SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Unfit For Command" passes Bill O'Reilly inspectio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjohnson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: "Unfit For Command" passes Bill O'Reilly inspectio Reply with quote

Watched Bill O'Reilly interview John O'Neil concerning "Unfit For Command" on 9/7. The interview was very cordial. (O'Reilly is extremely blunt when people dodge questions.) In my opinion O'Reilly regarded O'Neil and his book as honest, factual. However...

O'Reilly was careful not to make too much of an issue out of John Kerry's character, emphasizing for the public to read the book and make their own decisions about Kerry.

Also, I believe that O'Reilly has invited Kerry to be interviewed. The fact that Kerry has not accepted O'Reilly's invitation suggests there are skeletons rattling in Kerry's closet, although everybody's got skeletons in their closet.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: I do not agree with BOR Reply with quote

I have watched BOR since he first came on Fox (many years). I always liked him and his reporting, BUT.. I think he is totally off base on this issue. He keeps saying that what happened 35 years ago doesn't matter today. This is total ******** to me in the matter of this issue.

Sure, what happened 35 years ago doesn't matter if you got drunk or stupid. It doesn't matter if you were an idiot. It doesn't matter if you never amounted to anything then, smoked weed and screwed your brains out at parties.

But it does matter if you were a COMMUNIST SYMPATHIZER WHILE YOU WERE STILL IN UNIFORM AND YOU ARE NOW RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES OF OUR AMERICA !!!

I can't understand how people like BOR, that has simple issues that he champions to the absolute max can give Kerry a free pass on this issue.

This MAN (JFK) is a cold, calculating SOB that (I would bet my house on) knew everything he was doing back then. It wasn't YOUTH, it wasn't being immature. He was an OFFICER in the U.S. Navy, the Navy that he volunteered for. He was a problem (according to Unfit) from the very day he got to Nam. It came out on BOR last night that he protested the war EVEN BEFORE he enlisted. So for BOR to give him a FREE pass on this issue, the issue of being a TRAITOR to his uniform and his country (3 trips to Paris qualifies him for that) to meet with the ChiComs, is beyond me.

He has never EVER (that I have read) taken back one word. He has never apologized or said that he made a mistake. He is, and will remain in my book, a traitor of the most calculating kind. He sided with liars then as he does today. I am sure he probably had full knowledge of everything he was doing then as he does today. Read the book to see how he was coached and had a professional speech writer working for him, while all the while saying he didn't even have time to prepare. There are far to many issues to go into here.. but to give him a pass, I think NOT !

For BOR to give him a pass for something as despicable as being a traitor in uniform is beyond me. And the way BOR just flippently says it doesn't matter is BS. And more so the way he says it is the Viet Nam Vets that are the only ones to have the dog in this fight. This guy is running for PRESIDENT !!

I have heard issues that BOR has rallied for at the top of his lungs that don't make a pimple on the ass of this issue. And as much as I like BOR and his programs.. HE IS WAY OFF BASE ON THIS.

He says it is the Viet Nam Vets issue of what Kerry said when he got home.. bull crap. It is an American issue that warrants the same attention whether it was yesterday, a week ago or 35 years ago. For ANYONE in this country to be thinking of voting for a TRAITOR in Uniform is beyond my thinking capacity.. way beyond.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the O'Reilly interview was also fair, especially now that O'Reilly has now actually READ the book! I didn't like his attitude earlier. But at least he has changed to some degree.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz wrote:
I thought the O'Reilly interview was also fair, especially now that O'Reilly has now actually READ the book! I didn't like his attitude earlier. But at least he has changed to some degree.

O'Reilly hopefully read UFC. He looked bad when it became apparent (during the Ann Coulter interview) that O'Reilly hadn't read her book.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: "Unfit For Command" passes Bill O'Reilly inspectio Reply with quote

In listening to O'Reilly he had mentioned that President Bush accepted his invitation to appear on the "Factor" and that the same invitation had been made to Kerry but to date Kerry has not accepted the invitation. Assuming President Bush does well Kerry will have little choice but to appear but perhaps Kerry will demand concessions like knowing the questions before he appears, editing rights, or no follow ups to questions when answered...

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: