SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$87 Billion, Yea and Nay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: $87 Billion, Yea and Nay Reply with quote

Anne Kornblut and Patrick Healy wrote:
...Pressed to explain his line about voting for an $87 billion aid bill before voting against it, Kerry said it was "one of those inarticulate moments, late in the evening when I was dead tired in the primaries." Almost instantly, Bush campaign officials pointed out that Kerry had spoken at a noontime event. Aides to the Massachusetts senator later said he had made a mistake in his recollection....
Boston Globe

Let's see now, what was his explanation? Old pumpkin face just pulled off another obfuscation and the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka MSM) just let it go without pursuit of any kind. You'd almost think that stinker on CBS controlled all the media. Kerry: we're still waiting for your answer!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime this charlatan opens his yap to questions other than softball lobs, he digs himself a deeper political hole.

Quote:
Earlier in the day, ABC aired its interview with Kerry, including some tough questions about the war in Iraq. Asked whether the war in Iraq was worth the costs, Kerry replied: "We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today."

"So it was not worth it," interviewer Diane Sawyer said.

"We should not -- it depends on the outcome ultimately -- and that depends on the leadership," Kerry said.

"So if it turns out OK, it was worth it?" Sawyer asked.

"No," Kerry said.

A few moments later, Kerry said, "But was it worth -- as you asked the question -- $200 billion and taking the focus off of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda?"

Hughes, speaking to reporters, responded to Kerry's "Good Morning America" comments: "He now says, six weeks after saying, 'I would have voted the same way,' he now says no, he wouldn't. . . . He was asked whether it was worth it; he said, 'It depends on what the outcome is.' I guess that means if we win, it was worth it; if we don't, it wasn't. That's leadership, isn't it?"
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that he still says these "off the wall" things tonight during the debates. The bloggers will be ready to double check all the facts that Bush and Kerry put forth.
God Bless America,
Greenvale
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again he puts his political ambitions before the good of the servicemen of this country.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Quote:
Anne Kornblut and Patrick Healy wrote:
Quote:
...Pressed to explain his line about voting for an $87 billion aid bill before voting against it, Kerry said it was "one of those inarticulate moments, late in the evening when I was dead tired in the primaries." Almost instantly, Bush campaign officials pointed out that Kerry had spoken at a noontime event. Aides to the Massachusetts senator later said he had made a mistake in his recollection.... Boston Globe

Adtually, I think the comment was about 1:30 in the AFTERNOON in the appearance at Question Marshall Univ. Question Question

I agree with his aides...he has bad recollection.

The problem with being a consistent liar is the fact that the lies to cover the lies become increasingly difficult to track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: