SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katie Couric to Beheading Kin: Do You Support War Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WayCool
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despicable IMO. I have emailed both addresses.

But lets leave MS Exchange bashing out of the political discussion shall we ? To each his own... I'm sure you can find plenty of discussion on alt.ms.exchange.comp

Wink
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to walk by my assistant's radio (picks up the NBC station here)
just as Hensley got that question... As Hensley answered, I was furious at Couric and uplifted by Hensley at the same time.

"Noble" is exactly the thought that comes to mind when I think of Jack Hensley's reply. I wish there was some way to express support to the Hensley's and their families...

As for Ms. Couric & NBC, while this is less important nationally, than RatherGate, it is even more disgusting. Thanks for the e-mail addresses:
I will write NBC and the local affiliate and let them know why I won't be watching NBC anymore. I will encourage everyone I can to do the same.

Since the question backfired, Couric should be made to re-run her question and Hensley's answer, and then apologize, on the hour, for the next 2 months!
And publicly change her name to Katie Courap.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the "News" has been converted to ratings-getting entertainment
in this country, shows like Today have slowly sunk into the muck. I have
watched as Katie has turned from a somewhat compasionate interviewer,
to an impertinet, thoughtless hack in short skirts!

I whole heartedly agree with Beatrice1000 who wrote:

Quote:
I would so rather see a blackout on the entire terrorist theater. I'd like to see one news outlet step up and say, there has been a kidnapping of so and so and we are not going to promote this action so we will not be showing any images put out by the terrorists or repeating any of their messages as to why the kidnapping occurred as this is just propaganda devised to undermine and demoralize our war effort. This is terrorist psyops and we are not going to work for them. I would like to see them go further in asking all their affiliates and media around the world to take this stand.

It is not only John Kerry who gives aid and comfort to our enemies. When
the media zealously reports the actions of terorists they facilitate those very actions. How many westerners do you think would be beheaded
if westerners refused to give them an audience? But in today's 'blood lust' culture news organizations clamor to be the "first" to run any story that "bleeds" and Americans validate their decision by watching.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent 2 emails telling NBC and Katie that she asked a great question and that they should replay the segment (to include Mr. Hensley's full answer) over and over.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaaaaa, homesteader you got it going ON!

Great answer to that despicable situation! I'll bet the freakin' little airhead doesn't even "get it," though. Rolling Eyes
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so embarrassed and hurt for how Katie handled that. What the hell is wrong with some of us, I mean Katie is an American too. I just feel sick.

Last edited by msindependent on Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N_N_N,

I didn't count on them "getting it" so I added another sentence. "That segment clearly demonstrates the difference between dignity and total classlessness. Let your viewers see and decide which is which." Even then I am not sure they will get it so there is still a chance we can talk them into showing it again.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the emails I sent came back Sad wonder if they're blocking them or is it a bad address? {sent 2 & both were returned}
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mails bounced back also.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couric, like the rest of the msm is toast, IMHO....

She is an idiot with a mic that caters to the dem base and that is about it...

She was ok when she used to keep her bias to herself and simply did her show...

But her and her idiot co-host liar or lour, or whatever his pathetic name is can't handle what we keep throwing at them...

I think it's great they get so ticked at us....

Prayers for the family of all the murdered victims, and oh I can't wait until we get zarqawi.

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a link to an archive of Couric's obscene "question"?

I want it to get LOTS of exposure.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the broadcast and can only speak from what everyone else has said about the interview. I try to look at things objectively and I am left wondering if Mr. Hensley possibly asked Katie Couric to ask that question, as to enable him to tell of his brothers feelings about the war and the efforts in Iraq ? I'm not saying that this is what happened, but I am asking if this is possibly the reasoning. Again I didn't see the broadcast so I'm kind of working without a net here...........
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to NBC

How biased are your reporters?

Katie Couric asking the beheading victim's family how they feel about the war? That is sick to ask that so soon after a death like that.

Ted Gregory asking the President "Can't you see how the American people don't believe you over Iraq" today at the news conference with Allawi.

NBC gives Kitty Kelly 3 days to spout about her book and not 1 interview of a Swiftboat veteran!

Over 250 good men put their names on that book about the John Kerry's core character.

Many Americans are questioning the MSM media now and we will not be satisfied until fair reporting comes out of this debacle!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the Today Show and although Couric has stepped over the Liberal line in the past it wasn't bad enough for me to stop watching. Now it's different. Everything is different nowdays! Attacked on 9/11, and then the likes of a traitor like John Kerry possibly leading this country thru our darkest time. I was never that interested in politics before now, not like this. What was Couric thinking? She took a gamble and lost on that interview. Somehow this needs big media attention, if nothing else spinning it to show the cold heartless question. Hensleys brother didn't agree to that interview to have her stab in his recent wounds. I am so proud of how he handled it. God bless that family.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
"Noble" is exactly the thought that comes to mind when I think of Jack Hensley's reply. I wish there was some way to express support to the Hensley's and their families...

There is. Go to:
http://www.jackhensley.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: