SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guy howdy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary J
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: New guy howdy Reply with quote

I'm a two tour Vietnam Vet. I enlisted in the army in '62 and went to Infantry OCS as a Staff Sergeant in 1966. My first tour in Vietnam was in '68 as a 1LT with 5th Special Forces Group (Abn) in I Corps. I was shot on operation after 5 moths in country and med-evaced back to the states. I returned for a tour with the 1st Air Cav in '72, and when the unit was rotated out as US major unit participation drew down, I was reassigned to SRAC in Pleiku for a little over 11 months total.
During those nearly 1.5 Vietnam tours I collected a Purple Heart, 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Army Commendation Medals with "V", a standard ARCOM, and Vietnamese awards.

I want to congratulate the Swift Boat Veterans as the first group I am aware of, that by their exposure, has had a major impact on the feelings of the general public toward Vietnam Veterans, and the feelings of worth some Vietnam Vets had for themselves.

Gary

By focusing attention on the self promoting, politically ambitious person Kerry has proven to be throughout his adult life, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have shown how Kerry's remarks in the early '70s were nothing but a collection of self serving lies that slandered every veteran. Now, he expects to be our Commander in Chief......I don't think so.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: New guy Reply with quote

Welcome on board, Welcome Back and a sincere Thank You for Serving your Country.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: howdy Reply with quote

I second that: Welcome Gary,
It's good to have you on deck, nothing but friendlys here.
This jerk that wants to be our next CiC is a joke, he gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "give me a break".
Cool
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Back Gary. U are a true American and hero.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home, Lt. Gary. This old Marine salutes you.

I hope you have read Unfit For Command. The lefties jumped on it as anti-Kerry slander attacking his heroism in the war, but they haven't even tried to defend his activities after the war. He called us all criminals, met with the enemy and brought their propaganda home with him and spewed it to lefties who gave him lot of credibility as a "decorated hero." Instead of admitting he was a traitor, they want him to be Commander-In-Chief.

As I've said before, I thought the war was over, but Kerry is forcing us to fight it some more.

How could this country be respected in the world with a war protester as president? That idea scares me.

Big Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: