SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do we know it was Burkett?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: How do we know it was Burkett? Reply with quote

I apologize if this has already been covered. It seems like everyone in the MSM is convinced it was Burkett who created these forged documents. Am I correct that the only evidence to link Burkett so far are:
1 - Robert Strong, one of CBS 'sources' says an Abilene Kinko's fax number was on one of the docs
2 - Some of the wording matches up with some of the wording used by Burkett.

If this is the only evidence so far to link Burkett, I'm not convinced. We cannot just accept this explanation without proof.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article today in the LA Times:

Emily Will, a professional document examiner in North Carolina consulted by the network to help assess two memos related to Bush's military service, said her copies showed a fax footer with a time stamp that read 6:41 p.m. Sept. 2.

The header of the fax, which presumably showed information about the sender, referred to a Kinko's shop near Abilene, Texas

Second source for Abilene as origination of fax.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this for starters:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9771

Stolen Honor
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good link for info about this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1218004/posts
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
From the article today in the LA Times:

Emily Will, a professional document examiner in North Carolina consulted by the network to help assess two memos related to Bush's military service, said her copies showed a fax footer with a time stamp that read 6:41 p.m. Sept. 2.

The header of the fax, which presumably showed information about the sender, referred to a Kinko's shop near Abilene, Texas

Second source for Abilene as origination of fax.

I hadn't seen that Hammer2, thanks. Emily Will saying the same thing convinces me.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that he had an account at this particular Kinkos.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just opinions, but...

I think Bob Burkett is likely to be the person who sent the forged docuemnts to CBS, but...

I don't think he created (forged) them; he was merely the conduit for some other, more devious, source. (DNC? MoveOn.org? Texans for Truth? or ?????? -- of course CBS and the DEMS want to plant the seed that it was the RNC who planted them, which is ridiculous).

Burkett spent too much time in the Guard not to have known better about acronyms, form, terminology, etc. that are part of the tattle-tales of the forgery. I think he was just so obsessed with bringing down GWB that when someone else made these available to him, he was too blind to see the flaws.

There's still more, much more, to this story!
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is more to it also. Burkett may have created and sent the memos to CBS but someone with more political savvy had to have given him guidance. That is the link that has to be revealed. I understand there is already a link to Max Cleland who is doing some hatchet work for the Kerry campaign. There is sure to be more.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

Burkett spent too much time in the Guard not to have known better about acronyms, form, terminology, etc. that are part of the tattle-tales of the forgery. I think he was just so obsessed with bringing down GWB that when someone else made these available to him, he was too blind to see the flaws.

Burkett spent time in the Army Guard, not Air Guard. The mistakes point to an Army Guard source. per Ms. Knox.

Burkett's rantings on the net, phone call to Max Cleland about "explosive new information", references to the Senator's son,.etc. yeah, he's the guy, with the mentality to do it.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRB111, thanks for that clarification. I don't know, I may be caught up in my own conspiracy fantasy, but I'm still not convinced that Burkett was the author of the forgeries. I agree that he was unbalanced enough; his web "editorials" make that clear enough. But there are still several other pieces of troubling parts of the puzzle that just don't fit neatly to point to Burkett as the "end of line."

For example, why would CBS and Dan Rather continue to protect this joker -- particularly when he's pretty much been fingered by everyone? If he was the source, and there was nothing more to it, I'd think CBS would be pretty quick to point to him and to try to reconstruct their damaged integrity.

Hopefully, this whole sorry mess will be exposed this coming week - one way or another.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For example, why would CBS and Dan Rather continue to protect this joker

Because Rather wants it to be true. You can almost here him saying like a small child "Please, please, please let it be true!" He is all out to get Pres. Bush. If he gives up the source, then we will know to much info for him to be able to gloss it over. They know Burkett is not a believable source, Danny boy wan't us to think Jesus himself was the source.

Stolen Honor
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree that the proof so far that Burkett a) forged the documents or b) was the one who delivered them to DNC/Kerry campaign/CBS is tenuous on both counts. There is a good chance that the perpetrators are going to be, when revealed, much more embarrassing and damaging to Rather, McAuliffe and Kerry...stay tuned!

Meanwhile, you have to love the huge irony of all this. Rather thought he could crown his career by skewering Bush with "solid evidence," and wound up gutting himself. Aw, shucks. And meanwhile, the spotlight is off Traitor John and John-Boy (did he just disappear in one of his other Americas, by the way?). The Johns must be going nuts.

And here's a third casualty: Michael Moore. He admitted his movie was "opinion" and not factual, in his disingenuous way, but still wants his "documentary," based on lies and distortions, to be considered for the Oscar as the best movie of the year. The same "who-needs-the-facts" approach to reality moved on to MoveOn.org, and moved on from there to CBS News. And now that facile slap-dash way with the truth is biting them in the behind...in the ratings, with advertisers, with affiliates, and with us, We the People. Yes!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 11 days of uncovering one of the greatest "known" frauds perpetrated on the Ameican people could not have happened even 12 years ago and it ain't over yet . Since the mid '60s our information has been controlled by the leftist Blathers, Chronkistas, and NY Slimes of the American news media.

Thank you Al Gore for creating the Internet! Wink

SETI! The Search for Extended-Terrestrial Intelligence!

We have found it and soon we will be be free again at last! Hiccup! Laughing

Last edited by ASPB on Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if all the other networks have been working this way over the years and nobody catches them. Im starting to seriously doubt the wild stories about michael jackson. If the MSM can stoop so low to forging doucments to smear the president maybe they did the same thing with Jacko?
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
I wonder if all the other networks have been working this way over the years and nobody catches them. Im starting to seriously doubt the wild stories about michael jackson. If the MSM can stoop so low to forging doucments to smear the president maybe they did the same thing with Jacko?

Of course the networks have been working this way over the years! Brokaw? Jennings? Blather? IMHO they're leftist 'travelers' who've spit on liberty and human dignity since their childhood in the anti-Vietnam crucible by stroking their own egos!

Have you ever seen anything from them that wasn't on a telepromter or otherwise ghosted by their fellow "travelers"? This doesn't mean they're evil, it just means they're dupes of a very bad chapter in American history and collectivist theory brought on us by.... Texan and Georgian Democrats interspersed with the presidency of a brilliant but paranoid Nixon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: