SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Next Ad should concern....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: The Next Ad should concern.... Reply with quote

Kerry's Silver Star with Combat V. The ad should focus around the Navy investigating Kerry's medals.

The following info should be used...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips27.html

But according to a U.S. Navy spokesman, "Kerry's record is incorrect. The
Navy has never issued a 'combat V' to anyone for a Silver Star."
Naval regulations do not allow for the use of a "combat V" for the Silver Star, the third-highest decoration the Navy awards. None of the other services has ever granted a Silver Star "combat V," either.

------------

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips28.html

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature. "It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

------------

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40188

1996: Kerry judged false decorations 'very wrong'

Amid questions about one of John Kerry's combat "V" decorations, unearthed remarks by the senator eight years ago reveal he judged an admiral's allegedly false awards as a serious offense that disqualified him from leadership.

After the suicide of Adm. Mike Boorda in 1996, National Review columnist Kate O'Beirne notes Kerry gave his response to two Boston papers.

and...

The Herald described Kerry as among the veterans who said although they would take offense at someone falsely wearing the "V" pin, they couldn't see how it would drive Boorda to suicide.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. Need to stick with easy to verify facts such as these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: