SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannity and Colmes on Fox 9 p.m. eastern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy Kay wrote:
rb325th wrote:
Well one of the Authors made the case this WAS NOT in his view the standard for our Military In Vietnam, that Atrocoties WERE NOT common place and widespread. He also said such claims were a slap in the face of our Vietnam Veterans!
Took the wind right out of Colmes, don't think he asked a single question.

I was so relieved to hear them say that. I think they made it pretty clear that atrocities were not the norm.

A point I haven't made before but will make here now -- Kerry's operatives have dismissed his comments before Congress by saying that he was repeating what others had said. That was true -- he was repeating what others had said. But the point is he was saying what he said to prove the truth of the matters repeated, i.e. that atrocities were being perpetuated by U.S. military.

I'm an attorney. Repeating the statement of another is hearsay and not admissible in court when offered to prove the matter asserted in the statement. But when you read the entirety of Kerry's statement, he wasn't saying "oh, what horrible guys these other vets were because they stated 'they cut off ears, babies' heads" and should be condemned for that" but rather he repeated what he had heard these other vets say to PROVE that the atrocities occurred.

I mention this because, in a debate, that has to be the response. Yes, he was repeating what others had said but he was repeating it to make a point -- that this is what was occurring in Vietnam. In law, a repeated remark that is defamatory makes the repeater just as culpable if they repeat the remark as if it were true.

Am I making sense?

I'm adding this clarification as an edit:

I should have said at the end of this post that the "a repeated remark that is defamatory makes the repeater just as culpable as the original speaker if the defamer repeats the remark as if it were true." I'll try to be a little more clear in the future. Embarassed

I am also an attorney, and let me ratify everything you wrote. In a court of law, Kerry would not have been permitted to testify as he did due to prohibitions on hearsay. But in terms of defamation law, he is culpable for endorsing the slander he passed on by vouching for the merits of the Winter Solider "Hearings"and the vicious lies it promoted about our soldiers and sailors.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: I couldn't believe it !!! Reply with quote

Tonight (Monday) I sat in disbelief as Bob Beckle accused Ollie North of admitting last week on Hannity and Colmes that atrocities were commonplace in Viet Nam.

I saw the episode that Ollie was on and he vehemently denied that any atrocities (in his multiple tours in Nam) ever took place in and around any of the units he was associated with when he was there.

I could not believe my ears as Colmes just went along with the whole accusation. Hannity was not there tonight and the dope guest host sitting in just let it go right over his head.

Colmes is an "a**" and Beckle is a lying Bastard for making those accusations and putting words like those in the mouth of anyone, let alone Ollie North, especially when they aren't there to defend themselves. It was an all out bald faced lie !!!

There are no depths to the lies some of these Liberal attack dogs will go to and I am afraid Kerry's new hired guns (Begalla, Carville and the rest of their slime ball buddies, Colmes included) are just getting warmed up ! Hang on people, the typical liberal Scorched Earth approach to winning will seem like a back yard family BarBeQue by the time this is over.

When I am done here I am writing to Colmes and Ollie North. I could not believe it.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Colmes a couple weeks ago telling him what I felt. Tonight, I emailed Beckel telling him all he is doing with his vehemence is guaranteeing Kerry loses.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tonight (Monday) I sat in disbelief as Bob Beckle accused Ollie North of admitting last week on Hannity and Colmes that atrocities were commonplace in Viet Nam.

I saw the episode that Ollie was on and he vehemently denied that any atrocities (in his multiple tours in Nam) ever took place in and around any of the units he was associated with when he was there.

I could not believe my ears as Colmes just went along with the whole accusation. Hannity was not there tonight and the dope guest host sitting in just let it go right over his head.

Do not fret! I doubt anyone, Republican or Democrat, would ever believe that Ollie North would admit to such an outrageous lie.

Another lie that caught my ears was the part about O'Neill admitting he'd been shot at that day Kerry pulled Rassman out of the river. No one corrected that lie, either. We need Sean!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona wrote:
Kathy Kay wrote:
I should have said at the end of this post that the "a repeated remark that is defamatory makes the repeater just as culpable as the original speaker if the defamer repeats the remark as if it were true." I'll try to be a little more clear in the future. Embarassed

I am also an attorney, and let me ratify everything you wrote. In a court of law, Kerry would not have been permitted to testify as he did due to prohibitions on hearsay. But in terms of defamation law, he is culpable for endorsing the slander he passed on by vouching for the merits of the Winter Solider "Hearings"and the vicious lies it promoted about our soldiers and sailors.

If I may summarize, a lie is a lie, every time it is told, and by everyone who tells it. Statutes of limitation surely hold sway here for the original 71 remarks, but if the lies have been repeated since that time, it may, depending on when they were repeated, be another ball game altogether for any offenders.

J Cheaver Loophole, of the firm, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe Very Happy
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: I couldn't believe it !!! Reply with quote

RideAHarley wrote:

I saw that last week with Ollie too, and this was total ********. Down is up and up is down.
The crapola phase of this campaign is just beginning. Hell hath no fury like a lefty down in the polls. It's gonna get uglier.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Ollie Reply with quote

Ollie needs to open up a can of whoop ass on Colmes and biatch slap that bug-eyed geek all over the studio.

That really pisses me off.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ollie Reply with quote

PC wrote:
Ollie needs to open up a can of whoop a** on Colmes and biatch slap that bug-eyed geek all over the studio.

That really pisses me off.

Alan Colmes: The lazy-eyed liberal Mad
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here have enough money to sue these pukes! You'll never win but it might shut them up for a few weeks! Beldar where are you? Laughing
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea.

After Kerry gets crushed in the election, let's all donate to the cause and sue everyone of these lying libs that have slandered the President and the Swiftvets. Add Michael Moron and all the Hollywood types to the mix - they have also publicly slandered honorable people's reputations with out and out lies, too.

Let's fund John O'Neill to go after them with everything he's got.

I'd send them a check every month for the rest of my life.

How can anything change, if they never suffer any consequences for their despicable and deceitful politics?

These guys are political terrorists - they have no morality at all.
Jazzoi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona wrote:

Cause for a class-action lawsuit against Kerry? I'll donate.

"We The People vs. John F'in Kerry"

Kind of has a nice ring to it. Smile
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy Kay wrote:
Colmes just said new evidence to support war crimes.

Does anyone think that tactic is going to improve Kerry's chances?! Somehow I don't think running on the "Vets are War Criminals" platform will be very successful.

Anyway, let's hear it, I say. It's time to air out all this old rubbish.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I heard Beckel call the Swift Vets claims --- "Lies from Lying liars."

I think a slander and defamation lawsuit is in order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: