What I believe is Kerry never went to Vietnam to serve but to pad his resume for his future political carreer. This is a guy who has JFK as his hero so you have to understand the whole Navy, SwiftBoat (PT 109) he didnt serve the Navy he used it. A hero would have stayed with his men and finished his tour. There was nothing wrong with him except he had already got what he wanted out of Vietnam and the Navy. He screwed over the Navy and his fellow "band of brothers" and he'd screw over you if he could. It's all about him and he's getting desparate. Semper Fi.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texascop,
While I agree that Kerry's post-Vietnam activities are the more despicable of his actions, I cannot give him a pass based on his "Veteran" status.
To me, a Vietnam Veteran is a soldier who went where he was ordered and did the job he was assigned as well as he could, be he a supply clerk, for his full tour of duty, unless wounded and evacuated.
Had Kerry pulled his full tour, I would agree that examining his awards would be off-base, but he used the three PHs to game the system, getting his own pink butt out of there ASAP.
I see no loyalty to his crew, to his unit, to his service, or to the mission. It seems to have been all about him. There are those who think Kerry's con-job to have been "clever." I am not among them. A Naval officer is supposed to set the example of duty and loyalty for his crew. This is why they are saluted. That's why they get the big bucks.
This question goes directly to Kerry's integrity.
We did not fight from fear of Commissars behind us, nor really from Patriotism (although that may have been why we joined), and I don't ever remember anyone hollering "Onward for Westmorland." We fought because we had a job to do, others were counting on us, and we on them. Letting your buddies down was unthinkable, and many men, bound by this loyalty, died for no better reason. Then again, there IS no better reason.
For me, John Kerry fails this critical test in the most abject, pathetic manner possible.
Now, as then, he is "Unfit for Command."
Redhawk34
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: