SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Anounces November Call Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry Anounces November Call Up Reply with quote

Today in a speech Kerry announced that Bush would be calling up more Guard and Reservist after the November election. So is Kerry announcing non-public information on troop movements in the war in Iraq? Is Kerry giving information to our enemy in Iraq like he did with the North Vietnamese that could endanger our troops? Will there be unnecessary American and coalition causalities and deaths due to Kerry being so free with America’s military information?
Could this be construed as giving aid and comfort to the enemy... by informing the enemy of out troop movements months before it happens so that they my better prepare? Certainly seems so IMHO.

Or am I over reacting?
101st Airborne
RVN 67'68
Geronimo
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think this is just more of Kerry's misinformation stratagy. Either he's attempting to scare the NG's, their families, the public or.......
all of the above. Just another attempt of instilling the fear in voters that George Bush is not being completely honest with the us. Pure grasping at straws by a the Kerry group that is taking on water fast.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if he knows this and has decided to make it public, for ANY reason, he is informing our enemies of future troop deployments, and has aided them.

I would hope he is only trying to scare the NG or their families, and also hope they see that.

He is getting desparate.

Big Al
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: scare Reply with quote

Trust me that antick will be used again, along with the elderly being cut off thier social security checks. the guy's flippin around like a salmon, I just want this to follow him back to Mass!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is either tossing out unreleased information or is taking a stab in the dark on Deployments.
Bunch of Clowns in that Campaign, fortunately overwhelmingly the people do not trust Kerry on Iraq.
Another good one today was Edwards stating if they are Elected, "There will be no Draft next Year"! Umm well seeing as it has been the Democrats in Congress who started the Draft Debate and kept it alive, perhaps Edwards should go talk to Rep Rengel about that.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended Dick Cheney’s town-hall meeting in Oregon City yesterday. A high school student stood up and said his teacher refused to sign an absent slip to allow him to attend. He went on to say “My teacher also said that you will reinstitute the draft if you are reelected. What is your view of the draft?” The TV news shows showed a concerned teenager asking the Vice-President about the draft. They edited out the “my teacher wouldn’t sign and my teacher said” portions and also edited out most of the points from Dick Cheney. Tell me again the part about how they only report the news.
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Sen Saxbe Chamblis R-GA) Press Conference Reply with quote

Lawrence Korb, a Reagan appointee, talked about the "Economics of The Draft" a few months ago - and said that to meet actual manpower needs for Iraq and establishing order/preserving order in the CenCom part of the world, an "E4 over four years" salary competitive with Big City FD and PD salaries would be needed. Don't know where you live - but that's $80K a year where I live.

The Georgia Republican Senator Saxbe Chamblis talked about increasing ARMY end strength by at least 20,000 and preferably 40,000 to meet our committments. Of course - concommitant increases in operations & maintenence, systems, and the other services.

Put a price tag on it. Nothing exotic or super secret -- just good Naval War College - Army War College - Air Force War College "Defense Economics and Decision Making 101" - as taught by Lawrence Korb and Paul Wolfovitz and other DOD Economics PhD's.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a scare tactic, aimed at parents and college students. The truth is that Rep. Charlie Wrangel (D. NY) is the primary sponsor of a House bill to re-instate the draft. The White House and Republican reps have been opposing it.

Michelle Malkin has a good write-up on it here.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Guardman and Reservist beingcalled up?? Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!
The Call Up Process has been an ongoing process, with most Units recieving at least 3 months notice, some more some less. But this is not News or some deeply held secret either.
Troop Rotations have been ongong and Kerry is just trying to scare the crap out of people!
Along with all his other idiotic and moronice comments as of late, this one needs to be flushed!
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Sen Chamblis Has Porposed An Increase in Total End Strength Reply with quote

The point is that Senator Saxbe Chamblis has introduced legislation calling for an increase in overall, total, boots on the ground UNITED STATES ARMY "END STRENGTH."

This challenges SecDef's "On The Cheap" business plan., of minimal total, boots on the ground United States Army "END STRENGTH."

Let's see. Our SecDef is an aviator (USMC) and a Harvard MBA. Who was the last SecDef to be an aviator (USAAC) and a Harvard MBA? "Our" SecDef- MacNamara. Wink

We can not win with mininal US casualties "On The Cheap." I thought that was one of the lessons of VietNam - compared and contrasted with Desert Storm.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether he used inside knowledge in this case is hard to say. He tanked in front of the NG convention, and thinks he can pander now. Whether it does him any good, I don't know.

However, with his history, and if I were the President of the United States, I would deny him access to any intelligence briefings, and tell our country exactly why. Political fallout be damned. He will always be a traitor.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a slimy traitor, always a slimy traitor!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: