SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truegrit Street Poll Shows Kerry in Trouble in Boston Burbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Truegrit Street Poll Shows Kerry in Trouble in Boston Burbs Reply with quote

Most days of the week I stand at high-traffic intersections holding aloft a sign that reads "Kerry is Unfit to Be Commander-in-Chief." I poll the motorists as they pass by on a "thumbs up" vs. "Thumbs down" basis.

In the western suburbs of Boston I had, for several weeks, been getting thumbs up (often with accompanying honks) in a ratio of 3-to-1, a sign that most approved my message. (One one occasion the pro-Kerry thumbs down had a higher ratio).

Very recently, the ratio of thumbs up has moved to about 8 or 10-to-1, a very significant indication that Kerry could potentially be in trouble even in Massachusetts. (A caveat: as Wolf Blitzer of CNN would say, mine is not, I repeat not, a scientific poll).

I intend to do my street polling closer to home, literally, by marching into downtown Boston, to the state house and to Louisberg square, where Kerry has a residence. We'll see if I can get a 3 to 1 ratio of thumbs up for my anti-kerry sign in Beacon Hill -- a preserve of mainly rich Boston liberals. After that, it's on to Harvard Square and the Kennedy School -- let's hope my appearance doesn't spark a riot.

I will report the results of the Truegrit poll in Kerrytown on a weekly basis, in this posting slot.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GO Doc!! Very Happy
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Doc, just stay out of Harvard Square LOL!!
I must say I have noticed more Bush Bumper Stickers than Kerry/Edwards, as well as quite a few Vietnam Vets Against Kerry localy south of Boston.
Kerry was just as much an unknown here in Ma. as he was in the rest of the Nation, now that his "position(s)" are becoming better known he is seriously becoming hurt in the race.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted:

Fascinating observation.

I've been putting up a flyer entitled, "Vets Against Kerry" with some bulletted items: i.e. slandered a generation of veterans, his quote, "Yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities..." (from his 1971 "Meet the Press" appearance), voted 12 times against military pay increases, etc.

I've been doing this for about 4 months now, posting about 20-30 a day throughout the Philadelphia and S. Jersey area on telephone polls, inserting them in business mailboxes, etc.. I've noticed that more of the postings have been staying up longer. When I post near Police Stations and Fire Stations, they stay up much longer. Bottom line: people are getting the message.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Truegrit Street Poll Shows Kerry in Trouble in Boston Bu Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
Most days of the week I stand at high-traffic intersections holding aloft a sign that reads "Kerry is Unfit to Be Commander-in-Chief." I poll the motorists as they pass by on a "thumbs up" vs. "Thumbs down" basis.

You've got some stones, my friend! Keep up the excellent work. I wonder if any Swiftie ads will ever run in the Bay State...?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truegrit...you da man!

My compliments Sir. Sounds like fun Wink
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with directorblue on this, that's some brass!!
If kerry has to start campaigning in Mass, to save his (always empty) senate seat. i'll laugh till christmas. Smile
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Truegrit Street Poll Shows Kerry in Trouble in Boston Bu Reply with quote

[/quote] I wonder if any Swiftie ads will ever run in the Bay State...?[/quote] Lets go swifties lets turn the golden state pollster red. We want the whole country on 11/2/04 to be pollster red.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go! That's brass! Smile
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truegrit you are a great American, and the Duke would be proud to partner up with you.

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
I'm with directorblue on this, that's some brass!!
If kerry has to start campaigning in Mass, to save his (always empty) senate seat. i'll laugh till christmas. Smile
Kerry hanging onto his senate seat will be the least of his concerns. He is going to have to fight like hell just to keep his a$$ out of a federal prison where he belongs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: