SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get Ready
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunr99 wrote:
Too much going on lately. And to think we have 2 more months to go! What more can come out?

If Kerry thinks the Swifties have hit him hard in August, just wait until you see the ammo that (I believe) is coming.

Smile I love seeing this bastard go down Smile
Time to make another donation. Surprised
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:
Kerry will pose as victim

Go ahead and let him. People don't want a victim as President.

That's already part of the reason for Kerry's dropping numbers.
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: converting Reply with quote

Yes,
and we are converting people! Give me that old time religion.... Very Happy

Seriously, what the others said. Kerry painted us ALL with the same brush, everyone that is, except his "band of sycophants".

I've 'converted' at least 2 DEMOCRATS who were 'confused'...and the only 'credibiliy' I had with them, was my 'vietnam vet status'...(One of them at a funeral home tonight, for a brother in law who was Korean Vet.)

DMLambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, live in Mass. and I know what job we have ahead of us. The amount of education we have to do is stupendous. Kerry said that people don't know him yet. Well, it is our job to make sure the DO know him. Inside and out.

Judging from some of the polls repeated here, only 20 some odd per cent of those polled believe that the SBVT are truthful. This is directly due to the smear campaign by the Kerry clones, aided and abetted by a Kerry sympathetic press. We are making headway, but there is a long way to go.

Kerry's postwar "activities" is an as yet untapped resource, which I am sure that O'Neill will go after when the time is right. At that point, we will have McCain on board as well any other holdbacks. His record is irrefutable, and he has been doing his best to cover it up, which is a tacit admission that he knows it will hurt him if it is well known.

We particularly have to educate the young voters, for whom anything before 1985 is ancient history. They are being wildly mislead by the press and the DNC. Trust me, I know (do you know that people in college do not know the Kennedy Chappaquiddick story?), and I will have my work cut out for me on the UMASS Amherst campus, the liberal Mecca of western Mass.!

There can be no letting up until Kerry's concession speech and he is home crying on sugarmomma's shoulder!!

I am writing to every paper, web site, etc that I can, and I encourage others to do so as well. The following is a letter I got published in the highly liberal and misnamed Springfield Sunday Republican (I still can't believe it either!):

Quote:
Why won't Kerry release records on war service?

Regarding a Aug. 15 letter to the editor, "Swift boat accusations latest in smear campaign." I have one question: please indicate exactly what testimony of the over 250 member Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT) is a "lie?"

Please be specific, as I have not heard anyone dispute their allegations with facts, only attacks. Each man has made a sworn statement regarding what he saw in Vietnam, and Sen. John F. Kerry has not addressed a single one. Not one. Not with facts or the release of his full military/medical records from that time. Nothing but defamatory attacks on the SBVT in the press and by Kerry flacks.

On the other hand, one by one, Kerry's stories are coming undone, not the least of which is the infamous "Christmas in Cambodia" story, which Kerry used to defame the United States in his congressional testimony after the war, and which he recently was forced to recant. Of all the "atrocities" and "war crimes" Kerry has testified to, he has offered no evidence, and, ironically, he is the only one that has admitted to actually committing them.

Why didn't he try to stop or report them when they occurred, as was his duty? Why didn't he film the alleged crimes with his 8 mm camera for evidence instead of reenacting his "heroic battles?" Kerry could quickly prove who is telling the truth and who isn't by the filling out and signing the military release form (Form 180) and settling the issue once and for all. But he hasn't, not for the Boston Globe or to honestly address this alleged "smear campaign."

If the SBVT members are lying about him, then why doesn't he sue them for defamation or slander? What is John Kerry afraid of? Could it be the truth? Why is he letting his silence be his answer? The media relentlessly pursued the president for his National Guard records.

Why won't they give equal attention to the allegations of over 250 honorable, decorated veterans who served with Kerry? Why is the media silent on this issue?

Now tell me again, who is smearing who?

Feel free to copy and modify as you see fit for your own use in your local papers.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew asked me to move....I wasn't sure where to put it, please forgive me.

This hurts. I KNOW you all are strong and this probably doesn't bother you too much - it's too be expected. It hurts me though. The pain caused my father-in-law upon his return was torture enough. To learn the WHY of it now, after all these years, disgusts me to the core - that a man (ugh, to use that word for him) was so set on his pres. ambition that he sold out so many young men - then comes now to try and claim his prize and once again use the most disturbing, evil and psychotic tactics...HOW DOES ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY THINK THIS thing IS FIT TO BE PRESIDENT?

He is psychotic and he scares me. But, back to the subject, can't you sue Susan Estrich for this remark?
This is the ugliest, most disgusting and vile thing I have ever seen.

They are frustrated, mostly at the Kerry campaign, for naively believing that just because all the newspapers and news organizations that investigated the charges of the Swift Boat assassins found them to be full of lies and half-truths, they wouldn't take their toll. The word on the street is that Kerry himself was ready to fire back the day the story broke, but that his campaign, believing the charges would blow over if they ignored them, counseled restraint.
PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE SOME KIND OF PUNISHMENT! Freedom of Speech is one thing, but this is clearly out of line!
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale that was a very good letter. Hard to read a letter like that and not consider the fairness of the questions.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, and too bad they keep ignoring letters like that!
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: a Reply with quote

Dragoro wrote:
Im always hearing "we need to keep it up'" or "we need to put more pressure on" but what doesnt make sense to me is, its the swift boat vets that are doing this, not us. People talk as if its us that are part of it when really we are just fans and supporters of them.

Dude, if you're not contributing, blogging and telling your friends what the real deal is... then I don't know what to say.

We're behind the Swifties 100% and we all need to keep the hammer down.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
They are frustrated, mostly at the Kerry campaign, for naively believing that just because all the newspapers and news organizations that investigated the charges of the Swift Boat assassins found them to be full of lies and half-truths, they wouldn't take their toll. The word on the street is that Kerry himself was ready to fire back the day the story broke, but that his campaign, believing the charges would blow over if they ignored them, counseled restraint.

Can someone please explain to me how this is not communist-style crazy stuff?

-- FDL
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Responding to media Reply with quote

In an earlier post I recommended taking out ads in the local paper, especially if they write anti-SBVT editorials/columns. Point out why they are wrong and give web sites to the truth. Make sure you mention the writer's name. State they misstated/ignored the facts. They "love" it when you mention their name.

Can also hand out fliers at malls, markets, etc. with the same info.

Bumper stickers are also good. The moderator may delete this but one of the cheapest bumper sticker printers I have found is Maverick labels.

Another poster mentioned billboards. Also a good idea.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: a Reply with quote

directorblue wrote:
Dragoro wrote:
Im always hearing "we need to keep it up'" or "we need to put more pressure on" but what doesnt make sense to me is, its the swift boat vets that are doing this, not us. People talk as if its us that are part of it when really we are just fans and supporters of them.

Dude, if you're not contributing, blogging and telling your friends what the real deal is... then I don't know what to say.

We're behind the Swifties 100% and we all need to keep the hammer down.

www.dragorosrealm.com

Read the Swift boat editorial under the blog section.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: