SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Biographer Urges Release of ALL Kerry Military Records
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s little doubt in my mind that, if they are asking for the records to be released, those records have been thoroughly purged.

It’s just like when they needed a 527 ad about Bush’s National Guard service to “denounce”, remarkable, out of the blue, the very next morning, moveon.org was running just such an ad.

Make no mistake about it, the Kerry campaign is in full damage control mode and there is not one world coming from the Kerry campaign that is not part of a larger script that will played out for the media.

I’ve felt right along that allowing the navy to “investigate” Kerry’s navy records was a not only not in the public’s interest but also a huge conflict of interest.

Although, the simple fact that he stalled the release of the records may still be used against him and, of course, all his post-navy antics. Indeed, I am amazed at the sheer number of Americans who are STILL not aware of Mister Kerry’s conduct upon being released from active duty.

So let’s not give up because there is still much ground to be gained. Let’s keep the pressure on him and force him to keep rewriting his script so he comes out looking like an even bigger liar in the end.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I think first of all, he believes himself above having to answer to anyone. I truly believe that his narcissism is pathological/clinical.

He SAID it was all on his web site and we should all just take it for granted that he is speaking the truth.

Second, the harder he is pushed on the release of records, the bigger will be his victory when the records ARE released and (surprise!) nothing is in there that hurts him.

This is, of course, all speculation on my part and strictly my own opinion. But, I think it was very smart that the Swifts have asked that Kerry release not only his service jacket but his journals from his time in the Navy, as well.

I agree with the narcissism and access to the journal and service jacket. However, to believe that all the records have been "cleaned" is pushing the envelope. If the Navy indicated that there is 100 pages and we have seen 6, then I suspect that there is more than enough for the pros on this site to dig up. Kerry is smart but arrogant - a deadly combination when it comes to trying to bluff people who are willing to go "all in".
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Other copies Reply with quote

Wouldn't there be a microfich(sp) of his records?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it would be pretty impossible to "scrub" all of the information from all records. Yes his personal file would be no problem, but everyone has to realize that the there are copies of those records in other departments, and copies of those copies and on and on. Especially after his grandstanding in front of the senate in '71. Just a short list of places that would have copies of everything ( not just his military record ) would be a) FBI b) CIA c) NSA, heck even Nixon's family may still have a copy!

Nope I think HE definatly underestimated this can of worms, and now he can't find a trash bag big enough to stuff them all back into. You just wait he'll think he's got them all cleaned up and get cocky and say something like "Here! here are all my records!" and some clerk somewhere will pipe up and say "But thats not what I have in my copy in our official archives here!"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now see, here's something very interesting in and of itself - the Navy says there are 100 pages in his record.

I was a peacetime, shore-duty airedale with ONE school, ONE duty station, NO awards, three years of active - and my records consisted of a heqq of a lot more than a hundred pages.

There are right now 157 pages available on his web site and we KNOW there are a huge number of documents missing from that collection.

If the Navy's records contain only about a hundred pages, how much MORE incomplete are they than what we're allowed to see on the Kerry site?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:

Nope I think HE definatly underestimated this can of worms, and now he can't find a trash bag big enough to stuff them all back into. You just wait he'll think he's got them all cleaned up and get cocky and say something like "Here! here are all my records!" and some clerk somewhere will pipe up and say "But thats not what I have in my copy in our official archives here!"

I am not much on conspiracy theories.
I believe Kerry "mis-underestimated" the Swift Boat Vets.
If Kerry had thought much of any of you, felt companionship, loyalty, honor, integrity would he have fled ambush scenes when needed, left Nam after 4 months with 3 scratches, dishonored your service in '71, betrayed his entire country.
Nope, my guess is that Kerry has always believed that he was suppose to be POTUS -- the next JFK. Kerry did not think there would be objections after all he was given support during his Senate races -- why would anyone object to his being CIC.

Kerry thought the Bush National Guard service versus his 4 months in Nam would stop anyone from digging further. If things were scrubbed then there would not already be all of these problems with stories ---Christmas in Cambodia, 1st PH, all boats fled.

Now Clinton is telling him to stop talking about Vietnam -- that means that the records are not scrubbed. The Bush National Guard story is front page again today --- means to scare off the weak of heart.

And then the most damning issues -- the 1971 testimony, the meetings in Paris --- that information isn't in military records.

If his records were scrubbed there would not be three citations, there would not be the V with the silver star.

Not that Kerry would not try to scrub his records --- but I do not think he could be that successful at it in the past. Remember Kerry was virtually broke when he met "Mommy T".

Nope I think Kerry has been too busy being the gigilo husband and lazy Senator. I think Kerry is too out of touch with the American people and with the MSM not digging deep and the ABB crowd not caring he would not think it necessary.

The records will really not show that much on their face to the civilian. They will have to be interpreted and frankly most people will see boring military documents and not understand.

But keep up the good work --- because you are sinking Kerry's boat.
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

Let's examine the background of Kerry's refusal to lend his signature to a Form 180.

1) There is mounting and credible (eye-witness) evidence that various incidents during the war were either fabricated or embellished (as outlined in the book _Unfit for Command_ ).

2) Kerry's campaign has repeatedly claimed that all records have been released, but that appears not to be the case ( http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/04/20/kerry_refuses_to_release_more_records?mode=PF ).

3) Lipscomb's report has a Navy spokesman implying that there are at least 94 unreleased pages in Kerry's file ( http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips27.html )

3) Kerry's hagiographer, Brinkley, has publicly stated the Kerry should sign a Form 180 and release his records ( http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/5/132437.shtml )

This all boils down to a simple conclusion, in my opinion. The file has not been scrubbed, otherwise it would have been released to destroy the Swiftvets' claims.

There must be some data in the file that supports the Swiftvets, in my estimation.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo Juliet wrote: "There are right now 157 pages available on his web site and we KNOW there are a huge number of documents missing from that collection. If the Navy's records contain only about a hundred pages, how much MORE incomplete are they than what we're allowed to see on the Kerry site?"

Because the majority of his personnel records aren't held by the Navy. They are held by Archives in St. Louis and elsewhere, discussed at more length in prior posts.

I've wondered about this ever since the Post article. It's entirely possible that all those 100 pages are already on the Kerry website (and were simply not releasable independently to the Post's Michael Dobbs without Kerry's permission), and that the records we really need to see which are still missing from his site - like the after-action report and casualty report for the first PH, and recommendations for all his medals - are with Archives, not the Navy.

Many have opined that's why the campaign keeps saying "we've released all Kerry's Navy records". It may even be true.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take is Brinkley is upset at Kerry for using him for a scapegoat for the 180 and for the lies that Kerry provided him that are thoroughly discrediting Brinkley as a historian.

I would be pissed. I think he is on damage control mode and has passed the buck back to Kerry to sign the forms, so that he can be portrayed as a victim and not someone who knowingly created a piece of fiction.

I think there is a lot of stuff still to be released.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the records are not going to prove anything, then why go after them? Whats the point?
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never forget, "the military never printed less than 25 copies of anything, some got lost, some got destroyed, some were filed the right way and others were filed the "Army Way" (or I guess in this case the "Navy Way"). I wouldn't want to have to bet my life none of these pages will ever "float to the surface".
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna:

You go after them because they may reveal something.

They may reveal nothing. My point is that you don't depend totally on the official records. That is "don't put all your eggs in one basket."

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Time line on lies. Reply with quote

So did little "hero" kerry , after any of his "baby killer TV moments"

talk of his "gun running, cia delivery boy ect work, no not until he

had lied to himself enough that he began to belive the lies, and

these nut case liers also lie to themselfs about their abilty to

"fool everone" they think that no one will catch them, and the

out of focus "spider web" of lies will not fit together.

He him self will begin to "mis fit parts of the lie scheme" he will

never notice nor will he accept that he has been caught in lies

it will be some one other than him that is at fault, he will be like he

is until the demon's who took him to the Dark Side come to take

him away , I just feel sorry for his children , what it must be like

to be comming to know your father lied to you, and caused you to

pass these lies on as the truth, that is one of the most ugly things

he had done, and how will he ever be forgiven that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: