SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry On Imus In The Morning (Wed.)???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: John Kerry On Imus In The Morning (Wed.)??? Reply with quote

I caught a last second glance of an ad on MSNBC and thought I saw something about a John Kerry interview on Imus Wednesday...Anyone able to confirm this?
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he is scheduled to be on Wednesday . I think I heard 7:30 AM EDT but I'm not positive about the time.

Imus will mostly grill Kerry about not stopping at the Imus Ranch last month. Otherwise my guess is that Imus will go easy on him.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I think you're exactly right about Imus.

He was for Kerry, then says he's undecided. He'll ask Kerry why he skipped the ranch, Kerry will make up some excuse, and then Imus will jokingly give him a hard time, then accept his response, declaring "Kerry is his man". If only Kerry would go on an interview with someone who would ask some serious questions.

It was pretty funny though when Jon Stewart asked about Cambodia, and Kerry couldn't/wouldnt even give an answer!
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus has pulled his support for Kerry and said he was neutral. Does anybody have any thoughts on getting a list of questions together or talking points? Is there any hope that Imus might be the guy to take him to the mat on some of the SBVT's issues?
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
Imus has pulled his support for Kerry and said he was neutral. Does anybody have any thoughts on getting a list of questions together or talking points? Is there any hope that Imus might be the guy to take him to the mat on some of the SBVT's issues?

Imus, has the potential to kill Kerry, he can turn real UGLY if he is in a bad mood. But I don't think he will ask about the swift boat stuff. Imus is mostly an entertainer and will try to make it as lively as possible but he'll probably try to avoid really insulting Kerry or asking serious questions about Vietneam or the VVAW, although he may kid Kerry about some of it..
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus is in the tank with Kerry, he just acts like hes independent to swing in some extra conservative viewers. Waste of time. how many days since Kerry gave a press conference?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like Don Imus. However, he is definitely a maverick who doesn't give a rat's behind about either party. I wouldn't be surprised if Imus asked him some zingers. Of course, there's always the possibility that he as agreed in advance what to discuss with Kerry. As you know, it will probably by via telephone.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything Don Imus does is carefully orchestrated by his Network
handlers at the MSM.

Don't pay any attention to this old Cocaine addict.

His brain is the size of an ant. Rolling Eyes
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, thanks for telling so I can wake up 0430 to listen a bunch of ostriches quack or maybe that's a couple of quacks act like imus.
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus said this morning that he will likely vote for Kerry. The man has no backbone. He has something in common with Kerry they are both flip floppers.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard he was on at 6 a.m. which I'd assume is EST.... maybe that's just for the Imus show...not the kerry part.... THis a.m. he called kerry 'my man'..... a week or so ago he was insinuating that he would probably vote for bush..... I really don't like this guy.... what does that say when I turn tv to him over CNN or Fox lately..... he won't ask kerry anything serious... maybe a spoof on cambodia like on that other comedy show....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a better than 50/50 chance that Imus will NOT go easy on Kerry. I think at some level he may have as much contempt for Kerry as he had for Clinton.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda of off topic right now, but I have a real problem with people who say they "don't know who they are going to vote for yet".

Holy Sh!t, do you wait until the last minute, like when you have your car keys in your hand, to put your shoes on!

Dammit it isn't that freakin' tough... Kerry is a nasty, nasty person, oh don't get me started, and you are actually thinking of voting for him?

I have real trouble when my active duty brothers and sisters are leaning Kerry... holy crap.

It doesn't suprise me that Imus will vote Kerry. He's been a lefty all of his life, and he does not hide it. Still, playing coy is his way of trying to gain ratings.

Imus can jump up a fat hog's @$$ for all I care. He's an annoying personality and I don't see how he is still commanding an audience. Maybe I missed out on his heyday or something.

Reconflyer
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion of Imus is that he does a lot of "leg pulling." It has seemed all along to me that he is laughing up his sleeve when he says he's supporting Kerry. He does a lot of muttering under his breath when he makes Kerry comments. A lot of what he does and says is just to annoy people. He is an obnoxious, self-absorbed jerk, and you have to take him with a grain of salt.

All those cliches aside, his inteview w/JFK could prove interesting. JF most likely will have given him boundaries; however, Imus does get feisty at times. I guess JF can always hang up on him though. Time will tell. . .
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped listening to (and watching) Imus earlier this year. He is so in the tank for Kerry. Imus became very boring and I was tired of listening to the long list of liberals on his show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: