SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Cleanup Continues!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Site Cleanup Continues! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting the site cleaned, but here we are. I have removed Saint for good. NavySue1 is MorfDQ for those of you wondering. Unless they were all 3 the same person... I suppose thats possible!

Everyone please extend a welcome to Me#1you#10 and War Dog as your moderators. They are long standing and active members who will patrol the boards to keep posts on topic and civil.

Now! Lets remember why we are here and what we were discussing. Hopefully no other small distractions will occur.

Thanks,
Admin

Last edited by administrator on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need more admins, please keep me in mind. I'd be happy to patrol and not post. I knew NavySue was not who he/she claimed.

On a more serious note -- thank you for all the hard work you and the other admins do here. There is no doubt that this past week has been a true test for you all.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
If you need more admins, please keep me in mind. I'd be happy to patrol and not post. I knew NavySue was not who he/she claimed.

On a more serious note -- thank you for all the hard work you and the other admins do here.

I second that.

FDL
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Outstanding! Reply with quote

Nice job, guys. Sounds like you've made 2 great choices for moderators. Semper Fi!
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I third that, Semper Fi.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start but all of the trolls need to go, mikey, craig, sparky, hesoid, etc. They have done to much damage for anyone to accept them now. I think you guy's were a good choice and will keep the Cr*p that was on here this weekend out.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Good start but all of the trolls need to go, mikey, craig, sparky, hesoid, etc. They have done to much damage for anyone to accept them now. I think you guy's were a good choice and will keep the Cr*p that was on here this weekend out.

Yes. Be sure to ban all dissenting opinions. Make this site Free Republic 2.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, mikest, don't you mean DU2? Laughing On a serious note, I don't see any reason why you, sparky or Craig s/b banned. Hesiod I'm not sure about, but for now he s/b given the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion .... Semper Fi!
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
Hey, mikest, don't you mean DU2? Laughing On a serious note, I don't see any reason why you, sparky or Craig s/b banned. Hesiod I'm not sure about, but for now he s/b given the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion .... Semper Fi!

Yeah. I can see that too. I don't read D/U because my opinions are much more moderate.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as mikey, craig, sparky, hesoid go, the moderators will keep an eye on them, as well as everybody else. We're all starting off fresh here, and we will be posting the rules for everybody to see and read. If mikey, craig, sparky, hesoid and anybody else obeys the rules, then there is no reason to ban anybody. Honest, intense discussion and debate on any subject or issue is welcome here. From this point on, if anyone has a problem with another member, PM one of the two moderators, and we will look into it. No more telling who you think should be banned on the open forum threads.

We will be fair with everybody, but we also expect everybody to obey the rules.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:

Yes. Be sure to ban all dissenting opinions.

You are attempting to define legitimate self defense against invaders from DU as "censorship".

It wont work. We're on to you and your usual bag of tricks.

And by the way...

Tell those other nippleheads back at ** (where you come from) that THEY are the single best reason NOT to vote for Kerry.

You can accurately judge a man by the company he keeps, and you can accurately judge a politician by his supporters.

I would rather set my head on fire and put it out with an axe, than to vote for ANY candidate that weasles like you and your friends at DU support.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great move! Now, a board we can all be proud of!
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww,
wtf
Saint banned? Laughing
So,what was he up to , 90 - 100 posts a day ?
spam button invoked on his sorry azz Cool

Yep.
With language like this;
nakona wrote:

I would rather set my head on fire and put it out with an axe, than....

There is no doubt in my mind that nakona is a vet I can vouche for without personally knowing Wink
btw
You new mods don't be fast on the trigger.
I suppose sending them more than a couple private message warnings without return private message explainations is the way to go?

be advised,
Some actual Sh!t-bird may show up with a chip on his/her shoulder at first and wanting a perch to vent from.
Seriously,
Gotta give people time and the benefit of the doubt.

With that being said,
My "Stupid question" of the day is about thread lengths.

With threads going 5+ pages long,
is there a way when I click on a thread ( I've previously viewed )
I will automatically be taken to the last post I viewed?

On other boards I will see in the reply box something like this;
68 (22)

so I know since my last visit, there have been 22 replies since I left the site. I click on it and zip...there I am taken to the start of those 22 unread posts.

That is all.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to tell the difference between an Honest Dissenter and a Bush-Bashing Troll. It's frankly astonishing that they apparently don't know how obvious they are. Sometimes I just have to stop and honestly ask myself... "Is he really that dumb? This has to be an act."
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airedale, if you click on the little white box to the right of the name in the right hand column, it will take you to the last post on that thread.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: