SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sam's Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Sam's Club Reply with quote

Hey All;

On the Opinion Page of this mornings Fayetteville Observer (NC) was a letter by a writer asking if Unfit for Command was such a best seller why was there so many sitting unsold at the local Sams Club.

My wife is out the door with money and first cup of coffee in hand, she loves to shop Cool . Mission is to get two books.

I'll report back with the results.

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: "SOLD OUT" Reply with quote

My Wife just reported in as of 8:30 this morning. The clerk said they only got four cases of the Book. There were a few remaining when she quit work last night. None now Very Happy . She couldn't find any and we need to talk to the lady who runs the book section when she comes in after 1:00PM to find out when some more will be in.

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl, Jim

Hope you write to your local newspaper about the inaccuracy!

Incidentally, if Sam's Club is distributing, do you suppose they'll be at Walmart's soon ..... Twisted Evil
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife went to Walmart here in Cumming, GA yesterday and they did not have UFC. I'll check with Sam's Club in the area to see if they have the book. Borders @ Buford, GA didn't have it either. A lot of stores avoid it like the plague Evil or Very Mad
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Sam's Club Reply with quote

Regency is in their 10th printing..[Maybe more by now] I read that 4 days ago..#1 seller..Many bookstores probably backing off now, because of the MSM saying the story will be off the front page next week...Swifies ads not backing off, will keep their story going..

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Sam's Club Reply with quote

I went to my local Walmart in central NJ and did not find Unfit for Command. It is amazing with the poor distribution that UFC has reached its number one spot even taking into consideration the conspiracies to thwart the sales. If President Bush is relected historians will document that the SBVT was a major catalyst in turning the election around. And maybe SBVT will even end Kerry's political career he doesn't deserve to hold any government position.

JK
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now at Costco. Dunno which printing, but it had a yellow corner highlight proclaiming it a #1 bestseller. I'm pleased to see it, and think it ~should~ be lying around in great numbers at low prices: maybe then there will be a larger readership. Anyone who wouldn't ordinarily go out of their way to find it may pick it up now just 'cause it's in arms' reach, and "th' buzz" has caught their attention...

More IS better, IMHO.

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
volosong
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam's Club in Palmdale, CA has quite a few copies on their book end display. Estimate is probably around 20-30 copies or so. This was as of yesterday afternoon.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFC spotted today in Wal Mart in Paducah, KY, in the bestseller section, a little off to the side and partially blocked by another (non-book) display, but not hidden either. It was not displayed anywhere near as prominently as the book with a certain guy from Arkansas on it... Still, it's progress!
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal Mart in payson Az. has yet to carry the book. Dan said they only ordered 4 because it was conterversial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: