SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: My thanks Reply with quote

I just want to thank you guys for once again serving your country proudly. You are once again showing us what duty and honor are all about and giving us an opportunity to explain to our kids wait it's about too.

I must admit being a young Petty Officer in the Navy in the eighties I might not of grasped that concept as much as I do now (I'm a bit older and greyer now!), but I look back with fondness and respect and honor about that time and even more so respect what you guys (and gals too) did too lay your lives on the line in the past to protect our freedom.

With all this controversy, it has given me the opportunity to share with my children the concept of duty and honor, and hopefully at this young age they will carry that info with them and learn from it and apply it in their lives somehow. Or at the very least now they know how I feel and they know why at every ball game I still stand at attention and remove my cap with my arm at my side and my hand over my heart, face the flag, while everyone else loligags like nothing seems to be happening...during the national anthem....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: