SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please pray for our troops
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Please pray for our troops Reply with quote

I want to make a special appeal for everyone reading who is a praying person to keep our troops in Iraq in your prayers until the election. I just read a credible story by an Iraqi blogger who is predicting many suicide attacks between now and the elections specifically aimed at our troops. They need our support now more than ever.

You can read the entire post here - Changing Priorities

This man's blog has been very reliable when it comes to news from Iraq, and I believe he understands what's going on over there very well. Many of the people reading this site have been in combat and understand well the emotions and concerns of the men and women facing those situations. Your prayers can be especially efficacious no matter what power you believe in and pray to.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen. Prayers and good intel are needed.
angelwings
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray everyday for our people. I wish I could do more to give them protection...the suicides are increasing but not unexpected. They want to wear down the American people; they have studied us well!!!!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read them most days...that's where the REAL info comes from.

This feels terribly familiar, many of us have been through this once before!

I just heard on the radio a few minutes ago someone saying to Drudge, "the Bosnia war was a good war-it was a democrat war. The Iraq war is a bad war-it's a repub war"

We can't let this happen again. It just FEELS like it's building steam.
We pray every day, through the day.

God Bless Our Troops & God Bless America.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this, baldeagl. It is a good reminder to us all, and I am prompted by your comment to send a similar appeal to everyone in my email address book.

God bless you.

--kimmymac
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Propaganda as a tool Reply with quote

They are desperate to defeat Bush. They will attempt a lot before election day in the US and it will seek to get the American people upset about things going on in Iraq. They need for him to be defeated. November 2 can't get here fast enough.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for the DOD news releases. They send an automatic email for DOD news.

For two months now, I receive an email notification from DOD on US Casualties.

Everytime I get one of these emails, it states the soldier's name who was killed and where.

These emails sadden me a lot and I try to say a prayer for each and every one and their families.

It might be worth signing up for these so you may direct your prayers accordingly.

- Chief
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: 9-11 speeches Reply with quote

Did anyone listen to Bush's and Kerry's speeches on 9-11, this past Sat?

Bush closes with something like: God bless all those who have fallen, the innocent civilians, the police, the firemen, our soldiers and to all their families who grief; and God Bless America!

Kerry closes his speech with: Thank-you!
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray each and every day for not only those serving in harms was but also all retired vets and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. I have but to only look to the memory of my father who served through three wars only to die three months out of retirement at age 42, or to my father in law who just passed away who was a pow in germany for 18 months and who was just as much a father to me as my real father. All our prayers are with all who have served, are serving and those to serve. God Bless You All!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stee wrote:
I pray each and every day for not only those serving in harms was but also all retired vets and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. I have but to only look to the memory of my father who served through three wars only to die three months out of retirement at age 42, or to my father in law who just passed away who was a pow in germany for 18 months and who was just as much a father to me as my real father. All our prayers are with all who have served, are serving and those to serve. God Bless You All!

I will be thinking of them Stee, they will be in my prayers.
I'm also praying to God that history isn't repeating itself in a way
with the enemy assuming the wrong outcome to our election as did the
North Vietnamese in '71 with Kerry leading the way.
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was visiting my daughter in South Carolina and went out for a run and then stopped for some breakfast, inside where eight marines who were just sitting down, I asked if I could join them and they pulled up a chair for me and made me feel like I was one of them. I told them of my fathers and how proud I was of their service, I also made sure these eight marines know that they are loved and supported. From all walks of life these eight individuals were of one race---American. I say again to all Vets --Gods love to you... they also didn't complain when I picked up the tab.lol gotta support our troops any way shape or form.........
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also pray for all our troops and their families every day, for the ones serving, for the ones fallen, and I pray for our country and our President too. And, sadly I know first hand suicides can be another tragic part of war and can leave even more additional unbearable heartache on a family, as questions can never really be answered.

Debbie
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every night my friend..I pray for our troops, their families..and our President..learned that from my daddy a very long time ago..Also I have a candle lit for them as well. God Bless them..and our great nation!

PD
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the time. For All the troops and for my son in Baghdad with 1st Cav.
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: A special prayer page for our troops Reply with quote

This is a special page I just this weekend created and put up to my web site....for our troops, for our President, for all of us:

"Somebody's Praying For Me"
http://www.goodolddogs.com/SomebodysPraying4Me.html

I hope you like and (since I know have unlimited bandwith) please feel free to share it with all who might appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: