SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to Address National Guard Association Conference 9/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Zulu Grandforker!
Outstanding post. Raised a tear out of this old tailhooker!
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you for standing up and honoring this man and my condolences to his family and friends that a true hero gave all for his country. Our country will surely miss him. It's amazing that even after you pointed out the errors in first story, he sidestepped the fact that his family and others supported your story. Then naturally, a peace activist that had no knowledge of the details called you a liar. Have there been any responses from others in your paper?

Cases like these are why it is so important to bring these things to light. So the general public can see the tactics used and so they can see that our troops are not the evil murdering animals that some are trying to portray.

Thanks again.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandforker..my sincere condolences and prayers to you and your friend and your friend's family..The vile comments by those who have no other purpose than to denegrate our military are shocking..I should not be shocked anymore, but I continue to be. My father, a vet of two wars and also a member of the Reserves at one time..can not believe what is happening by a so called fellow "vet"..Kerry. He has since come to terms with it, (with all of your help!)..but my God, have these people no shame. Apparnently not..the hurtful, vile comments..amaze me and sadden me..because it would be the very men they are degrading that would and are putting their lives on the line for them.

I hope at that convention, I see a appropriate response to Kerry..turn your backs, walk out or sit on your hands..show no response..he deserves worse, but I know for ettiquete purposes he will get more than he deserves.

For those that have not heard the Presidents speech at the NGC today, here is the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132378,00.html

God bless all those who have served and are serving now..I am thankful for each one, and will never forget what they have done for me.

PD
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice in his speech there not the I, I, I's and me, me, me's like Kerry's have been.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was a good speech. The President alternated his bid for their votes with a very clear message about how the country owes a debt of gratitude to the members of the National Guard, past and present, and outlined some of the weaknesses in Kerry's support for them. That's going to be a tough act to follow, very tough. Very Happy
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words badbobusnret, army72 and ProudDaughterofVet.

army72 wrote:
Have there been any responses from others in your paper?

I believe there were one or two other letters to the editor taking Omdahl to task for the way he belittled the ND National Guard. Of course, he had to have the last word, selectively quoting an unnamed Guardsman who sent him an e-mail.

The thing is, those familiar with the World War II history of Guadalcanal know that the 164th Infantry Regiment which played a key role in the battle was a North Dakota National Guard unit. It was the first American Guard unit committed to offensive action in the war.

North Dakota Guardsmen served in conflicts before World War II and in Desert Storm. I find it disgraceful that a former lieutenant governor is totally unaware of his own state Guards' proud history. I am fond of this passage from Richard B. Franks excellent book Guadalcanal describing the arrival of the 164th on the island:

Quote:

The Army unit, a National Guard formation, exuded the distinctly Scandinavian character of its North Dakota recruiting area. In common with other National Guard organizaitons, the regiment contained few raw youths in sharp contrast to the Marine units it joined. But other characteristics that stigmatized many National Guard formations in World War Two -- weakness in discipine and professionalism closely linked to amateurism and superannuation among the officers -- had not debilitated the 164th. The superior character of the regiment reflected its vibrant leader, Lieutenant Colonel Bryant E. Moore, a West Pointer, who in the admiring words of Colonel Gerald Thomas handled his command "like a czar."

openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Kerry equated Gaurd duty with dodging the draft Reply with quote

I hope all of you National Guard members remember this on Thursday.

Kerry deserves to see your backs as you walk out.

Pete Bartow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A significantly large about face and forward march would show two things. First, it would show how the NG really feels about Kerry. Secondly, it would show media bias.
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: VVAW quotes about National Guard Reply with quote

While looking through the FBI files at Winter Soldier, I found some interesting characterizations of the National guard from VVAW protests. Signs at a VVAW protest against a National Guard Association of the UNited States (NGAUS) meeting in New York on Sept 14,1970 stated:

Quote:
Vietnam Vets say disarm the armed cowards-Is the National Guard planning another Kent State

National Guard is a Threat to National Security

National Guard is against Striking Workers, Students, and Black Rebellion

Palestine Will Win

VVAW FBI files section 01 page 159
Apparently Kerry and his crony have had a thing against National Guard service for a long time. Bet the current NGAUS members have no idea how Kerry used to think of them
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Hannity & Colmes, Carl Bernstein just said "we have two guys: one shirked his duty [Bush because he served in the Guard] and the other went to war [Kerry because he went to Vietnam]. If that despicable remark about shirking because he served in the guard isn't justification for all Guardsmen to walk out on Kerry, then...maybe Carl has a point. Guardsmen, what thinks thee?
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what time he is to lie..oops, I mean speak? I live in the Eastern time zone..I know it is in Nevada, correct? So I am thinking about late afternoon here..thanks in advance. Hubby and I are making spitballs for the tv. Each time Kerry comes on, we (honest to God) spit ball him ! It is fun, harmless and helps with the anger.. Razz

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to hear or read what Kerry says to the NGAUS. We could probably make a drinking game out of how many times Kerry says, "When I was in Vietnam..."

Or, maybe he'll tell them, "I actually voted for Tricare for Guard soldiers before I voted against it."

Maybe he'll reiterate his proposal to double the Special Ops....as if it were that easy to do, and as if most Guard folks even have a clue what Special Ops is. They would know that the funding would have to come from SOMEWHERE, though, and probably partly out of their own.

He'll probably tell them that unlike Bush, he would have seen to it that they had all of the bullet-proof vests and all the armored Humvees they need, totally ignoring his own votes against equipping the troops.

Rest assured, the folks at the convention will know about some of Kerry's past slurs against the Guard. Much of the leadership of today's armed forces are Vietnam veterans, even in the Guard, and all soldiers are paying a little bit more attention to politics this time around because we are at war.

Some folks are dreaming a bit too much on this thread, though. Please don't be disappointed if there is no big negative reaction or protest when Kerry speaks. The NGAUS is an officers association and they will probably be in uniform. Even if they technically can make such overt political gestures under UCMJ, they probably won't. As I posted before, some of these people are coming from states with Democrat Governors...they're not going to sacrifice their military careers for this.

The NGAUS is a lobbying organization, and if Kerry says he's for expanding Tricare they will clap for that. Otherwise, I'd look for them to be pretty quiet....maybe just polite golf claps. Unless some folks that have retired from the Guard show up and stand with their back to Kerry, the quiet will be the protest....at least inside the convention.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil I am just sick of the lies that JflipflopK is spewing all around about our Commander and Chief. There is nothing dishonarable about serving in the NG then or now. The only dishonrable thing I know of is Kerry's lying tongue.
Sandy12
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush Limbaugh’s site has a link to the video of the speech President Bush made to the National Guard. It’s from C-SPAN so they must have it there too.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time does he speak?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: