SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oprah's on a mission also!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Oprah's on a mission also! Reply with quote

Oprah show today with Drew, Cameron Diaz and Christina Aquilar and P Diddy etc.... to get out the vote.

Which is ok - if it's for both parties.... I just have my doubts! They are all liberals. Cameron said she got scared 'cause 'WE'RE ALL ALONE NOW, YOU KNOW' - as in WE HAVE NO ALLIES !
OH NO! Hillary is there with P diddy.... tho, it says he did also come to the republican convention.... He has t shirts that say 'vote or die'.... he says it's because if you don't vote, you're giving up your life! ha!
Cameron brought up (to the women) they will be giving up the right to their bodies (she said 'rape'?) if they don't vote.... Now, P Diddy is saying that people have died for our right to vote and with Oprah talking about the women's vote and black people's right to vote.... that part's ok!
Brit hume talked to someone with last name Fund about voter registration and fraud.... he said one of the biggest things is the absentee ballot - I read on the kerry blog last night about college kids taking out tons of absentee ballots and then picking them back up (maybe having people complete while they are there). That is scarey!

oh yeah! P diddy says 'the REVOLUTION will be televised Nov 2!' - gee, wonder what he is talking about! tho, both p diddy and drew (she asked wes clark a question and got a circular type answer) both said they want plain language answers.... P says he wants 1+1 to = 2, not 35. well, that wouldn't be KERRY!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people have only one agenda: to beat Bush. Nothing non-partisan about them. They will lie, cheat and do everything they can in this election.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie

If you've got a transcript or have TiVo, maybe you could send what you've uncovered to MRC. There's already rumblings about all the free advertizing the Left is getting from the networks. Start collecting the evidence.
________
Penny Stocks

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_drummond wrote:
Stevie

If you've got a transcript or have TiVo, maybe you could send what you've uncovered to MRC. There's already rumblings about all the free advertizing the Left is getting from the networks. Start collecting the evidence.

I don't have either, but she will be on again at midnight AZ time. I'll try to find a tape and tape it later.... what's the MRC? They're having a lot of these shows on tv... Christina Aquilar will have a show on MTV tonight, and Drew and P Diddy are also gonna have shows on MTV on voting - they sure try to keep it low key, but you can tell what they're up to! When Cameron said what she did about women and their bodies, she caught herself and I think that's why it came out as 'being raped' rather than 'pregnant'. I certainly haven't heard either party supporting rape! It was so strange - I definitely want to hear that line again! One of the kdis on kerry's blog even wrote that they were registering people outside of bars and at a college when 1 guy said he didn't vote, the kerry person registering them said 'so, you want to get drafted?' and the guy registered. Talk about scare tactics! and lies....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are at music stores also. Walk about town with a college student and count the times they are approached.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie

MRC = Media Research Center. They keep track of bias in the media. They're a good clearinghouse.
________
WINNING INTERN

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.mrc.org

Awesome commentary on the MSM...

Read and learn.

reconflyer
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Diddy's VOTE OR DIE theme, but I think when he says "the revolution will be televised NOV 2" I don't think he is talking about voting out Bush, I think its a method to attract young voters who are into X-treme things (and things spelled incorrectly). I think what he does is admirable because it is not really advertising nor mentioning candidates, just trying to get more young people involved which is important.

Drew Berry more is an idiot (who I also beleive is talentless, but thats just my opinion) She has a documentary on her learning about the political system, and she literally knows very little. If i wanted a doc about someone learning about politics, I would rather not star a grown woman who in all cases should already know our system.

The aqulara show was sorta funny (missed most of it so i can't comment on its partisenness) but there was a scene where she is talking to a group of people who are waiting for marriage before having sex, and she keeps making references to her sex life, saying "well you test drive a car before you buy it" (I think she has test driven many cars...)

Very few hollywoods are nonpartisen, but I think Diddy is trying hard to be, which I respect because its the best way to get an issue out to there without critisism... Just ask Bono
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She isn't on until 4:00 pm in DC....
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw P-diddy a few weeks back in an interview and he was very anti-Bush or so it seemed.

Personally, I would never trust any Hollywood personality to make my decision on politics. The sad reality is a lot of young people do though.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
Personally, I would never trust any Hollywood personality to make my decision on politics. The sad reality is a lot of young people do though.

Very Sad... I can respect getting people to vote, but trying to sway the vote is abusing your celebrity.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst presidential election int he US history. The Liberals are so desperate to put their candidate in the White House that they are willing to disregard any ethical standards. If Bush defeats Kerry by a substantial margin, it's time to put these jerk artists to rest. I strongly dislike all of them.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As our friend Laura Ingraham said and the title of her book repeats:

SHUT UP AND SING!

Do you know how many movies, books, tv shows, cds I can not listen to anymore? Everytime I hear the "stars" names, I get sick to my stomach, let alone support their products..Keep your views to yourselves..I do not want to know..and I am sick and tired of your preaching to me you liberal mediahollywood people..sorry needed to vent a bit. Thanks for hearing me my friends.

As far as Miss O..someone needs to tell her, she is about over..I used to watch her..gave that up 2 years ago..Miss O, time to go...

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: