SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affidavit from former VVAW Member about Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF-67-72
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 11:54 AM
To: Steve Pitkin, (E-mail Removed by Admin)
Cc: 1:{Naval Reserve Assn Official}; 2:{A Retired Navy Captain}
Subject: A Salute ...

Steve,

You're going to be intensely 'slimed' now for your honesty ... but your new "band of brothers" is several million strong.

Regards,

{my name}
USAF 67-72

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apology accepted.
welcome home bro
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Affidavit from former VVAW Member about Kerry Reply with quote

JK wrote:

Can Steve have others come forward and make similar statements so that the liberal press will be unable to discredit his statement?? Or has Kerry already mishandled the others to place them under his protective cloak??
JK

The VVAW tentacles and Kerry’s participation reached way beyond 4/22/71.

My personal letter I wrote to my brother on 8/2/04.
CWV

My Dear Brother Mark,

I am writing this to you to provide you with an accounting of my own experiences that as my brother I should have shared with you along my journey through life.

Our sister informed me that you were very hurt by the comments I made to you regarding the Kerry nomination.

Mark you are one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever known. I have never seen you personally attack anyone. It wasn’t my intention to personally attack you or talk down at you. Perhaps if we were closer and I had shared with you my experiences like brothers should you would have known were I was coming from and my comments would not of hit you so strongly and by surprise. I apologize for not being more sensitive to your beliefs and it was not appropriate for me to come out the way I did.

In our early Bloomington days I like to think we had a strong bond and a real brotherly relationship. Shortly after we moved we started to separate from one another as we started developing our own core of beliefs. I was more of the compliant child and for the most part I adopted Dad & Mom’s beliefs for myself. And you developed more of an independent core of beliefs of your own.

I wore my uniform home only one time and learned all I needed about the opinions about the military shared by many American’s.

While I was in the USAF 75-79 I found myself questioning my service and my contribution to the Cold War. When grandma died in 6/79 about the time you visited me in Cheyenne, I was really discouraged and depressed about the whole thing and when the Air Force denied my leave for grandma’s funeral I went AWOL I was fortunate that I had a few days before my next duty call and my absence was never missed. On my trip back to Cheyenne I did a lot of soul searching.

And these are the questions I played in my mind. These are not questions that came up in the wake of grandma’s funeral but questions I developed with the countless hours I had to think while I was out at missile sites.

Should of I wore my dress uniform to Aunt Lois’s wedding?

I remember seeing our cousin Gary at Grandpa’s funeral in his uniform. Why is it that I didn’t wear my uniform to Grandmas’ funeral? Just as well I might have offended someone and now is a time to mourn and not make a scene.

Why is their very little public support for our service I am not even comfortable wearing my uniform in public?

Why is it that the Vietnam veterans that I spent endless hours on patrol with taken so much public abuse for just doing the duty that their country called them to, and following the orders handed down by politicians, and ordered to carry out? The Vietnam guy’s I served with rarely ever talked about their war experience, however they would go on endlessly about their mistreatment from the American public.

After much thought just prior to Grandma’s funeral I convinced myself that nuclear war was unavoidable and that probably by the year 2000 it would all come to an end.

So with all this in mind with my arrival back to Cheyenne I went to my first sergeants office and told him I can no longer support the Cold War and that if we were a God fearing nation and if we truly believed “In God We Trust” we would not need all of these Nuclear weapons and then I told my first sergeant I would no longer carry an M-16. My 1st Sergeant asked me for my Security Police Shield and sent me to the mental health clinic wear they diagnosed me of having a passive aggressive disordered and recommended me for discharged. The Air Force reviewed my record that was mostly filled with positive remarks and I had received very high marks on all of my performance reports. Comments like every effort should be made to retain Airman Jelinek and that he shows much promise as being an effective NCO. So the Air Force did give me an Honorable Discharge.

At that time I had served 43 Months of a 48 month commitment with 3 months of unused leave so all I would have had to do is serve out another two months take my 90 days of leave and be done. In retrospect it was wrong for me to betray the men I served with and leave the Air Force in the manner I did. I have shifted my opinions regarding the Cold War and as a free nation we did what we had to. And I personally believe it is the hand of God who we do trust that has kept us from a nuclear catastrophe.

During that time I did not know of anyone I served with that paid attention to politics and I didn’t either at that time. I do not ever recall the name of Kerry even being discussed. I do recall receiving security briefings regarding the VVAW Vietnam, Veterans, Against, War that they had taken over the Statue of Liberty and that they might be plotting on taking occupation of a Missile Site in protest against the cold war.

When Jordan joined the Navy I thought that American public had gotten passed its anti military opinion of our Men & Women in uniform only to find out that when Jordan was in uniform on liberty in downtown Chicago with Justin & Jered that some guy on a bicycle waived his middle finger at him. Well that immediately brought me back to all the conversations I had with the men I served with and I took it upon myself to get to the root source of all these anti military attitudes.

In my research I came across two documents of records that put all the pieces together for me. One was the transcripts of the Kerry – O’Neil debate hosted by Dick Cavett and the other was Kerry as a member of the VVAW testifying before a select group of senators depicting American soldiers of committing War Crimes that have never been substantiated and with my own extended conversations with many of the men I served with that were in combat said that they ever saw or even heard of.

Perhaps after reading this you have gained an understanding of how emotionally charged the Kerry nomination has been for my self and many other veterans.

With love for my brother

Stephen

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is big!! Sure hope to see some of this in the media...I kept waiting to hear something on Tues..something about to break..then saw this and the new announcement at the top of this forum page...things are going to start to move again!!
God Bless America,
Greenvale
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Affidavit... Reply with quote

Steven J. Pitkin wrote:
...Kerry and other leaders of the event instructed me to publicly state that I had witnessed incidents of rape, brutality, atrocities and racism, knowing that such statements would necessarily be untrue...

Thank you Steven. I accept your apology and offer you mine. I'm sorry I was not there for you when you came home. You see, I'm a little older than you and I was too busy with my college classes. My failure has haunted me for 35 years and you've now permitted me to recover a little of my self respect. I hope my apology helps you some too.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Bump Set SPIKE! Reply with quote

Bump, Set , SPIKE!

get this guy on Hannity, Limbaugh, etc... ASAP!!!!

OOO RAH!

GET SOME!
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
dinki dau
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Winter Soldier Investigation and VVAW leadership Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Hi, I just got through talking to the morning DJ at WJR in Detroit Mi. and I believe I did okay, but I'm no pro at this. Did any of you hear it yet? Last night I spoke to Mark Levin on WABC in NYC briefly, but so far (as of 2300hrs EST) the replies were positive.
The only trouble with these kind of interviews, is that Mark and (now I can't remember his name!) wanted to focus on that exact point in time when Kerry approached me. The guy today did let me give an explanation of what happened before the camera went on, and also allowed me to tell about Dewey Canyon III, about the flags. He also let me vent how I feel about the press (not too much has changed since Vietnam), but he asked me what was my major motive in coming forward.
I made an honorable mention about you all, and about the virulent amount of hate directed at President Bush and SBVFT.
After the primaries were over and Kerry won the nomination, I emailed Fox, R. Limbaugh, CNN and got a chance to vent on "The Shnitz show", but he probably doesn't remember who I am.
Point of ref: I got through twice to R. Limbaugh and the screener told me to call back on Friday. Called back and couldn't get through. When I got through the second time he wasn't interested, so I stopped.
When you guys came on, I realized the least I owed you was " I *(&)& up and ask for forgiveness. But I apologized to the country by going back into the military and realized I really enjoyed it.
Whatever I can do to help, I'm willing to do, but I don't want innocent parties (my family) hurt.
It's too bad that alot of people in our great country make it so easy for our enemies to have their dirty work done without lifting a finger. They are not going to turn this country into the SSN Thresher!

May the truth hurt and heal. Steve Pitkin
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Soldier Investigation and VVAW leadership Reply with quote

dinki dau wrote:
I got through twice to R. Limbaugh and the screener told me to call back on Friday. Called back and couldn't get through. When I got through the second time he wasn't interested, so I stopped.

Steve...give it a week and he'll be calling YOU. Put the screener on hold for a few minutes Wink
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if enough of us forward Steve's letter to Rush he might get it.

rush@eibnet.com
dinki dau
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Well, I almost made "Hannity and Colmes" Reply with quote

Dear All,

Will Brit Hume's show do for starts? Today I got a call from Major Garrett, who's filling in for Brit Hume. At 1512 hrs he asked me if I could get to a local studio for a phone interview before 1730.
Showered, teeth brushed, electric shaved, jumped into half a suit and I got to the studio within the allotted time. Not all of the interview was shown, and of course there was a rebuttal, from Kerry's ex wife's brother, who denied everything I said. WHAT A SURPRISE!
There is more to come however, and maybe I'll end up on Hannity and Colmes and maybe I'll end up walking back! But I'll give it all I got. I'm not a polished arguer, although I grew up in a family with 2 lawyers, so I'm not as polished as I'm sure I can be. But it sure helps having the truth on your side, along with all of you guys, and the other Vietnam Vets, who believe Kerry has done a great injustice to the living and the dead.
I pray right before I say anything, and end the prayer that it may help all of us, living and dead, rest with peace.
dinki dau - Steve Pitkin
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw you, Steve. Great job!

I was yelling at my wife, because they first had you labeled as Thorne!

I was struck by the notion that Thorne said he would sign a affidavit, too. He said he would sign one saying what Kerry said and thought. Hunh? Sorry, dude, not admissable... He wants to counter what you can report first-hand with his impressions of the kind of guy Kerry was.

Riiiight...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and of course there was a rebuttal, from Kerry's ex wife's brother, who denied everything I said.

I laughed at his poor attempt at rebuttal and so did a lot of other people, too. Wink

Remember when you go to these things that the power of truth is on your side and so are we. We're with you in spirit.

Don't let temporary setbacks ever get in your way.

Remember Sunday. Wink
USAF-67-72
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Well, I almost made "Hannity and Colmes" Reply with quote

dinki dau wrote:
Dear All, Will Brit Hume's show do for starts?
I saw it too, Steve. Good job. Laughing

1) Apparently Thorne is just as DELUDED as Kerry;
2) Never forget that unlike Kerry, you have a Purple Heart that you DESERVE;
3) Never forget that unlike Kerry, you know what is real and what is NOT REAL;
4) You can now finish healing from the Winter Soldier FRAGGING inflicted on you by Kerry and his "band of liars";
5) Kerry must CRASH and burn before he can heal -- the election should HELP him in that regard by ending his public career;
6) The Swift Vets' book, and your charges, will continue to burrow into the lies, turning over rocks long AFTER the election is over;
7) It is indeed now LT KERRY'S TURN!
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Well, I almost made "Hannity and Colmes" Reply with quote

dinki dau wrote:
Dear All,

Will Brit Hume's show do for starts? Today I got a call from Major Garrett, who's filling in for Brit Hume. At 1512 hrs he asked me if I could get to a local studio for a phone interview before 1730.
Showered, teeth brushed, electric shaved, jumped into half a suit and I got to the studio within the allotted time. Not all of the interview was shown, and of course there was a rebuttal, from Kerry's ex wife's brother, who denied everything I said. WHAT A SURPRISE!
There is more to come however, and maybe I'll end up on Hannity and Colmes and maybe I'll end up walking back! But I'll give it all I got. I'm not a polished arguer, although I grew up in a family with 2 lawyers, so I'm not as polished as I'm sure I can be. But it sure helps having the truth on your side, along with all of you guys, and the other Vietnam Vets, who believe Kerry has done a great injustice to the living and the dead.
I pray right before I say anything, and end the prayer that it may help all of us, living and dead, rest with peace.
dinki dau - Steve Pitkin

Way to go Steve, my thanks for your courage and honesty. You are in our thoughts, and unlike the Kerry's of this world we don't run.

Folks like you and David Horowitz restore some of my faith in humankind, so thanks again and hang in there.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on Hannity tonite Steve!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: