SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Reserve duty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daven16
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Kerry's Reserve duty Reply with quote

I hope that the SBV's would publicly demand the records for Kerry's Naval Reserve years. He must have had a Reserve obligation but I haven't heard anything about it. What unit was he assigned to? Who was his CO? Did he go to annual training? Did he "avoid duty" as the Democrats accuse Bush of ad nauseam. Please do an ad that demands this information and a public discussion of it.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that. Now that the Democrats have decided that reserve duty is important and that all time must be accounted for, I think it might be time to add the facts that have been documented here and elsewhere regarding what John Kerry did while he was still a commissioned officer - like travel to Paris twice to unilateraly negotiate with the North Vietnamese government representives, and attend a conference in which the assassination of 7 senators was discussed, with John Kerry, still a commissioned officer, not reporting it!

Seems to me that even if the Dems worst charges were true about GWB being AWOL (which have not been proven), it wouldn't hold a candle to the reprehensible conduct of John Kerry while still a sworn member of the Armed Forces. That all did happen before his release, didn't it?

It would be kind of hard, I would think, to keep up with Kerry's reserve obligations while he was engaged in all that other activity, including testimony before Congress, wouldn't it? (And, LORD!!!!, what does that say about his reserve unit, if he did manage to pull off that miracle?)
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Reserve duty Reply with quote

daven16 wrote:
He must have had a Reserve obligation but I haven't heard anything about it.

He didn't...

This has been MUCH discussed elsewhere on the forum,
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Reserve duty Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
daven16 wrote:
He must have had a Reserve obligation but I haven't heard anything about it.

At a minimum, whether in a drill or non-drill status, as a selected
reservist, ready reservist, standby reservist, or on active duty or inactive duty, Kerry was subject to recall, and subject to the UCMJ, Code
of Conduct, and the
US Constitution as a commissioned officer of the United States of
America. He, in my opinion, violated numerous articles in these
documents. So, yes, he had a reserve obligation. An obligation
based on the oath he took to uphold the US Constitution.

Montana
SEABEE_JAG
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: daven16 PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:30 am Post subject: Kerry's Reserve duty

Come on. Everybody forget the BuPersMan and the JAGMan and the ReserveAdminMan?

During VietNam the obligation was SIX years total, with 2, 3, 4, 5, pr 6 years active - depending on your contract!

You could not be forced to drill NONPAY - you could be cajoled to in order to get 72 points/year times 20 years. But if there was no PAY BILLET within a "reasonable commuting distance" (per BuPers INST's) you could not be forced to drill NON-PAY.

If you were a "NON-OBLIGOR" (either 2+ years active duty or 6+ years drilling Reserve with only ACDUTRA) the only punishment for too many unexcused absences was that the year was UNSAT. You could only be "Involuntarily Activated" if you were an "OBLIGOR" - which generally meant a "6 month Initial Active Duty Reservist".

To: Anker-Klanker PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:57 am

Only a requirement if in the Drilling Reserve in a Drill Pay Status.

To: Montana PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:49 pm Post subject: Re: Kerry's Reserve duty

Not subject to the UCMJ as a non-drilling reservist - exept maybe for crimes committed while on active duty. I once prosecuted a Selected Reservist (drilling reservist, obligor) for selling "coke" between drill week ends. Conviction reversed on grounds of "No personal jurisdiction - securing the drill weekend terminates ad hominem jurisdiction."

Resapectfully,

COMMANDER, JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERALS CORPS, USNR (RETIRED)

ACTIVE DUTY: ENSIGN/LIEUTENANT(JG) - CIVIL ENGINEER CORPS ("SEA BEES") - "IN THE MUD WITH THE MARINES."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: