SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts after reading Unfit for Command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Thoughts after reading Unfit for Command Reply with quote

That has got to be the scariest book I have ever read. If you have not read it I urge you to read it. I will not belabor the points made in the book. I think you too will be scared and worried after reading it.

John Kerry has mental issues that I think make it unsafe for him to be in a position of power anywhere.

Peter Bartow
USMC 75-80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you 100%. I would love to see his medical records.
TXN8ive
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hit the nail on the head about UFC being a "scary" book, because that's exactly how I felt -- particularly after finishing Part II.

What is even more scary is the almost total blackout of any media inquiries into the documented activities of John Kerry as, well, a shill for the Viet Cong & North Vietnamese. Most media talking heads like Chris Matthews simply dismiss the book outright without acknowledging the documented truth that's in it.

It sends chills down my spine to realize that John Kerry -- who is now running for President -- had a hand in giving up our ally, South Vietnam, to a brutal communist dictatorship. As an American, I have always been ashamed that America betrayed her S.E. Asian allies by promising democracy while allowing them to be over run by a cruel and murderous enemy.

Speaking as a Beltway bureaucrat, John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi are very courageous men. I will guarantee that John Kerry's campaign goons will do everything in their power to see that Mr. O'Neill and Mr. Corsi are destroyed -- squashed like bugs. Thank God there are still people of honor and integrity like John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi left in this country!
Katie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: can anything be done? Reply with quote

There is no way he should lead this country but beyond that, he ought to be kicked out of the Senate and prosecuted for treason. He has aided and abetted our enemies, he was a major factor in our loss in Vietnam, and the damge he has done to our troops from the Vietnam era is shocking. I am 37 and all I ever heard about Vietnam in school was about the atrocities committed by our troops and the fact that we never should have been there. I also heard stories about how horrible it was for our troops, never knowing who was on their side, and how all the soldiers smoked pot and took other drugs just to forget about what they were doing. I was not inspired to read further about that war. I now see how wrong that was - just as our current soldiers are upstanding young men and women fighting for our freedom, so were our Vietnam Vets. I always felt that Vietnam Vets were to be pitied and couldnt understand why so many seemed to hate them personally b/c they were only doing what they had been told to do by their superiors - now I see why - b/c of liars like John Kerry. During the first Gulf War, there was a big effort to support the troops, even by the media, lest they repeat the errors of Vietnam. Now it seems they have forgotten yet again - no support for the war by the media, and support for the troops consists of a brief "but of course we dont blame the troops", all the while touting our latest losses and totting up the body count. Will they ever learn???
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This how I feel after reading the book an it's only how I feel.

This man is responsible for all the horrror stories I heard about vets.

This man is responsible for me thinking my uncle was a little crazy due to his vet status.

He is responsible for my thinking that my other uncle died for nothing in Nam.

He keeps my father inlaw silent on his experince over there.

He makes my Dad so angry that he almost gets teared up thinking about the pain from those days.

I can only come to the conclusion that he is a Communist operator or "Manchurian canidate" come to life.

If he's not a Commie then he is a without morals.

He flat out F'ing scares the crap out of me!

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Amazed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I feel? Ya know, I was an 11 year old kid when John FARCE Kerry did his time on that Swift boat. After reading this book, I'm damn glad I didn't serve with that idiot. I would have regretted ever meeting the self-serving fool.

This book was chilling. Bone chilling, and I believe it's 100% true.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only 2/3rds of the way through the book, but what I appreciate most is the way the authors kept the explanations simple. It's so plain-spoken, like John O'Neill is on TV, and yet so well foot-noted that you don't feel as if you are being spun while you read it.

It's a great balance to John Kerry's own nuanced verbiage where things are positive and negative, up and down, good and bad all at the same time.

I was just a little kid when all of these events happened, and like earlier posters, I am surprised at how much cultural trash about Vietnam and Vietnam Vets is accepted, and how much of it is due to John Kerry. My parents clearly knew, but they couldn't explain it all to me.
rockmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Unfit to be Commanded Reply with quote

I have been in the military for 14 years, 10 trips to the desert in support of the War, I have served more time in the desert than Kerry has time in the military I am almost willing to walk away from my retirement and everything if this punk a$$ coward is elected president. I thought slick will was bad for being a draft dodger but i would vote for him to be re-elected rather than serve for a president that has no backbone no Integrity, no Morals, ands no Commitment to anything but "Jon Kerry" YES I mailed my absentee ballot already I truly appreciate this book. I bought it at "The Wall" on August 23 on my way to Iraq I could not put it down once i started reading. Please Mr O'neill hurry and write more!!!!!!!

From the Front
Rock
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock...thanks for your support and your service...stay safe over there (and tell all your buds to sign in in our vet/active duty forum...luv to hear from you guys)
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothered me most was that the social content of the book reminded me of a division that remains in the US today. The division being: The good get criticized for being good. The sleazoids and malcontents get virtuous news coverage while the good people that hold the damn country together get maligned, berated or simply ignored.

The only historical footage you see from the 60's-70's is the Woodstock era, campus malcontents, or the Vietnam War reviewed cynically and commented on disparagingly. They don't show that the majority of the country was holding the US together, trying to make it all work.

Those same dividers are now doing big business as dividers.
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since passed my book on to an Army Riverine - RVN 67-68-69 ish. He's having a tough time reading it.

Not withstanding anything else in the book, I think the measure of Sen. John Kerry is graphically defined in the early chapter about the SwiftVet 2003 Summer Reunion.

He's a flat out classless jerk.

Anyone (especially women/wives....just ask my wife) who reads this chapter alone would not even consider having this man in a position of leadership.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylin19 wrote:
Not withstanding anything else in the book, I think the measure of Sen. John Kerry is graphically defined in the early chapter about the SwiftVet 2003 Summer Reunion.

AMEN!!!! That ticked me off so badly, I could barely read.

That little stunt of his was like leaving the Navy Ball in the middle of the POW/MIA ceremony!
odietz
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Unfit for Command Reply with quote

Finally got my book from Human Events (couldn't find it at Barnes & Noble). Finished reading it this weekend, and I have to say, it is a very concise explanation of why JFK should NEVER be CinC. He is a disgrace to service members everywhere, and the thought that countless vets would consider voting for him because he's "one of them" is too disturbing to contemplate.

Everyone must urge their friends to read this book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: