SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Draft is in Play...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Draft is in Play... Reply with quote

Draft is in play
Please look at the bills introduced by the Democrats that calls for all young persons in the US including women perform a period of military service or civil service AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES. See the links at DRAFT LIES in the geedunk forum. Kerry called for a draft in his DNC speech. Edwards supports it.
I sent an email to the chairman our local Rep Comm to address this.
Please get the message out to all parents of high school students, all college age young people you know so they can see the evidence of who REALlY supports the draft DEMOCRATS & KERRY/EDWARDS, not President Bush. Thanks. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any links to the copy of these bills right now? How about the bills name and number so I can find it in the House website? Anything?
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is quite old actually, and the Dem that introduced the bill said he did it to foster debate over the draft rather than thinking it would actually get passed.
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, here you go... The bill is: H. R. 163 and introduced on January 7, 2003.

If this is so old and only fostered to spark a debate, then why has Kerry brought it up and blamed Bush for wanting a draft?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Don't think this isn't still a goal of the DEMs. It has support and it will be raised if, God forbid, Kerry wins. Never think we are safe from something that is old or just for debate. Listen or read Kerry's DNC speech. Thanks for providing the ref # here. Also for the 2nd bill "S.89 1/7/2003" Hope that helps. Go to the geedunk forum and look under DRAFT LIES to see the original post. I'm sorry I didn't bring the info here and I appreciate the person who posted this initially. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolut wrote:
If this is so old and only fostered to spark a debate, then why has Kerry brought it up and blamed Bush for wanting a draft?

Because Kerry only "plays" at being a Senator and never shows up to vote for things. He probably thinks it's a Republican initiative. Yes he really is that clueless.

My point being that the Dems aren't really trying to get a draft going either. This is just more alarmist propaganda from the Kerry camp.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a Dem political move.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1146987/posts
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are both bills,
http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:H.R.163:
http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:S.89:

Actually a pretty good site. For example if you click the senators name you can pretty quickly figure which bills he has sponsored etc.
A good resource.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is getting desperate for the 18yo to 25yo vote, historically the weakest in terms of % getting to the polls, and historically Democrat. First off Canadas population would grow 10x the day such a bill was made law, can you imagine these spoiled college mommies boys surviving during basic? Secondly the US Military doesnt want them. We have to have highly motivated and intelligent troops nowdays with these current weapons systems and these college kids would be lost.

I see it all on my job everyday. Young coppers who are ex-military consistantly have their heads and rears wired together better then these college brats. Unfortunatly Police Dept.s are now run by draft dodgers and ex-flagburners with PHDs, so who do you think they hire instead?...................Rich
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this was Rep. Charlie Rangel(Dem) of New York who started this in early 2003 because of the war that was imminent then.
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be careful with the "spoiled college boys" bit. I have a nephew who is finishing college now after taking time off for Marine basic training.

There are spoiled kids that don't have college educations, too.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
I think this is quite old actually, and the Dem that introduced the bill said he did it to foster debate over the draft rather than thinking it would actually get passed.

It does date back as you can see to 2003, but just last night on our local news they were talking about this. They never did say who brought it up and never really gave a clear answer as how each of the 2 candidates fell about it but they did say that it was not going to go any further this session so at this point no one would have to worry about being drafted.

I did hear the other day on the radio listening to Hannity a kid call in and he wanted Kerry saying that he heard Bush was supporting the draft and he didn't want to be drafted. Hannity straightened him out. That seemed to be the only reason the kid was chosing Kerry.

The word does have to get out that it is Dems who even brought this forward.

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dems put a spin on everything. This is just another spin. I have not ever heard any mention of a draft until the DNC brought it up. Whats wrong with those people? Confused
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DoD doesn't want a draft so I think its unlikely to happen. They are much happier with their professional volunteer military than what would be the case if there was a draft. Also like someone pointed out earlier it was a dem who introduced the bill and they are trying to play it off like its the republican's plan. I think there was a thread earlier about DNC mass emailing college students trying to scare them about repubs trying to bring back draft if bush is re-elected, which is just a bunch of garbage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: