SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major League Baseball - World Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Major League Baseball - World Series Reply with quote

Its getting onto October, and being a Red Sox fan I am very excited about the playoffs (WE JUST CLINCHED A SPOT).

What are everyone's predicitons?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year: my money (figuratively speaking) is on the Cards in 5. Opponent won't matter much. This year, the Cards are simply playing on a different level than everyone else.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
This year: my money (figuratively speaking) is on the Cards in 5. Opponent won't matter much. This year, the Cards are simply playing on a different level than everyone else.

I love rooting for the underdog... My only doubt about the cards is their pitching, which is extremly important in interleague play because the batters have less experiance hitting the opposing pitchers...

Santana Scares me too from the Twins... and the Yanks... ohhhh how they torture me.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about the Cards pitching too. Pity they can't find a fifth guy to win 15 games. (grin)
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
I worry about the Cards pitching too. Pity they can't find a fifth guy to win 15 games. (grin)

your right, I was thinking of a different team... but I think cards sox would make an interesting series
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go, Dodgers.
Sandy12
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the year the curse will be reversed!!

Go SOX!

Red Sox beat St. Louis in seven games.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Red Sox, go Eddie Yoest and Manny Ortiz!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: