SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa: I'm so huggable, Page Six

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Teresa: I'm so huggable, Page Six Reply with quote

Don't worry folks! Help is on the way! We can all breathe a sigh of relief and know that even if JFK is elected, we will be able rely on Mama T to take him to task when he's not doing the right thing.

Excerpt:
When Cole wondered how she felt about the term "first lady," Heinz Kerry replied, "Ick." And asked whether she'd be more of a Barbara Bush or Hillary Clinton type, she says, "Neither . . . I would be [the president's] good friend, telling him when he was doing right and helping him when he wasn't."

Quote:

Teresa: I'm So Huggable
New York Post, by Page Six
September 14, 2004 -- POTENTIAL First Lady Teresa Heinz Kerry says she gets unfairly characterized as a cold fish because she's so rich. In an interview with designer Kenneth Cole for the October Harper's Bazaar, Kerry sniffs, "[People] think that if you have money you have no feelings or conscience. But when people get to know me, if I was any of that, they wouldn't dare hug me, kiss me and speak to me in personal terms." When Cole wondered how she felt about the term "first lady," Heinz Kerry replied, "Ick." And asked whether she'd be more of a Barbara Bush or Hillary Clinton type, she says, "Neither . . . I would be [the president's] good friend, telling him when he was doing right and helping him when he wasn't." She also declares, "I don't have a social agenda" and "I don't read negative press. I just keep focused." As for the all-important fashion question, "I like classic clothes. And every now and then, I like something froufrou in the evening. But I don't lead that kind of a life anymore."

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/28522.htm
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ick
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the "unwashed" masses....
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Huggable Teresa? Reply with quote

John Kerry is hugging her all the way to the bank.

But for classy elegance, Laura Bush gets my vote!
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Leno asked the audience who they thought the sexier
candidate was. President Bush got more applause.

Then they showed Senator Kerry kissing his wife at the DNC.
It was just a little peck. Then they showed President Bush at
the RNC.

After that, he said something like it's always the quiet ones....
and referring to the fact that she was a librarian.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that comparison on Leno was funny was because as Bush was kissing Laura, he finished with a couple of affectionate whacks to her posterior. Nothing could have been more convincing that they have a genuine relationship, and it's in very good shape. I'd like to see Ter-ay-sahs reaction if JFK hauled off and smacked her fanny!
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
The reason that comparison on Leno was funny was because as Bush was kissing Laura, he finished with a couple of affectionate whacks to her posterior. Nothing could have been more convincing that they have a genuine relationship, and it's in very good shape. I'd like to see Ter-ay-sahs reaction if JFK hauled off and smacked her fanny!

Cut his allowance by 25% I guess. Their kiss was
like it was done out of convenience. But I guess
that former VP Gore wins the animal award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1000000/images/_1001671_agorekissafp150.jpg
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOUBLE ICK.

If ol' Mzz Heinzzz thinks the idea of being called First Lady makes her say ICK, she should know the reaction I have to her being called First Lady.

One of the best compliments I ever received was when my daughters said, "You are a regular Laura Bush, Mom." They were teasing me, but I told them I considered that a great compliment. I could certainly do much worse. And it is true that I could easily imagine being friends with Mrs. Bush, but could never picture doing anything but trying to avoid Ms. Heinz like the proverbial plague. Funny, for some reason she reminds me of the type of person that would be quite pushy in imposing themselves on you, never realizing she is unliked. I just think she is so arrogant she would not realize her friendship was unwanted. I think we have all known the type--poor dumb things that they are.

Saw a poll today that says that Kerry's support among women voters is down from 50% in August to 44%. I think that there are two reasons: one is that President Bush is seen as much stronger on security, a topic close to most women's hearts, and secondly I think women respond to the genuine love and affection the President has for his wife. You just have to like a man like that. And plus, President Bush is really just so cute.

So I guess Kerry and Ms. Heinz could make a big show of affection to try to rectify the perception that is starting to take hold, and that is that Kerry only married her for her money, but it would just play as phoney and contrived.

And I just have one question: why doesn't Ms. Heinz take some of her money and get a makeover? I mean that stuck in the 80's big hair, really. She looks like she is wearing a bad wig. And you know, I am from Texas, so if I think it is big hair, well, it is big hair!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: