SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barnes & Noble in Rochester Michigan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Barnes & Noble in Rochester Michigan Reply with quote

Has about 10 copies left as of 7pm Sept 3.

Just got my copy after all this waiting!!! Im so dang excited!!

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
exnavywave
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Barnes & Noble--Las Cruces, NM Reply with quote

I found absolutely no books in the B&N store in Las Cruces, New Mexico. When I asked, the sales clerk--somewhat embarrassed--offered to order it for me immediately. She claimed they had been trying to obtain copies for the store. I pointed out that Clinton's book is displayed right next to Dan Brown's best seller, The Da Vinci Code --which I thought rather appropriate considering they are both fiction.

It arrived at my home via post just four days later --it was obviously available in some warehouse somewhere! --and I read it. Considering the fact that I received an e-mail stating that the New York Times claimed that O'Neill was incoherent in places and that it was obviously a personal crusade to smear Kerry.

Since I teach literature at a local college, I thought I would decide for myself. The book was an easy read --and completely coherent throughout. Also, I might add, it does not "read" like there is a personal vendetta at all. I found the tone, much to my surprise, completely "matter-of-fact" and in some areas, almost kind. This book does not "read" like any vicious attack, rather the cold facts that --when put collectively--clearly demonstrate a man with an agenda. Unfortunately, that agenda is to promote himself.

One small issue in the book bothers me: As a former active duty (enlisted) WAVE who served 1970-73, I signed a paper when I was discharged and was informed that I should not engage in any "demonstrations" which I took to mean "anti-war" or anything that might cause embarrassment to the U.S. Navy. If Kerry was engaging in anti-war activities WHILE he was still in the U.S. Navy RESERVES, and the FBI was watching him.... how come the Navy did nothing about it?

As a Navy widow and Vietnam-ERA veteran, I strongly object to his behavior and the fact that the NAVY did nothing about it.

Thank you for the opportunity to vent!
Sincerely, exnavywave Susan
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine the navy didnt do anything about it cause there was a ton of others that were doing the same thing when they shouldnt be.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
expectingrain
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed by Admin: The forum is here to discuss John Kerry's unfitness to hold the office of President. We are not here to debate the worthiness of the Vietnam War.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navy has now started an investigation into his medals. Send then a letter maybe we can also get them to investigate his Treason (in Paris) and his War Crimes which he conviently tried to atribute to all Swiftees. I do not recall him ever being definate in explaining his War Crimes. I wonder if he has those on his 8 mm.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Book Availability Reply with quote

I don't really know whether Barnes&Noble is trying not to sell "Unfit for Command" for political reasons, or whether it is a question of supply and demand, or poor distribution.

I had to go to a bookstore to buy a required book for my son's literature class in school, and found 60 unsold copies of "Unfit for Command" (discounted to $19.50) at the Barnes & Noble store in West Hartford, CT.

This may be only anecdotal evidence, but I suspect that UFC sells VERY well in "red" (Bush) states, moderately well in swing states, and poorly in "blue" (Gore/Kerry) states (like CT).

If any of you are struggling with shipping delays in getting UFC books to your friends before the election, send me 20 bucks and your address and I'll get them to you via the US Postal Service! (Postage will probably cost me more than 50 cents, but the difference will be my donation to the cause!)

My address: Steven Zell, 152 Ballard Drive, West Hartford CT 06119.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: