SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Kerry and Medeiros Told the New Yorker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: What Kerry and Medeiros Told the New Yorker Reply with quote

Check out Kerry's twisted logic here, by beaching a swift directly in front of enemy fire any troops onboard in the stern would be protected. Obviously Kerry forgot one minor detail: if it is a small canal what happens if the take fire from the opposite shore? I'd hate to be one of them troops in the stern being chewed up with lead with no place to go.

Of course, Kerry had a much different story he told CNN why he beached - his boat was loaded down with troops preventing him from escaping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New Yorker
The Long War of John Kerry
by Joe Klein
Posted 2004-01-05

"He had talked to me about trying something different," Mike Medeiros, a crew member from San Leandro, California, said. "He said he was tired of just going up the river and getting shot at. He asked me what I thought about turning to attack the enemy positions if we took fire and no one was hurt. I said it might not be a bad idea."

If he turned his boats toward the shore, Kerry believed, he would transform a long, horizontal target into a narrower, vertical one. "It would concentrate both of our machine guns directly on the point of fire and surprise the hell out of them," and it would keep the twenty soldiers each boat was carrying astern out of the line of fire, Kerry recalled. "When the firing began, I gave the order to turn and_phoom!_we just went in and beached and took them by complete surprise, and we routed them and we didn't take a wound."

As Kerry's boat crashed ashore, a lone Vietcong stood up holding a B-40 rocket-propelled grenade launcher. "When he first stood up, he froze, because he didn't expect to see us staring him in the face, literally ten yards away." The man was wounded by one of Kerry's crewmates and began to run; Kerry leaped off the boat and chased him. "I didn't want to let him get away. I didn't want him to run away and turn around with an active B-40 and take us out. There but for the grace of God . . . The guy could have pulled the trigger and I wouldn't be here today."

Was he standing and aiming? In the June 16, 2003, edition, Kerry told the Boston Globe the Vietcong was running away with a rocket launcher, and Kerry shot him because he could have turned and fired. Kerry said he shot him to keep him from running behind a hut. Kerry said the Vietcong was hurt, and others were firing from other directions, but he was still dangerous. The article said Medeiros, who had an M-60 when aboard, had tried to fire but failed. It said Belodeau's gun had jammed.
tigerflyboy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: so if I read this right Reply with quote

you now say that Kerry has been quoated as stating he was loaded down with troops, but last week you toldMr Reese that he did not have anybody on his boat, after Doug Reese tried to let you know that he did indeed have troop on the craft. And you accuse Kerry of Flip Flopping!
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: ha Reply with quote

no wonder he calls him or herself the bandit Smile
DELTREE
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital, The Facts and Proof are in: J.Fonda Kerry is a BUM!!
Take Care your Friend and Truth Teller DELTREE Laughing
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: so if I read this right Reply with quote

tigerflyboy wrote:
you now say that Kerry has been quoated as stating he was loaded down with troops, but last week you toldMr Reese that he did not have anybody on his boat, after Doug Reese tried to let you know that he did indeed have troop on the craft. And you accuse Kerry of Flip Flopping!

Kerry say, not I say.......I am not a Kerry spokesman.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: so if I read this right Reply with quote

tigerflyboy wrote:

A Kerry Quote? Which one? This week's or last week's. A Kerry quote is like shitpaper... use it once and throw it away! There's always more on the roll!

If you lined his quotes up over 35 years you'd have a reciprocating fan that would eliminate global warming!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good material ASPB, this guy flip flops more than the California coastline.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: so if I read this right Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
tigerflyboy wrote:

A Kerry Quote? Which one? This week's or last week's. A Kerry quote is like shitpaper... use it once and throw it away! There's always more on the roll!

If you lined his quotes up over 35 years you'd have a reciprocating fan that would eliminate global warming!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kerry has a software problem. He keeps using the same file name for everything he says. So each day he overwrites what he said the day before so he doesn't realize he has said something different.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: